Leveled ground

Leveled ground

A Chapter by YellowFre
"

The first chapter

"

The mists were just breaking up in the morning sun, a sleek craft crusing through them helped to separate them further. The dark forest below were just shaking off her virgin snow which had settled upon her like a soft white blanket. Inside, small critters that were not hibernating were starting to roam about, trying to use the heat of the sun to their best advantage.

 

However, this was lost to the pilot as he looked toward the inert shape that lay beside him in the co-pilot's seat. Thus much, it was also her beauty that attracted his attention for one so young, however, if he did not get her back soon.. Her life was fading and he knew it.

 

Much to his surprise, her eyelids fluttered she blinked as she tried to focus. She looked at him, then saw his insignia sewn upon his jacket.

 

Again, another surprise as she lunged towards him with amazing speed for someone who was hit rather hard. However, in her current condition, she was no match for him and with a swift push of his arm, she was thrown backwards back into her seat.

 

There, she struggled for a moment, then sank back into it, her head lolling towards one side as she fainted from overexertion.

 

"Den do you read?" he spoke into the mike of his headset. Tapping into the secure frequency that only members of his fraction knew.

 

A short buzz, "Den here."

 

"Get a medic down to the landing bay, we got a situation here."

 

"Aye, over and out Snowwolf."

 

He glanced at her. Despite the short and rather disastrous first interaction, he still felt... a connection of something same of which that was his within her.

 

"By the way, Mother wants to know if that is one of ours." the radio crackled.

 

"No." he said, looking at the girl.

 

And he continued looking at the shape.



© 2008 YellowFre


Author's Note

YellowFre
Pls review! :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. i love how you wrote that first paragraph with such details and imagination! it was amazingly descriptive, i loved!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Raj
Short and sweet.

One suggestion though,

"a connection of something same of which that was his within her."

this particular sentence carries a lot of weight in the whole story. You can simplify it, if possible.

Raj


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2008


Author

YellowFre
YellowFre

About
Eh, i love writing, as much as you are. Currently, im working on Tutious but my posting will be limited as i do not have much time to type it out on the computer compared to writing with the paper and.. more..

Writing
Shards Shards

A Book by YellowFre


Idea Idea

A Chapter by YellowFre


Singurd Singurd

A Story by YellowFre