Rage of the Fire

Rage of the Fire

A Chapter by DaydreamingAngel~
"

Leonora's hometown is burned before her eyes and her loved ones are slain...

"

I watched the scarlet flames burn up, like the eternal inferno of rage that resided in the depth of someone’s emotions. Smoke lifted off and threatened to choke me as it destroyed the place I grew up in. My only home, the crash of the building sickened me. As the shots were heard, the bullets screamed as they flew through the air. It did not matter who these people were, what did matter is that they were burning away my life and my memories. Tears filled my eyes, blurring my vision and threatening to pour down my cheeks, I did not want them to. I grit my teeth and attempt to blink them away, my thoughts of vengeance and survival helping to aim them, as they burned in my head like these unleashed flames, unstoppable, out of control. I did not want to seam weak and submissive. All the things I have ever loved in my insignificant life were being destroyed before me. The very fabric of reality was melting before me as I look back; the delicate nature of life had been shattered by this force of evil. Only the will to survive existed inside of me now. My eyes were stinging from trying to hold back those tears, and this hot and humid atmosphere makes it seemingly impossible to concentrate… The flames continued to destroy everything in their path and more bullets began to mock me with their laughing screeches, as they slayed townsfolk and demolished buildings…

 

“Why is this happening?” my thoughts screamed, raging and banging against my skull as if there was a war up there. All I knew was that I needed to get out of here… and fast. I ran as fast I could to escape the scorching hands of the flames as they tried to caress my feet.  Escape seemed impossible, but my thoughts of vengeance and survival beckoned to me, they were the only things keeping me going. If I wasn’t the person I am, I would not have these thoughts and I would be dead.  Even from a safe distance, watching from afar, the evil was no less diabolical, the strong scent of smoke still seemed to harass all your senses and your eyes were forced to watch people being slain against their will, blood gushing and screams filling the air. Hate and anger brewed inside me. What have we done to deserve this? A strong gust of wind blew over the rapid flames and they got to work even quicker and stronger than ever before. Most of town had already been burned to a pulp, barely even leaving traces of ruin and only the souls and the ashes of the townsfolk was what remained of them. Never had I felt so enraged, so intimidated. Evil is something that should be rid of this world once and for all, but it is too late for anything to happen now. I have accepted the fact that the town is gone forever, and even if I am not killed, I will be enslaved…


Before the attack, it seemed like your typical day, everyone in town just minding their own business, when suddenly rumbling of bombs and the swishing of helicopters. Shady looking men, all looking about “5.9” jumped out of the helicopters, massive guns in their hands. Some of these men stayed inside the helicopters, launching bombs and missiles, smirking and laughing all the while, like the villains you only see in video games and fantasies.  With them was a taller even more evil looking figure of about “7.0” and he was yelling to the men things like “Fire at will.” Fear shot my heart like a bow and arrow, a look of horror in my eyes. I knew I had to get away now and question this sort of thing later. Bombs exploded with ear splitting explosion, guns being fired rapidly, non- stop. The residents of town were slain brutally with no remorse my family and I stayed close together in hope that we would not die… The men shot my parents and then began to lock onto me, to take my life next. I ran as fast as I could to escape the men, well attempting to evade the flames that burned on the ground continuously.  Although I did escape the guns, I had to sacrifice myself to the flames, and they burned away a lot of my clothes until they looked like they had been ripped….


All hope is clouded over now, as if they knew about my thoughts to avenge my parents and friends and had stolen them away from me along with my will to survive. The photo album of the past begins to flash before me…  I can remember golden summers with the glorious sun, my beach days evolving from family picnics with cones of vanilla ice cream to wild beach parties with my friends as I grew older. I can vividly remember Christmases of me and my family gathered round the fireplace sharing stories of the years while drinking mugs of hot chocolate, my own hot chocolate piled with whipped cream and marshmallows. Pictures of my mother flash before me, of how beautiful she was with her flowing raven black hair and her sapphire eyes. She was always such a calm and Zen person, just her smile and her angel like voice could sooth even the angriest of souls.  She had encouraged and aided me through thick and thin, guiding me down the path of a peaceful and happy life. That kind of person is who I need right now, but I know very well that it would be impossible to run into anyone not evil now. Even if I was to find someone to aid me, they just would not have the same effect as my mother… And farther… with his cheeky grin and coffee coloured skin, he was always the person to look to when you needed a laugh, a boost in optimism. Remembering the faces of my fallen family only made the state I was in worse…  My personality may have been strong, but really I am weak and defenseless, there really is nothing I can do to avenge my friends and family now…


Confusion of why they have destroyed my place of residence haunted me. What I do know is that there is nothing left to hold onto now, not even my dreams. There is no hope of living, there is only survival. My will is gone, everything is gone. Let them enslave me if they want, I don't give a damn. Why do they confine me this rock of existence? I almost long for the flames which had rose up into the sky like birds; at least they were alive then. I am all that is left in this town they have burnt it all, my mind and my soul. Gone, it's all gone. I was a fool to let myself live, suffering through knowing you only have survival, yet no will to keep the dream alive is worse than death ever could be. I see the faces of my fallen family... I am angered by this evil.  I always used to have a belief that the justice of good would always overcome the dark face of evil, even in the toughest of times.  Why was that not so for me and everyone I ever knew and loved in this case?  I clench my fists in fury, evil sickens me but there is nothing I can do about it. Even in the very beginning, before the town disappeared, overcoming them would be impossible. Suddenly, voices yell to me in my head. This is a common occurrence. It is like a conversation between my many personalities.


“You’re so pathetic. A chance to show the world and you let it slip through your fingers like water? I pity you. Both of us know you can do more than fight back tears and escape flames.” One of them said a cold harsh tone in her voice. A urge to yell at this voice to shut up itches inside of me, as I am feeling intimidated by my own thoughts.


“It’s not your fault. Everything will be okay. It may mean submitting to the forces of evil as a slave, but at least you’ll be safe...” another whispers. I know very well that this is what is going to happen to me, this is my fate. Forever I will now be doing the bidding of evil, wrapped around the finger of darkness. I fear for what they may do with me, especially since they are male and I am female. With a firm slap, I try to slap that thought out of my head. Let it be, what happens while I am under their control happens.  Nothing I can do will change that. To such power, anything I say is insignificant…

The last men climb into their helicopters, shaking each others hands and getting ready to fly back. But before these villains fly off, the tall man climbs out and walks towards me. He smirks and punches me. Lights are fading; darkness begins to surround me, as I begin to loose consciousness….



© 2012 DaydreamingAngel~


Author's Note

DaydreamingAngel~
If you must criticize, please make it constructive criticism please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: fire, destruction, evil, slain


Author

DaydreamingAngel~
DaydreamingAngel~

United Kingdom



About
I am a kind and polite girl and many others say I have a vivid imagtion and that I am a great writer. I like cute things, writing stories, reading stories, Sonic, Mario, Pokemon, anime, managa, lolita.. more..

Writing