Love

Love

A Poem by zion
"

This isn't your average love poem! a thought came to me: what would you say to love if it were a person? So my brain came up with this.

"
        Love


      Love, you are quite the con; you have left me to sing you this swan song.
     Choosing fight or flight, how can you say you’re kind and you’re just right?
     Love, you fiend, you cad, thanks to you, my sweet life has gone bad..
   
 Peel away from the guilt and pain, no matter how I want you again,
           Try to understand, why I recommend, a lonely---- life.

Love, you trickster, your sick! I fall deeply, almost to quick; in the end you tear out my heart, should have called it quits from the start.
  From the beginning you killed me, don’t get me wrong, I know what it could be, you call it life, fate, my words to you, I’m done, it is too late!

© 2010 zion


Author's Note

zion
Please, tell me what you think, because love can sometimes be very nasty ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i likes it, personification of intangible concepts is always fun. nice energy too, would have liked to heard the other side of the conversation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


awesome. Its just a great piece. Keep at it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


love can be quite the con,especially when one person loves more than the other...or one doesn't even love at all and pretends to.
This poem reminds me of a quote I read a long time ago that i will never forget although i doubt i remember it correctly: Love is a desolate road, its victims bones, scattered on the wayside.
kinda implies when we love someone always gets hurt

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this expression, but I feel that love does have a face, and it is held in the eyes of the beholder. I don't think love is the nasty in this equation, but rather the fall guy...Sometimes people give love a bad name...

Great Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


In totally agree. I have older cousins who have told me all about their failed relationships and how they swore they would never fall in live again but end up just the way they were before. If you understand what I'm saying. All in all I really like this poem. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a cool idea, writing a poem adressing love as a person, and very unique! I like the writing style, and, though not so eloquently, this is pretty much what would I would say to Love. Nice write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I always love personifing emotions like this and you did an excellent job with it :)
I also think it's great how you focused on the hurt love can give us, but backed it with how we all want it, instead of just love in general.
Great job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very true. The second last stanza. Perfect!

Posted 13 Years Ago


no this is awesome! keep up the good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Love, you trickster, your sick! I fall deeply, almost to quick; in the end you tear out my heart, should have called it quits from the start."
I like the logic of this poem. Love can mess up a life and sometime we can't get repaired. I like the ending to the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on November 29, 2010

Author

zion
zion

Writing
The Care Giver The Care Giver

A Poem by zion


The Cowboy The Cowboy

A Poem by zion


Hate Hate

A Poem by zion



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..