Elizabeth's Diary pg. 25, Dec 8, 1996

Elizabeth's Diary pg. 25, Dec 8, 1996

A Chapter by Robin
"

Single page taken from a rather lengthy diary.

"
--promise, but apparently I'm just not as convinced as you are. I've only seen the girl's condition worsen. Last night was the sixth night she's woken up the wing with her night terrors. I apologize, but I maintain that she's just not fit for this facility, James.

I'm telling you, either you're blind, or you have something against her. She's shown nothing if not improvement. You must remember her first week, right? Even if you don't, the staff won't be forgetting anytime soon. She's gotten better. And for god's sake director, I'm a doctor, I'd appreciate being refereed to as such.

Yes, yes, I apologize, but be that as it may you must understand my position here. She's a significant disturbance to the other patients. From where I stand, she's only made that more clear by the day.

Have you even read any of my reports? Before admission the girl barely spoke at all, and in the past week there hasn't been a single outburst from her while in my care. Progress is being made Director! You can't take this away from me!

James -- I'm sorry, Doctor Corenthal, if I remember correctly this isn't the first time we've had to discuss your attachment to your patients. In this field there's only so much you're able to control, you of all people should know this.

Suddenly Doctor C. slammed his fist down onto the table. It startled me, and I gasped. My heart beat out of my chest, and I ran from the doorway. They noticed me. I dashed down the hall, running past nurses, patients and many empty rooms. The people rushing past all looked down at me grimacing. Were they always this mean? Through the stares of the nurses in their white coats, I saw the same anger the Director had for me. They hate me. Their faces turned to frowns, then to snarls as I sprinted past. They yelled after me, barking words that sent me to tears. The walls started to spin around me, and I threw myself to the door of my room. I scrambled in and slammed the door behind me. I waited, curled up in my cot. No one came for me.

I woke up minutes ago sick to my stomach. Doctor C. gave me so much hope. He said I was better. He said he was going to keep me safe. He told me I could trust him. I don't understand. Why do they hate me? Why can't I stay here? Why were they talking about night terrors? Why did he lie to--


© 2022 Robin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 23, 2022
Last Updated on April 24, 2022
Tags: horror, psycological, Corenthal, diary


Author

Robin
Robin

IL



Writing
The Follower The Follower

A Story by Robin