The Coincidental Chance

The Coincidental Chance

A Story by Vegota

The

Coincidental

Chance

 

 


 

 

 


 

There was a small village in the middle of a group of mountains.

It didn’t have access to trade with other villages because it was secluded between four great mountains. 

To get out of the village there were only three ways.

Climbing one of the mountains, which took 10 days to get to the top and another 5 to get to the other side, get a boat and ride down one of the two rivers with hundreds of rocks in it, or travel in the underground tunnel under one of the mountains that leads to the middle of another village.

The tunnel is used as a trash hole in the other village.

Everyone in the village thought that trying to leave the village was a horrific idea so the village elders made it illegal to ever leave the village and once you came in the village you can’t leave.

Tall trees surrounded the village so most travelers just went around the village not knowing it was there but one day a traveler interested in researching the tall trees went strait into the forest.

After days of going around getting samples and collecting data he ran into the village.

When he got there he was instantly intrigued for he did not know there was a village in the forest. He walked up to the gate and knocks on the little door.

He waited for a few minutes for someone to answer but no one did. So he decided to set up a camp and wait until morning.

While he slept one of the villagers looked over the wall of the gate and saw him sleeping in a tent. The villager instantly ran to the village elders to tell them what he has seen.

“Village elders! Village elders! There’s trouble outside the gate!” The villager screamed as he ran into the village elders hut.

Inside the elders were enjoying some tea when suddenly the villager burst in. “What is it? We’re trying to enjoy our tea!” One of the elders asked.

“Oh it’s horrible! Terrible! Worse than you could ever imagine in your entire lives!” The villager sobbed.

“What is it? What is it?” The elders said intrigued.

“There is a traveler in a tent outside the gate!” The villager said afraid of what the elders would say.

He waited and waited for them to say something until finally the three of them started laughing simultaneously.

“Ahahahahahahahahaahah! That’s the funniest thing we’ve heard all day! There’s no way some random traveler found our village in the middle of these mountains no one would be dumb enough to walk up here by them self!” The village elders said while continuously laughing.

“I guess we’ll just have to go look at this traveler at our gate then.” One of the elders said.

The village elders went to the gate and looked down at where the villager said he saw the traveler.

“What traveler?” The village elders questioned.

“I swear he was right here a few minutes ago.” The villager said puzzled.

The villager started looking around frantically wondering where the traveler went.

What the villager and the elders didn’t know is that the traveler had waken up as soon as the villager saw his tent and packed up and went back to researching.

The traveler was currently on the other side of the village gate.

“Well if you’re done wasting our time, we’d like to get back before our tea is cold.” One of the elders said annoyed.

The village elders walked back to their hut.

Meanwhile the traveler was climbing the back part of the gate to get into the village.

When he had reached the other side he jumped down and looked around.

He was amazed. He saw huts in rows and a water hole in the middle of the village.

He started to walk toward the water hole in the middle of the village when a villager ran out of their house toward him holding a torch.

“Get out of here! Shoo! Shoo!” The villager was screaming.

At first the traveler didn’t notice but then he saw the light from the torch reflecting on the water and instantly turned around.

He grabbed a metal rod out of his bag and was ready to defend himself.

When the villager saw the light shine off of the rod she started to back away.

When the traveler saw this he apologized for scaring her and asked her what she was doing.

“I’m here to get rid of you before it’s too late.” She answered shyly.

“Too late for what?” He asked puzzled.

At the same moment the village elders rushed out of their tent and looked at the traveler.

“Haha I told you there was a traveler village elders.” The villager from before said.

One of the village elders gave him a furious look and he ran away frightened.

“Why have you come to this village?” The first village elder said.

“I mean you no harm I simply came to study the forest up here and wandered into your village.” The traveler spoke calmly.

“Then why do you have that shiny weapon in your hand?” The second village elder questioned.

The traveler looked at it and put it back in his bag.

“Sorry I thought that she was going to attack me with that torch so I had to defend myself.” The traveler said pointing at the villager that attacked him.

The village elder looked at the villager in question and asked her if she tried to attack him with a torch.

“No I brought the torch with me because it’s dark out here and I couldn’t see who it was.” She lied.

“But it’s barely dark out here.” The first village elder said.

“My eye sight isn’t very strong when the sun isn’t all the way up so it looks really dark for me.” She responded.

“Ok you wont get punished.” The third village elder said.

“But that doesn’t explain why you’re here.” The second village elder said to the traveler.

“I already told you Sir, I’m here to research the trees.” The villager calmly answered.

“Honestly it’s quite coincidental that there’s even a village up here. You must be cut off from the cities on the other side of the mountains.” The traveler thought out loud.

“Cities? What is this thing you call a City?” The village elders questioned.

“A city. You know, like your village but more modern.” The traveler answered questioningly.

“You don’t know what a city is?” The traveler asked.

“No, we do not.” The first village elder replied.

“Huh, a city. I wonder what it’s like.” The second village elder said.

“Indeed I wonder if they have two water holes now that would be fancy.” The third village elder said daydreaming.

“What is your name, boy?” The first village elder asked the traveler.
“My name is Tony.” He responded.

“Tony, would you please stay and teach us your city ways?” The second and third village elders pleaded.

Tony thought for a moment for this decision could impact the village in a good or bad way.

“Ok, I’ll do it.” Tony agreed.

“Ok you can start right now.” The village elders said excitedly.

For the next few months tony helped the villagers become more modern.

They build houses and a church and started practicing all kinds of religions.

After a while they even build a train that went over the mountains to the other cities.

They were all thankful that Tony had chosen to help them for without him they would be living the same life for a long long time.  The End.

© 2016 Vegota


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 22, 2016