Friday’s Curse

Friday’s Curse

A Story by Vegota

Friday’s Curse


 

One day, on Friday the 13th, there was a small family living in a small town.

The mother, Caren. The father, Krieg. The son, Cory. And the daughter, Shelia.

“We’re off to school now.” Said Cory to his parents.

“Ok, we’ll be home late tonight.” His parents yelled back.

Then Cory and Shelia went off to school.

When they got there Cory went over to his friends who were talking about a scary party after school.

“I’m totally going to the party after school I hear it’s really scary and they have real mummies.” One of them said.

“Well I heard that they have fruit punch made with real blood and skeleton bones as silverware.” Another said.

“So are you going to be there too, Cory?” The first one asked.

“Umm……Yeah I’ll definitely be there.” Cory said nervously.

“Good and remember to stay away from black cats and ladders or you might end up with bad luck before the party starts.” His friends teased.

“I’ll try my best to stay away from them.” He responded.

All day everyone was talking about how amazing the party was going to be after school until Cory remembered something.

“Oh that’s right! I forgot about my sister! She is horrified of anything weird. She’ll probably make me stay with her all day until our parents come home because she’s so scared of Friday the 13th thinking she’s going to get cursed with bad luck.” Cory said faithfully.

“Oh I guess you can’t come to the party then. Sucks for you I hear it’s supposed to be a great party.” Someone sitting behind him said.

Later that day while Cory and Shelia were walking home.

“Hey Cory, did you hear about that scary party everyone’s going to?” Shelia asked.

“Yeah, my friends were talking about it all day. Why? Do you want to go?” He asked puzzled.

“Oh no, I am terrified of those sorts of things you know that! Besides, it’s too far for us to walk even if I did want to go we’d need mother and father to drive us there and there’s no way they will say yes.” She answered worriedly.

They continued their conversation when they heard an explosion across the road.

“Whoa, what was that?” Cory asked.

“I have no clue let’s go check it out.” Shelia responded.

They both walked across the street to an animal shelter where the explosion came from.

They walked to the back of the animal shelter and saw a man on the ground bleeding.

“Oh my gosh, are you ok Mr.?” They both asked.

He didn’t move.

“I think he’s dead.” Cory said frightened.

“I wonder what could have caused this” Shelia said while looking around the room.

“Hey look. A ladder by the door. Maybe he walked through it and got cursed and that generator over there exploded because of his bad luck.” Cory joked.

“Don’t say that! Stop trying to scare me Cory.” Shelia replied alarmed.

While they’re talking a fully grown black cat and two baby black cats sneak into their book bags.

“Ok let’s just get our book bags and go home before something else happens. We should go through the front door too, so people don’t think we broke in and killed him.” Cory said reassuringly.

“Ok let’s go.” Shelia replied shaking.

They walked home and opened their book bags to start their homework.

“Cory there’s a cat in my book bag!” Shelia screamed.

“There are cats in mine too, and not just any cats, black cats. This is bad! Now we’re cursed with bad luck for the rest of the day!” Cory replied panicked.

Both of them took the cats and rushed back to the animal shelter.

When they got there they realized something.

“Cory.” Shelia said nervously.

“Yes Shelia?” He responded curiously.

“We walked through the door leaving right?” Shelia asked.

“Yes, we did. Why?” Cory asked fearfully.

“That means we walked through the ladder.” Shelia said in tears.

“Which means we have even more bad luck!” Cory said in tears as well.

The two head back home to see if their parents are home yet.

“Mom, dad. Are you there?” They yelled.

No one answered.

“Why don’t we call mother and see what time she’s coming home.” Cory suggested.

They called their mother.

In the middle of the call the phone started breaking up then someone else started talking.

“YOU…” The voice said ominously.

“YOU ARE THE ONLY KIDS IN TOWN NOT AT THE PARTY. WHY AREN’T YOU THERE?!” The voice said menacingly.

Cory hangs up the phone.

“That...Was scary…” Shelia gasped.

“Indeed…” Cory said.

All the lights in the house went off.

The ominous voice returns.

“WHY AREN’T YOU AT THE PARTY!” The voice screams.

Cory and Shelia run out of the house.

“Cory, I think we might really be cursed with bad luck.” She said frightened.

“That’s impossible, there’s no such thing as a curse.” He said convincingly.

The two ran to the library and found a book on curses.

“The only way to get rid of a curse is to find a four leafed clover.” The book said.

“Ok, let’s go find a four leafed clover.” Cory said.

“We can’t doofus, they don’t exist.” Shelia said sadly.

“Well we have to at least look!” Cory pleaded.

“Fine.” Shelia sighed.

While they were looking they stumbled into the building where the party is being held.

“Hey look! The party is inside that house.” Cory commented.

“We should go in and see if we can find help to find a four leaf clover.” Cory suggested.

“Ok.” Shelia agreed.

They walked inside to see no one there. Only a bed of clovers.

“Hey look a bed of clovers. We can start searching now I guess.” Cory said half-jokingly.

The two of them began searching for a four leafed clover.

Four minutes later Cory finds one.

“Hey, I found one.” Cory said excitedly.

“Great now the curse is broken.” Shelia said happily.

They walked home to see their parents were there.

“Hey kids. How was your day?” Their mother said.

“It was…interesting.” They said together.

And thus the problem was solved. The End.

© 2016 Vegota


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on September 15, 2016
Last Updated on September 15, 2016