Apocalyptic Origin

Apocalyptic Origin

A Story by Vegota
"

A story that takes place a few hundred years in the future. Post apocalyptic mayhem causes one boy to rethink his life choices to see if he made the right ones. The tragic story of a boy.

"

Apocalyptic Origin

Prologue

“This is the only way I can let my story be known. All the twists and turns ups and downs my life has went through because of one stupid decision. Which is what caused this mess in the first place. It all goes back, a few million years ago. Back when the world was a better place. Follow me, to see the errors of my past. To see, the origin of the apocalypse. And maybe you can decide which path I should have taken.”



Table of Contents

 

The Day      1











The Day            1

There came a day when something odd happened. There aren’t many people that still remember it, most of the witnesses are dead now. But my aunt tells me stories about what happened sometimes. A lot of people get scared when they hear her stories, but I don’t. A lot of people in the town can’t help but to look at me with cold, distant looks as if I’m some sort of monster they’re keeping at arm’s length in case I attack. A lot of people fear me because of what happened the day I was born. February 29th, 2900. People believe that day to be just as bad as, or even worse than, September 11th, 2001. Some even went so far as to believe it was beginning of the end of the world. But Aunt Claire knew better. She did her absolute best to keep me alive on that day. Unfortunately, my parents didn’t survive. The story of what happened has changed now and again, but Aunt Claire can remember it perfectly as if it was yesterday but it was, in fact, 9 years ago. February 29th, 2900. A leap day that comes every four years. I guess the people that believe the leap day is a sign of bad luck weren’t entirely off. On that day, a catastrophic event unfolded. It was early in the morning when I was born. Not many people were awake at first. But that only lasted a few seconds. Up in the air miles above the town coming crashing down was the largest meteor ever recorded in human history. And judging by the angle, it was headed right for the town. My father looked outside wondering what was causing all the noise and looked up to see the meteor headed straight for us. Unfortunately, before he could even think about moving out of the way, I decided it was time to come out. My father was mere moments away from opening his mouth to suggest we move when my mother cried out in agony. As soon as he saw her he knew better than to think we’d be able to move in time. Everyone in the house gathered together to figure out what to do. It was decided that everyone would stay and protect the baby being born. The meteor gained speed and crashed into the end of town. It ended up making a path of destruction throughout the entire town, killing a lot of people. My family all stayed to try to protect my mother as she was giving birth. Putting up barricades in the front yard, reinforcing walls, they tried everything they could think of and in the end, gave up their lives. After coming out my mother decided she would give her life to protect me and tried to push the meteor back before It hit me. She ended up dying with the rest of my family. I don’t know if my mother’s dying breath was the cause or if it was a miracle. But somehow, the meteor stopped right before hitting me. Up on a hill at the back of the town, the only things you could hear were the roar of the fire, and the wails of a baby with no family left. After the meteor hit the city the people lucky enough to get away in time went back looking for survivors. After an hour of searching they finally decided to check out our house. It took at least 30 minutes for any of them to figure out how to get past the massive wall of fire surrounding our house. Once they got past the flames, one of them heard the faint cry of a baby coming from the house. They all crowded into the house looking for the baby. Then something bizarre happened. The meteor started rolling in my direction. Well, not so much rolling, more like it was inching its way forward in my direction. It was almost as if it was alive. After noticing the meteor started moving the people went in the direction it was going and eventually found me. But that isn’t even the strangest part. They tried to pick me up but it was as if the ground was pulling on me willing me not to go. Everyone tried their hardest to pick me up but no one could. But it gets stranger still. The meteor was a few feet away from me by the time everyone collapsed from the exhaustion of trying to pick me up. It kept going until it touched me. The second it did the meteor shattered to the ground causing the walls to collapse. Everyone inside the house ran out of the house as fast as they could, forgetting about me. A few people stopped to look at what had come out of the meteor. And after seeing that started running even faster. A woman that looked to be in her early 20s was floating in the air.



© 2018 Vegota


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on June 24, 2018
Tags: Futuristic, Horror, Pre-Apocalypse, Apocalypse, Demons