Skarmory feathers

Skarmory feathers

A Chapter by Work_in_progress

A bright, pulsing light appeared in the endless vortex and Randy was nearly blinded. He held his arms in front of his eyes and screeched painfully. The light wasn't cheerful and warm like the sun, it was black and frozen like the reflection of the moon on ice. He was sucked towards it just as he had been to the dusclops, and Charmander's tail light vanished within the light instantly. All of his own pokeballs excpet one had been lost in this place, and he already mourned the loss of his longest friend, Infernape, who was his starter. This exploration had been about leveling up the other pokemon he had recently caught, including the charmander his sister left him. He wasn't going to lose his sister's only remaining pokemon like he had lost her. He twisted his body until it moved very quickly towards the light, which he now realized was gigantic, he got closer and closer but it only got bigger and bigger. Finally he felt it's hot, painful whips of fire as they lashed out and grasped his limbs, one by one the tightened and dragged him into the ball of what looked to be either black fire or ghosts. Once he was inside the ball... he was outside, in a forest. He laid face down on the damp grass with a horrible whistling sound behind him. He turned to see the ball again, but much smaller and shrinking every moment. He jumped to see if he could catch it and transport himself back to the cave to collect his pokeballs, but it was got with a plume of smoke. He barely had time to sigh before the smoke erupted into a massive concussive wave that he was in the middle of. It sent him flying back at least twenty feet and caused his ears to beat and ring. When they cleared he caught the tail end of a violent screaming that the ball had emit. He laid there, on the ground, nearly unconscious. His head fell to one side and he caught a glimpse of his Charmander, laying on a rock with his tail in the damp grass, dimming rapidly. He scooted over to him and pulled his tail out of the grass and his body into his arms. The orange creature looked up at him and smiled, panting and wheezing. Randy embraced his friend and stood shakily, his head still spinning from his launch. He looked around at the forest. Behind him, the forest seemed to stretch on forever, unknown pokemon lying within. Luckily he seemed to be at the very edge of the forest, in front of him there were only a few trees before the area broke into a pleasant valley. There was something crepy about this place, though. It was eerily silent and still, light time had been paused and he had happened to jump into the frame. "Hello?" He called into the grassy plains. It echoed for some time before succumbing to the silence once again. His eyes narrowed and his eyebrows raised as he glanced around the clearing, stepping away from the gloomy forest. The charmander jumped from his arms and walked beside him. "Little spooky, huh. Where are all the pokemon?" As he spoke, a thundering herd of tauros came barreling over the horizon towards the forest. "Ah, wow! I've never seen that many of them before." He smiled down at Charmander, but his buddy returned the look with one of complete horror. He was shocked to see that his pokemon was pulling him back into the forest. He looked again to see one of the pokemon different than the others. In fact, he recognized several features of another pokemon. It's fur was white and black compared to the other's brown pelts. It's mane was pale and it's fur was longer. The biggest hint was that this... whatever it was had a skull mask resting comfortable on it's head and a bone gripped firmly between it's jagged teeth. Randy froze as he stared at the beast, and it stared back, turning and directing the herd of pokemon towards him. As they got closer he began to run into the forest, but not before noticing that all of these creatures were strange. They were larger than any tauros he'd met before and they all had wide, drooling, gaping mouths lined with pointed daggers instead of the teeth he had seen others brandish for the purpose of eating grass. He didn't want to imagine what those teeth were purposed to eat. 
Suddenly, as he passed through the first layer of trees, the creatures began to growl and snarl at something else. He turned around to see the Marowak/Tauros monster on it's side with a glowing red rope or whip of sorts wrapped around it's horn. It growled and tugged on the restrain, but whatever was holding it from just out of view didn't seem to want to let go. The other Tauros began to flee and the Maroros... Taurak, whatever it was tried to follow them. Suddenly the source of the rope became airborne and the monster's head and front legs were pried off the ground. Still it bucked and pulled at the rope until it managed to pull the source into view. Randy's eyes widened as he stared at a man as they landed firmly on the back of the best and grabbed the skull, tugging at the mane while being bucked every direction possible. Connected to his shoulder blades, widened and spreading out behind the scuffle, were a pair of wings that belonged to a Skarmory. They flapped to keep balance, but the monster didn't quit and the man became frustrated. Before he could blink, there was the sound of a small explosion and the beast fell forward with a groan. Then it was motionless, and murky blood spilled into the grass, followed by a dance of fluttering red Skarmory feathers.


© 2016 Work_in_progress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on July 26, 2016