Crazed ~Chapter 3

Crazed ~Chapter 3

A Chapter by Work_in_progress

Walking upstairs seemed to take more effort than it should have, and it wasn't anything physical. Mentally, I wanted to run back and forth through the house to find my friend and an exit that wasn't guarded by the human equivalent of a pitbull. It was this that caused my strength to falter, holding my legs back from acting on instinct. When I reached the second door, I held his hand out to the round knob and began to hyperventilate. I grasped the metal and steadied his breathing, tapping my fingers on the underside, nervous. I took a step back and held one long breathe as I shoved the door open, it crashed against the wall harmless and quiet to expose a marble bathroom. There was a sink, a toilet, a bathtub... all things that you'd expect from a room in such a house. I stepped in and looked at the ceiling. There was nothing peculiar about it that I could see. Just another bathroom with obnoxiously sweet soap and irritating little motivational signs. I scratched the back of my neck as I always did when I was nervous or thinking. I did have to go to the bathroom, but not bad enough to go in this creepy woman's home. Maybe I was being judgmental, overthinking simple things because I had been chased. Then I remembered Kim.
I immediately swallowed by sense of comfort and turned back around, facing the empty hallway with it's oak base and green top. I walked out of the room and looked down the hall. There was a strangely large gap between the bathroom and the door Kimmy had been sent to. I so wished she would walk out right there and say something that made total sense for her absence, but as I walked to her last location, it didn't happen. I held my breathe even more this time, chewing on the end of the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I reached out to the doorknob and grasped it, this one was cleaner, colder, more terrifying. "Hey." I nearly screamed when Sam appeared behind me and grabbed my hand from behind. He opened the door without a second thought and we both look on in shock at the open room. There was nothing there but a bunch of boxes piled in the corner. They weren't boxes that one would use when moving, but crates, to keep explosives in. I wasn't sure why that was my first thought, but I had more important things at hand. Sam walked in, holding his hands in his pocket, "What a weird room to just... have." He looked around and beckoned me to follow him, I reluctantly shuffled into the creepy room and over to the crates. i swore that I heard something from the inside, and it make my spine buzz with horror. I saw a crowbar nearby and picked it up, not sure how to do it, when Sam grabbed it from my hands and pried the crate open. Inside, there was nothing but a bowl of water and a bowl of what appeared to be stake. I looked down and gasped, I wasn't sure of relief or fear. "Umm, maybe she has a dog?" Sam looked at me with the emotion we both shared. It said, Probably not...


© 2016 Work_in_progress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 7, 2016
Last Updated on August 7, 2016