Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rogelio Chavez

David flew over the night sky landing on an apartment building. David crawled down knocking on a random door. This woman opened the door greeting him.

 

"Yes."

 

"Hello ma'am. I lost my cell phone and need to make a call. I hope you don't mind if I can use your phone."

 

"Well, I am busy. No, I'm sorry. You can make a call in the office. If you don't have coin, I'll gladly give you some."

 

"Fine."

 

The woman starts closing the door when David forced his way inside. He looked around looking at the clean living room and spotless kitchen. The woman yelled in alarm at David to get out.

 

“What are you doing!? Get out of my place!! Get…”

 

She stopped yelling when a door in the hallway opened. A seven year old boy came out rubbing his eyes.

 

“Mom, why are you yelling? It that man hurting you?”

 

“No honey. I am yelling because he can’t hear that well. I’m fine. Go back to bed.”

 

The child went back in his room leaving the door opened. The mother went to close the door and looked back at David.

 

“Please don’t hurt my child. I’ll do anything just don’t touch him.”

 

“Fine.”

 

David walked up to her with the woman frozen in her track. David pulled the woman up and close to him. He starts kissing her with letting something go down her throat. She pulled away, choking. She felt her head throbbing, her stomach stinging. Her eyes went all black. David just recruited her.

 

“I want you to go around and recruiting people. I must look for Tess.”

 

“Yes.”

 

David walked outside and took off flying across the sky. The woman went around in people houses knocking the door down. She kissed everyone she recruited. When she finished, she had recruited 21 people,

 

 

 

Liz and Tom ran the streets of the suburban streets. Liz ran into a house up into the master bedroom, where a couple slept peacefully, without a single sound. She walked up to them looking at them closes. She opened her mouth and exhaled, giving a terrible smell. She ran out in a single second on to the next house. The guy woke up with a nauseating pain in his stomach. He vomited on his floor waking up his wife. The guy yelled in pain, worrying his wife.

 

“Michael, are you alright? Honey.”

 

Michael by then had turned into one of them. He looked back at this wife transforming his skin zombie-like. He growled at his wife. The woman yelled and began to run out the door, but Michael close the door before she even got close to the door. He rapidly grabbed her neck and lifted her up. She wiggled and tried to kick him, but nothing worked. He tossed her outside the window of the two story house. The woman plummeted to her death. Michael jumped out the window and landed on his feet. He looked at his dead wife. He got his face close to his wife’s and breathed on her. His wife woke up, but this time there wasn’t pain. She woke up already like them.

 

Tom ran in another house cross the street from Michael’s house. He walked in a teenager’s room. He exhaled on him too while he was sleeping. The teen woke up and vomited on his floor. He looked up and saw Tom there. When he blinked Tom was gone. He held his stomach feeling pain like never before. The next thing, he was one of them. He walked across the house looking for people. He walked in his parent’s room finding his father and his mother. The teenager roared, waking them up.

“Mike, what are you doing in our room at his time of night?”

 

Mike leaped across the room onto the bed. He struck his father knocking him unconscious. His mother yelled in fear and jumped of the bed and ran into the hallway. She felt a gust of wind as she ran, then she saw Mike in front of her. He jumped on top of his mother and breathed on her. Next he went up the room and breathed on his father. Next the three ran out of the house.

 

After Liz went into Michael’s house, she went out into the house next door. She went in a bedroom and found two guys sleeping. She walked over to them making a creaking sound waking up one of the guys.

 

“Uh, who’s there? What the! Who the hell are you and what are you doing in our house? Brian wake up, there’s someone here.”

 

“What, Ryan. What are you talking about?” Brian looked up and saw Liz. “Who are you?”

 

Liz turned into her true form scaring the guys. Ryan got up and grabbed hold of his bat. He bravely went up to Liz when he swung his bat. Liz caught the bat and yanked it out of his hands. She shoved her hand through Ryan’s stomach. Blood began to drip from the wound. Liz pulled out her hand bringing along some of the guts. Brian shriek when he saw the wound. Liz advanced toward Brian. Brian scampered to the bathroom locking the door. He quickly opened a window and stuck his feet outside. He proceeded to get on top of the roof. He closed the window and looked for a way to the ground. Liz looked up on the ceiling trying to hear his footsteps. Once she heard them, she jumped across the ceiling onto the roof right behind Brian. Brian flinched and lost his balance. He rolled down the roof into the ground, but Liz caught his arm before he fell. She raised him face to face. She then breathed on him, then letting him go. Brian for a moment laid still, before getting up to his feet. Like the others he became one of Tom’s members.

 

Liz and Tom with the other recruited continued to recruit others for the battle. After they were done they had about 30 people.

 

The next day, there was a group of Tom’s recruits looking for more people during the day. They spot a church and decide to invade. Few go in the front door and other jumped on top of the roof. The priest is talking to his followers with everyone listening. Everyone turned around to see the front door slammed opened. The priest stopped talking. Everyone looked up on the ceiling as few jumped down from the glass roof. Glass shattered everyone, one landing on the priest head, instantly killing him. Everyone looked at the people attacking them. Once Tom’s recruits showed what they really look like, everyone screamed and ran every direction. The recruits jumped on whoever they could. One just ran out of the church and one of Tom’s recruits jumped on him. He push shoved his hand against the guy’s head until it was crushed flat blood pouring out. Two people ran in the restroom and hide there. Tom’s recruits had either recruited or killed the people at the church. When the two people came they saw a chaotic room filled with lifeless bodies.

 

David’s recruits’ were looking for people to take at night. They stumble across a party that is going on at the back of a house’s. David’s recruits’ fly over the party and flew towards them. Many land of their feet while others flew over people grabbing them by the head, hand, or torso. Once everyone at the party saw their friends being taken, they start scream and running franticly. Many of David’s recruits jumped at people landing in the pool. There they drown people and once dead they kissed them to recruit them. Once it was over both of Tom’s and David’s people went out looking for more.

 

Once both of them finished, they both had a large army.



© 2010 Rogelio Chavez


Author's Note

Rogelio Chavez
What do you think about this chapter?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting and actually sounds very similar to the book i am writing. Obviously i won't disclose too many of my own ideas, but i would say that overall your story has a lot of potential. Keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is not bad. After reading all chapters I do want to point out dialogue. In some spots it felt stiff and not real. (not all of your dialogue just a few spots throughout) My advice is just listen to those around you, take in how they speak and the actions and emotions they show with their words. Because everyone talks just a little different from everyone else. Other than that I noticed a few errors but I believe you will catch those on a rewrite. Overall a nice story is in progress here, a captivating tale. Keep up the hard work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


amazing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Chilling!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very good and rather scary. Like the way they recruit people.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I thought it was good

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010


Author

Rogelio Chavez
Rogelio Chavez

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I am a guy who like to write and read stories. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rogelio Chavez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Manda


Dear Love Dear Love

A Story by Manda