This writing has been deleted.
Where Does Your Happiness Lie?

Where Does Your Happiness Lie?

A Poem by WriterMe
"

What makes you happy?

"

Where does your happiness lie?

In a season? In a time? In a smile? In a friendship? Does getting or giving a hug make you happy? Does watching your favorite show make you happy? Does that someone make you happy? Does a kind gesture make you happy? Does watching something funny make you happy? Does a deep conversation with a complete stranger make you happy?

Where does your happiness lie?

What makes you smile that genuine, content smile? That you are so immersed in the emotion without a care in the world? What makes you want to spread your arms and run, because your so happy? What makes so happy that you kiss you annoying little brother? Or squeeze you irritating older sister?

Where does your happiness lie?

What makes you heart feel so light? What makes you feel like everything is going to be alright? That nothing bad can happen to you? What makes you feel so optimistic that you could just jump from the top of the Eiffel tower and still be sure you'd live?

Where does your happiness lie?

In a raindrop? In a flower? In a hot cup of coffee? In the warmth of an old sweater? In the comfort of you bed? In the joy of finishing a good book? In the fulfillment of a dream? In the end of a movie? In the start of a friendship? What makes you want to live another day? What makes you want to fly?

Where does your happiness lie?

In yourself? In you family? In your friends? In a walk? In a game? In a book? In a story? In a song?
Where does your happiness lie?

What makes you feel alive?

© 2009 WriterMe


Author's Note

WriterMe
Not exactly a poem. And once again I seem to be having a problem with conveying what I want to. Words seem to elude me these day. I can never express what I feel. Bah. Must be the exams.
Anyway, please tell me what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

there seems to be a classification or two missing on this web site, there should be one called 'rant' and one called 'musings' cause this is neither a poem nor a story.

lots of questions here for sure, good luck with the answers

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...I know that's a lame thing to say but I'm at a loss for words.

There are a lot of things in that piece that make me happy, but, like the good writer you are, it lead me to think...what makes me TRULY hapy.
The way you write is wonderfully emotional and unique and I can't stop reading your things, keep it up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this poem, it just has me thinking, where is my happiness? *thumbs up*

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thought provoking, I must say. The topic of happiness is very subjective, and often, I find myself wondering the very same things you talk about in this piece. Again, great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Words seem to elude you?
Well, I'm sure that is what any great writer would say. I certainly find that to be the case sometimes. Although, I ain't exactly what you would call a great writer.
The questions asked are certainly interesting. However, don't you think there are too many of them...? Some of them are pointless with regards to the other, more meaningful questions.

Posted 14 Years Ago


its really good :) really nice questions to. well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautiful yet intriguing, two words that make a great mix. Good job! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful! Perfect write, friend! I love a rhyme with questions and all, and I love a writer who can write as freely and lovely as when raindrops fall. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


really good... good questions you have put in your poem.. it made me wonder where my happiness lies.. nice one :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 20, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2009

Author

WriterMe
WriterMe

India



About
You know its funny how I have been on this site for nearly three years and never bothered to change the About me? And the funniest part if it all was how you read your before About me and smile at how.. more..

Writing
Closed Book Closed Book

A Poem by WriterMe


Inhibition Inhibition

A Story by WriterMe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just Breathe Just Breathe

A Story by Ashlee