Chapter 13- The Aftermath

Chapter 13- The Aftermath

A Chapter by WoLf

Shadow stood over his father’s body unable to process words. His eyes filled with tears and they soaked over his face. No one spoke. Shadow sobbed to himself not holding back. The long tense moments wandered by as all remained silent except for Shadow’s sobs. A pure hatred for Chanoue washed over him. Even if he was his uncle, Chanoue was nothing more than a monster that had cursed his life. His childhood pack was dead, his friends, the memories. His father, his mother; both ripped from him. But now he had many things to fuel him forward. His mother still had a chance but how was going to stand against Chanoue and his army. He was growing so close to his victory, a rebellion seemed hopeless. Crystal placed her paw over his shoulder. This wasn’t the time for Chanoue or worrying about his plans or his own. The body before him left him feeling alone as though he had lost all. David moved back nodding to his fellow wolves to do the same. Nothing could parallel the feeling. “I just got him back”. Shadow mumbled finally. “And now he’s gone”. Crystal couldn’t respond. She took her paw from his shoulder and moved back. Shadow buried his head into his father’s chest. “I’m so sorry dad; I never wanted to get you into this”. For a spit moment Shadow had remembered his fathers shouting voice as he had gone over the falls. “You did so much for me. You even died for me”. Shadow said standing up from the body. “I promise you will not have died in vain”.

 

 

As night fell, the surviving followers, Earl among them, mounted James’ body into a crackling fire all giving the natures song of remembrance.

 

Death brings forth our freedom from this world; we bask in sorrow and tears. Never forget the soul lost. Keep your heart strong and do not fight the pain. Do not worry and do not fight remorse. Grief fills the air but please never forget. Love and gloom unites us another day.

 

Despite the song being sang among the wolves, Shadow felt focused on stopping Chanoue, bringing him down. The crackling of the flames filled his ears as did Crystal who whispered the song quietly to herself. David looked up from his depressed thousand yard stare. “I understand your want for revenge; but I urge you to go the shrine at the top of the mountain”. Shadow nodded but kept his eyes on the fire watching the burning cadaver. “We’ll head up in the morning I think he needs some time”. Crystal whispered to David. “Take the silk with you, Nature will only contact you with it”. Crystal gripped in her paw. Shadow felt locked in thought still and continued into the night unable to pry away.

 

 

 

Chanoue sat quietly with his eyes on the sky. The sun had collapsed behind the mountains. He held up the vile in his paw tightly. The memory of the brother he thought he knew filled his mind. “What a fool”. Chanoue growled to himself. But he did serve a purpose. Now Chanoue was nearly ready, ready to enter the tomb and begin his journey to destroying the human race. The murderers the fiends behind it all were to meet their demise and Chanoue would crown himself as the rightful leader of the planet. Just the way Vagras had foreseen it. It was in his blood and in his species. The title rightfully belongs to wolves or those who have followed Chanoue to the end. Chanoue looked down at the crumpled form of Kanoue; he seemed to have figured what had happened. He was scared looking and rather upset too. Chanoue smiled as he lowered the glass vile. His canine teeth glimmered. “You did not die in vain”. Chanoue whispered.


© 2011 WoLf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on October 16, 2011
Last Updated on November 29, 2011


Author

WoLf
WoLf

CA



About
Just the average guy doing his thing. Current project(s): Winchester Grove Finished Projects: Through Wolves Eyes Series Future Project(s): Wolvrens of Frost Creek (name subject to change) more..

Writing