Expression

Expression

A Poem by Peter Zaelio

I have a hard time talking for real about a lot of things.
In that way we're opposites, one of the only differences between us.
Even as I lay down next to you my heart races and my mind wanders.
So I speak now the truth of myself, mind, heart, and soul. Spoken as accurately as I know how,
each word carefully selected, written down and folded up on rice paper, and tucked inside my heart.
I love you;
life's way too short not to say it everything I think it.
You look at me and often ask, "what?"
My response never varies from "nothing."
With a smile on my face.
But in that one word and that single expression,
I want to say it all.
"You're amazing"
"You're beautiful"
"You're intrigue itself"
"You're sexy"
"You're addicting"
"You're earnest"
"I want you"
"You're perfection"
"I love you".

You aren't perfect, no one is, least of all me.
But I know, that you are perfection in the sense that every moment I spend with you feels like it should last forever.
The only reason I want it to end is because of the sheer anticipation of yet another perfect moment.
The moment isn't the most spectacular, hell, it may be utterly mundane, but in that moment,
in that one little slice of heaven,
that one iota of perfection, everything feels right,
everything feels...simple.
The worries and the pressures seem to float away,
the stress stops and you provide the antidote to the toxic voices in my head.
You became my clarity.
I know this is a little much, and for that I apologize,
but waking up and the first thought I have as I stare at your gorgeous back is, "I love this woman" is something that is perfect.
I'm laying down with you and can't help but be happy.

© 2016 Peter Zaelio


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

-- for a reader like me, this is a very moving, magical and sensitive expression of love... -- i really like the way you've described what perfect moments are like... -- it's inspiring for me to read about how a series of precious moments exists even within the imperfect life most of us live... -- it's nice to notice them in this post and then remember the ones in my own life...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You've described this kind of love as well as I've ever heard it expressed. Nice touch to start out blathering about your inability to express yourself, then launch into a most amazingly expressed description of how love feels. I say "this kind of love" becuz this piece is primarily about how it all FEELS. To me, there's much more to love. If a man was looking at me & wanting to express his love, I would hope to hear as much about me as a person, than me as an idolized object. Just sayin' . . . I usually start to yawn when people describe love or their beloved as "perfect", but I have to say, I perked up when I got to the part where you described what you meant by perfection. Now THAT was the saving grace of this message for me. That was very well written & thoughtful & true, about the feeling of being immersed in the pure joy of another person's company. So there ya have it. Pure physical love. Ah, to be young again.

Posted 8 Years Ago


It was like i could feel every word i love the words chosen and yet there are no words that i can say astounding

Posted 8 Years Ago


-- for a reader like me, this is a very moving, magical and sensitive expression of love... -- i really like the way you've described what perfect moments are like... -- it's inspiring for me to read about how a series of precious moments exists even within the imperfect life most of us live... -- it's nice to notice them in this post and then remember the ones in my own life...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on February 20, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..