The First Encounter

The First Encounter

A Chapter by Jessica

It started two months ago, we had just gotten back from winter break. It was time for school once again, and I guess, deep down, I was looking forward to going back. When I arrived at the school I quickly made my way to my first class, like I had done for a semester already. I stood there, my bag hanging over my shoulder and books in one hand, waiting to see if my friends would stop by. It was then that I saw him, just a quick glance but it felt like an hour. There was something about him . . . His eyes met mine, and locked for a moment before he turned into my class, his class. I smiled. Before I could realize what I was doing Kristen had appeared behind my and caught me staring off into the class room. Why, oh why did I have to do that? A smirk crossed her face, and I just shook my head. “What?” I asked her. She just continued to smirk at me. “What?” I demanded once again, this time she responded with a simple, “Nothing.” I let out a frustrated sigh, this day sucked so far.

 

The boy I had seen remained in the classroom, and I remained in the hall talking with friends until the bell rang. Carrie and I entered the classroom, taking our usual seats, as the teacher began to welcome us back and inform us that the year was not yet over and we would have to continue to work hard. My mind couldn’t stay focused long enough to hear the details, one of the down falls about having my mind. Every little unimportant detail I remembered and stayed focused on. And as of that moment, they all revolved around him. His dark brown hair, his eyes that seemed to shine in the light, and the round face of his. I had yet to see him smile, but there was no doubt in my mind that if I had, it would have been the only image in my brain.

 

After an excruciating fifty-five minutes the bell rang, and I left the room. Where is he? What is his next class? I asked myself countless times, and this annoyed me. I had never been one to obsess, over a guy anyway. My thoughts were cut short as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around, hitting someone in the head. My hand went to cover my mouth as I actually gasped. “I’m so sorry!” I almost shouted, and then I realized who I had hit. It was him. He laughed a couple times before reassuring me it was alright. That wasn’t enough to make me forgive myself and I continued to apologize for a while longer, before he stopped me. “No, really, just drop it. We don’t want to be late for our next class anyway.” “Oh. Right. I forgot about that.” I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my arm, and I turned back to face him again. “Wait, I had wanted to ask you something before you hit me.” He laughed, I blushed. “Do you know how to get to F Hall?” he asked me. I nodded quickly, “I am on my way there now. Do you just want to follow me there?” “That’d be great.” He smiled at me. There it was, his smile. I shook my head coming back to reality, and beginning on my way to F Hall. I stayed quiet as I walked, dodging people trying to jam others out of the way to get where they were going.

 

We reached the F Hall with time to spare, and he took advantage of that. “I’m Dakota.” He told me, as he turned so that he was once again facing me head on. I smiled, again. “I’m Jessica.” “Well thanks, Jessica.” He paused “So, what is your next class?” “Political Science.” I told him, taken aback as I saw his lips form a smile. “That’s my class too, I’m curious now. Could I see your schedule?” I quickly reached into my bag and pulled the folded paper our, handing it to him. He laughed as he compared it to his own. “Amazing. We have almost every class together.” “Really?” I asked, pulling the two papers from him. It was true, we had every class together, but one. Band. I laughed, of course he wasn’t in band, it just didn’t seem to fit him. I opened my mouth to comment on that fact but was cut off by the ringing of the one minute bell. “Crap.” I muttered under my breath. He simply laughed as we rushed down the hall to our class. The rushing wasn’t necessary; we could have walked and made it on time. Being the first day back, neither of us knew our seats, and so we made our way to the seating chart. My eyes quickly found my name, and his finger pointed to a seat on the other side of the room. We parted ways and made our way to our seats. To make matters worse, I knew no one in this class.

           

 



© 2016 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is so cool. Its like somthing that could actually happen!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Did that seriously happen to you? Wow, that is amazing! Your ideas put down really well...maybe if you break the paragraphs up to add a little bit more of an impact, but keep all of the words in that order...It's amazing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2008
Last Updated on February 18, 2016


Author

Jessica
Jessica

Atlanta, GA



About
I am a random person, and I sometimes keep to myself. I try to be more outgoing, but I can't seem to unless I am with my close friends. I do, however, become the most out going person you could ever m.. more..

Writing
Das Verdammte Das Verdammte

A Story by Jessica


A Day Dream A Day Dream

A Book by Jessica