What Happens Next?

What Happens Next?

A Chapter by Y.Badr El Din

A two beat rhythm started to occur, and it seemed to be getting faster. A sort of drumming sound came out of my heart, bang, bang. Bang, bang. My heart continued to beat seamlessly almost like that moment of release. Bang, bang. Bang, bang.

They suddenly stopped, these infamous reptilians, they left that worthless women and progressed to come in my direction.

I remained in my position.

They came forth at the last step and turned. I stood up, so they turned again to face me. This time they had a weapon in there claws, they came running towards me, screeching there weapons against the wall.

The women shouted, I shouted, the three men shouted and everything came to a standstill. It was a weird moment as if we were all from different tribes.

I've noticed a metal pole on the floor, I had an epiphany, the metal pole turned out to be rubber, and then I heard a man shout '"CUT"! 

Various lights came on, lots of men came out of nowhere and soon I was surrounded by lots of people who claim that I have wasted a lot of money. They all were confused on how I was there without any one realising.

Even I do not know how... The last thing I remember was that I was walking in the night and I heard the women in need of help... Where am I? 

I was standing there for a long time. Well I thought I was. It was only a second or two. But with everyone staring and targeting you well, time seems to pause.

Throughout the years a voice will echo and destiny will follow, but now, I shall be interrogated by the dark forces that surround me.

Slowly I found them approaching me, I was scared, weird costumes of cartoon characters and people with signs saying, 'free hugs' attached to their chest were walking towards me. It was an awkward moment, but I stood there, hands in the air and one eye closed (I wanted to see what was happening but I was too scared so I shut one eye) so I remained still. No one seemed to be talking; only the one at the back of this mob stood still and went in the opposite direction.

I shouted "CUT!" just to see what would happen, but funny enough, everything stopped and the lights suddenly went out. I thought that it was a sign form the gods.

But it turned out to be that there was a power cut throughout the whole street.

But still I would like to think that it was me that made the lights go out, well it almost suited the situation and gave me a moment of settlement, as the mob were all nervous I quickly, ingeniously, nervously as any person in my shoes would do, I ran, I ran so quickly to the highest point and waited for the light to go back on.

At the top of this warehouse I stayed, then slowly the light came on in a canon formation, I watched them rats below scatter in order to find out what was happening. I laughed, I laughed until my knees became weak, and one of these rats spotted me. I did not move as I was on the floor. 

But I noticed a sound that hurt my ears. They called it the police; I called it the sound that made my ears hurt. So they came and I to quickly scattered, I came out of the shadows and leaped two metres to save my life, and soon I was cleared from these infuriating people.

I encountered someone who knew my name. She did not speak much. She had a card. She gave it to me and then as I looked up to talk to her she was gone. I had a mission to find her.

 

 

 



© 2010 Y.Badr El Din


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the read. very strange, imaginative (Y) keep at it.
I want to read chapter 4 =P

Posted 13 Years Ago


thanks guys! really helped. the forth is coming soon!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The pace is good and it is very descriptive. These tend to work well with each other. Good chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very odd, like some kind of weird nightmarish dream. At first you are led to believe that the narrator is stuck in a perilous prehistoric situation, and then it seems to be revealed that he/she has accidentally wandered onto a film set somehow.. from sleepwalking perhaps.. But then the ensuing action seems to rejoin the dream-like thread and becomes bizarre and almost illogical with no real reason for the actions and reactions that occur. Then it ends with a mysterious female who seems to come out of nowhere and disappear back there just as a quickly and with just as little motivation. All very confusing and aimless, just exactly like a dream.. If this was the intention then it worked.
Odd. I can't think of anything else to say about it other than that because I neither liked it nor disliked it - nor understood it.
I liked this poetic interlude...
"Throughout the years a voice will echo and destiny will follow, but now, I shall be interrogated by the dark forces that surround me."
Though as to its purpose or the bearing it has upon events I simply could not tell. Perhaps it's a thickly-veiled clue...

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2010
Last Updated on May 31, 2010



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..