Chapter 12- A Brother’s Lust

Chapter 12- A Brother’s Lust

A Chapter by WoLf

The cave had erupted in war. Chanoue’s wolves had engaged with natures followers. The battle was stretching onward, bodies collapsing everywhere. Nearby, Chanoue had already engaged in his true purpose for coming here. James watched Chanoue’s eyes carefully. They had barely spoken not wanting to break the silence. James could have stood for hours, his ears folded and his eyes narrowed. Chanoue finally spoke. “So here we are”. James nodded not taking his eyes away from Chanoue’s. “I would like having a heart to heart right about now wouldn’t you”? James sneered. “Why did you do all this, why the plotting, why the murder”? Chanoue looked away waving his paw absent mindedly. “Our father would have wanted this don’t you see”? James shook his head. “Chanoue, our father was wrong. That’s why I left, to start a family, to forget what he told us”. Chanoue suddenly burst out in rage. “No! You left because you are a coward and our father was always right”. James lowered his head and looked back up. “You can’t bring him back; finishing his insane work will not benefit anyone”. Chanoue turned his head wincing. “How did you know he was dead”? “Arnoue told me, he knew you as well as I did or so I thought”. Chanoue smiled with a placid grin. “Arnoue was just as much of a coward. You both ran and I still found you. Chanoue inched closer to James. “I always was the better one, brother”. “Chanoue, killing off the humans will do nothing; no species is pure good… not even ours”. Chanoue looked down at himself and looked back up snarling. “I don’t support what happened to Vargas but you must understand he was wrong”. Chanoue wrapped his huge clawed paw around James’ neck. “How dare you mention his name”! James squinted down at Chanoue. “So you killed Kanoue and now me”? Chanoue let go and pulled back. “I haven’t killed Kanoue... yet”. James moved on Chanoue slowly. “There is good in you Chanoue, you care for your family so now let go and move on from Vargas’ mission”. Chanoue shook his head. “I’m sorry you couldn’t see things my way brother I must bid you farewell”. James’ turned his head watching the chaos erupting around the cave. Wolves slaughtering one another and then, among them a familiar black wolf was running towards them.

 

 

 

Shadow could see his father standing with Chanoue in front of him. He shoved passed the fighting wolves in vain to reach his father. A wolf jumped up in his face forcing Shadow to bite down on his muzzle. The wolf retreated back giving Shadow more room to move. He had to get to his father, he had to reach James. Crystal was behind him when suddenly a hunched black wolf rose up on her forcing her back. It was Ranoue. “The daughter of the brown meat hound, how delicious”! He snarled licking his chops. Crystal narrowed her eyes. This was her time for revenge. She leaped onto Ranoue sending him onto his back. Crystal swung her paws viciously against him slicing ever part she could touch. Crystal was not familiar with delivering a killer bite but this time, it almost came natural. Her teeth sank down hard into Ronoue’s neck. The fleeting look of terror in his eyes gave Crystal her final satisfied vengeance. He slumped over in his curled form. She looked over at Shadow still forcing his way through the crowd. “Dad”! Shadow cried out in desperation. James looked over for a split second then returned to Chanoue’s eyes. “Brother, please”. James pleaded. Chanoue grinned and in slash of teeth Chanoue had bitten across James’ neck and pushed it back, snapping it. Shadow watched, uncontrollable anger and fear rising through him. James barely turned his head to give Shadow his final look. James’ body fell slowly to the floor, erupting one last breath before collapsing. Chanoue bent over casually and allowed the blood from James’ neck to fill a small vial before handing it to another wolf beside him. Shadow ran at him but from two sides Crystal and David had grabbed him. “NO”! Shadow yelled. “LET ME GO”! Chanoue laughed loudly. The other wolves of his pack moved to him and stood alongside him. The followers were mostly dead or wounded but watched Chanoue with fear. “So young Shadow, that’s right, I know who you are”. Shadow growled unable to hold back the tears. “The son of my brother, you have his determination, it runs in our family”. “I am not of your family”! Shadow sputtered, tears flying over his muzzle. A nearby screaming had set in the state of things worse then ever. A white female wolf with blue eyes was being held in chain by Chanoue’s wolves. It was Serina. Her eyes were bloodshot and her fur was stained in dry wounds. She looked tortured mentally and physically. “I captured your thilthy mother before slaughtering the pack. They put up a fight but I dare say they fought to protect a lot. Your mother’s thoughts betray her.” Chanoue said with a wicked smile. “I suggest your quest end here”. Shadow reached out to his mother. Both their eyes met with fear and sadness. She seemed almost mute, shocked and unable to speak. “If you hurt her Chanoue-” “I have respect for females”. Chanoue said sternly. “That doesn’t count for my fellow wolves”. The wolves holding the chains shook them threateningly. “I hope we do not see each other any time soon, young Shadow”. Chanoue pulled from behind him a small red piece, The Shadow Stone. With a red flash, Chanoue and his men vanished, leaving behind nothing but the wreckage and destruction of their attack.



© 2011 WoLf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
Added on October 16, 2011
Last Updated on November 29, 2011


Author

WoLf
WoLf

CA



About
Just the average guy doing his thing. Current project(s): Winchester Grove Finished Projects: Through Wolves Eyes Series Future Project(s): Wolvrens of Frost Creek (name subject to change) more..

Writing