2.  B++b Job?

2. B++b Job?

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

Ian and Chrissy get to know each other better.

"

Ian set his brush down and scooted his stool back away from the canvas. “That's it!” he announced with a smile, “It's done! I thought it was going to take at least one more sitting, but I was wrong.” He looked at Chrissy, the young woman he had hired to pose for him and said, “You can move now. I'm done.”


“It's about time!” she muttered sullenly as she moved and stretched, “It's been thirty minutes since my last break. It's not easy holding perfectly still like that for so long, you know!”


“I lose track of the time when I'm working,” he explained, “You should've said something.”


“You seemed really focused. I didn't want to disturb you.”


The painting had only taken two sessions. Ian had gotten the idea for it when the strange woman that was standing in front of him had shown up at his studio to peruse his paintings one day. He had practically begged her to pose for him! She was looking at one of his paintings with such a discerning eye that she reminded him of an art critic in a fancy, big city gallery, except for the way she was dressed! She wore torn black jeans, black work boots and a white, wife-beater over a black bra. Her short black hair was uncombed and her arms and shoulders were covered in tattoos. He painted her holding a bottle of beer in her hand. A child of the streets, out of place in a high class joint.


“Come look at it and tell me what you think,” he said.


She stood behind him and stared at it for a very long time before she finally said, “You gave me b***s!”


He wasn't sure he heard her right. “What?!”


“You gave me b***s!” she repeated.


It was the last thing he expected her to say!  Had he inadvertently  enhanced her breasts without realizing it?  He wasn't sure how to respond. Finally he gestured toward the painting and said, “You're a woman. Women have b***s.”


“I don't!”


He swiveled around to face her. His vantage point from his stool put him at eye level with her chest. He had to admit, there wasn't much there, but still... “Yes you do,” he nodded at her breasts.


“Not like those!” she pointed at the painting.


“Jesus Christ! Do you want me to paint over them?!” he asked with exasperation.


She stared at the painting for several seconds before replying, “No. Leave it like it is.”


Thank you!” he said sarcastically. He grabbed his brushes and got up to walk to the counter and his jar of turpentine. “Other than the b***s, what do you think of it?” he asked with annoyance as he cleaned out his brushes.


She stared for several minutes. Finally, after what seemed like forever she said, “I like it. I especially like my face. You gave me an attitude.”


“I didn't give you any attitude! You brought it with you!” he said acidly.


That made her smile faintly. It was the first time he'd ever seen her smile. He decided it made her look pretty. He smiled back and walked over and stood beside her to look at it together.


“It is good,” he said, “The best one I've done in years - maybe ever! I'm going to call it 'The Critic'.” He dug into his pocket and pulled out some bills. “Here,” he said, handing them to her, “It's not much, I'm afraid. I really appreciate you posing for me, though.”


She took the money and stuffed it in her pocket. “Sure,” she replied. She reached for her motorcycle helmet and started toward the door. “See ya,” she said.


“Uh... Wait!” he said abruptly.


She turned to look at him.


“Um...I know we're done with the painting and all... but...” he stammered, “I thought... you know... if you wanted to come over and just hang out, I... I'd like the company. I have wi-fi, so you could bring your computer if you have one. You can come over anytime you want... you know... if you want a quiet place to relax.” He couldn't meet her eyes. He immediately felt stupid. She probably got the wrong idea and thought he was hitting on her. She looked at him for a long time.


“Maybe,” she finally said with a shrug. She turned and left. A few seconds later he heard her motorcycle start up and drive off.


Why did he do that?! He felt so stupid! He barely knew her! Was his life so lonely that he would invite a sullen and moody woman his daughter's age that he barely knew to hang out at his studio? He was sure she must've thought he was hitting on her. How embarrassing! God! What a loser!


Was he hitting on her?



© 2012 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
I think it might be a little rough around the edges and would appreciate pointers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I draw time to time, so I laughed when Ian enhanced Chrissy's b***s. I do that with women and dropping their neck folds, or accidentally slimming them down. They bring it up the same way Chrissy does, and often react the same way - so props for realism in your dialogue and action. Love the line about her bringing her attitude with her, too.

There's some repeated information coming from the first chapter and I feel like the use of exclamation points makes Ian over-reactive in a few places. Not much to clean up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Yes, I'm bad about exclamation points. You're not the first (or second or third) person to point th.. read more



Reviews

I draw time to time, so I laughed when Ian enhanced Chrissy's b***s. I do that with women and dropping their neck folds, or accidentally slimming them down. They bring it up the same way Chrissy does, and often react the same way - so props for realism in your dialogue and action. Love the line about her bringing her attitude with her, too.

There's some repeated information coming from the first chapter and I feel like the use of exclamation points makes Ian over-reactive in a few places. Not much to clean up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Yes, I'm bad about exclamation points. You're not the first (or second or third) person to point th.. read more
aw poor Ian! i feel bad for him!! I don't think Chrissy 'd gotten the wrong idea though, i like them both! and i know what she meant by smiling about the attitude thingy!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing.
I love this! I like the way they interact with each other and how Ian wants her around more, but isn't really sure of his own motives. Chrissy is so blunt and verbal. She's such an interesting character and I'm always excited to see what she's going to do next!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
The banter between them is great and lets the reader know what they are really thinking. With the age difference, I can see why he wonders, but keeps you wanting more.
Great read - love the b***s!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So compared to the last chapter, I found this one super short. Surprisingly so. I also found it interesting that he can't decide if he's hitting on her or not, it gives us a good look at just how long it's probably been since he's really talk to anyone, one on one like that. I totally thought he was hitting on her (albeit not very well) until he stated otherwise.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoy his confusion about his feelings for her. Keep on writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter. Very interesting and fun to read. I think you did a great job on the interaction between the characters and giving them their own personalities.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is great. The conversation between the characters feels natural and is very witty. I enjoyed reading this and I think that there isnt anything that needs to be changed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

880 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on June 7, 2012
Tags: love, romance, humor


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


8. Thanksgiving 8. Thanksgiving

A Chapter by Craig2591


9. Christmas 9. Christmas

A Chapter by Craig2591