Crazed ~Chapter 1~

Crazed ~Chapter 1~

A Chapter by Work_in_progress

I think about this and it makes my stomach crawl the same every time. Just like it did back then. My heart pounds and by eyes want to close, but my imagination doesn't like to be told when to stop. Nevertheless, I feel now is as good a time as any to reveal what really happened that night. If you don't want to read this, then I don't blame you, I don't want to write it. 
It was an April night -the 12th to be exact- and me and my two friends were walking home from something. What it was escapes me now, but I remember it had something to do with school. It was too late to be just after being let out, because the sky was already dark and the moon was well above our heads. Their names were Sam and Kim, and they were both just as warm as I was. It was mysterious that the weather would differ so much from one night to the next, but we didn't complain. The heat was nice. We were walking, and I remember Sammy told a joke, and we were all laughing when I realized. We were being followed. There was a large, muscular man in an even larger coat following us from 10 feet. His face was covered and his eyes seemed to be glowing in the moonlight. I tapped Kim and nodded backwards discreetly, they both looked back one at a time, trying not to seem obvious. Kim acted like she was watching a car that sped past us and Sam just looked. We didn't know what to do, but we all agreed he wouldn't try anything here. We were on a sidewalk along a busy neighborhood where many of our friends and family lived. He would be an idiot to try and attack us here, but still he began to speed up. He slowly closed the gap between us and him. We all began to panic, we didn't know how to fight or what to do, and we couldn't call the cops. Sam decided to call his mom, just in casual conversation, because he was the only one with any battery left. If he was taken with her on the phone, she'd immediately call for help when he stopped talking. She didn't pick up. They looked at each other in fear as Sammy tried every contact in his phone. One of them picked up, but they barely knew Sam, so they quickly ended the talk. I bet we looked pathetic in that moment, our eyes whipping back and forth between anything that could explain us looking back and the phone. He started to walk a bit faster until we had another 20 feet on the guy, then we saw a house that our friend lived in. I went up and knocked on the door, and slowly it creaked open an older woman looking out at us. She was about 50 or 60, but she seemed to be younger, her eyes being the only give away. "Hi, is James home?" I asked frantically. She looked at me with narrowed eyes, and then back at the man that was following us. She opened the door, "N-no, but he will be back shortly." I swore that I saw her smile as we walked in, and not in a comforting way. It was a smile that she had someone planned this to happen. 


© 2016 Work_in_progress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on August 5, 2016
Last Updated on August 5, 2016