Crazed ~Chapter 4~

Crazed ~Chapter 4~

A Chapter by Work_in_progress

There was an air of silence that felt deadly. I couldn't move and I couldn't speak, but Sam seemed a little less paralyzed. "So, where's Kimmy?" He asked, scratching his wrist. My instinct In grabbed his hand, "Stop it." It was a bad habit that had caused him to loose blood in the past and I had volunteered myself to stop it. We all had nervous ticks but his was dangerous, and I didn't have to be thinking to but a stop to it. He chuckled and his hand fell to his side, shaking until he closed it into a fist. "We should go look for her, maybe she saw it and ran away, and now she's hiding in the house, or maybe she just went exploring. My brain felt dead, but even I could admit I didn't want to stay here any longer and it was a reasonable explanation. "Yeah... yeah let's go." I grabbed Sammy by the arm and began to sprint towards the door when I was tripped by a thin invisible wire that sounded an impossibly loud crack that opened a hole in the ground. My body toppled inside, but my mind was occupied with saving myself and Sammy. I let go of his arm first, pushing him back as far as I could as time slowed. I grabbed at the sides of the floor as my foot snapped the wire and my torso fell into the hole. With a metallic clang, the door closed again, and this time it was stopped by my ankle that was now trapped and being crushed, but keeping me from falling. A scream built up in my throat, but I held my hands over my mouth to keep it in and it burned by neck. I hadn't realized I was crying until I moved by hand to my forehead and wet droplets spilled over it, groping and clawing at my hand until they eventually fell into the abyss below me, as I feared I soon would. The muscled in my leg stretched and barked at me in pain to pull myself up. "Oh, god... oh god, oh god." I hear Sam through the door, his voice shaking and wavering, threatening to take his consciousness. Although it was going numb, I could feel Sam's fingers delicately wrapping around my foot and I heaved my head upwards to see his second hand prying at the metal door, to no avail. He was hyperventilating and I was not in the position to comfort him, but I tried. "Sam! Sammy, I'm okay, for now." I looked down and whimpered to myself. "I, uh, I think I'm in a bit of a predicament though. I can't see the bottom." Iwiggled my foot to make myself more comfortable, but it made me fall a bit mroe and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for that split second I thought I was going to die. "I think you need to... to, uh, pull the wire to open the door." I looked up and his hand was gone. "Sam? Sammy? Sam!" I called, but I didn't find a reply in the blond boy. Then there was a click and another violent whir and my foot was released, but there was no grasp to keep me from falling, only the violent, horrific smile of the woman with blood staining her hands.


© 2016 Work_in_progress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016