Unexplainable

Unexplainable

A Chapter by Jessica
"

The fith chapter of A Day Dream.

"

“I miss Meghan.” I told Brittney as I took the seat across from her. It was true but now I had a habit of saying it daily, ever since Meghan was moved from our lunch period to 5A. After swallowing the water in her mouth Erin responded the way she always did, “Me too.”   I looked around the table, it was empty, just Erin and me. No matter how much later I left somehow I always beat Jake and Ethan to our shared table, and I wasn’t complaining, after they got here it turned into a personal hell for Erin and me. I decided to make use of the time we had without the others, and do something I never did. I laughed shortly, this was harder than expected. “So there is this guy,” I laughed again and looked at Brittney, “yeah, so his name is Dakota, and he is really cute.” I tried to make it seem as casual as I could, but it didn’t work. There was a difference between some random guy in the hall and Dakota. Brittney laughed too, and after that we both changed the subject as Jake and Ethan approached our table.

 

Right as the two took their seats, Brittney let out a short, high pitched scream. I laughed even though I was trying to hold it back. “Why do you sit there?” I asked her as I did every time Jake poked her, or Ethan made some stupid comment. Brittney didn’t have a chance to answer before Jake cut in, “Because she secretly loves him, look how close she is sitting to him.” As he pushed Brittney chair away from him and closer to Ethan’s, I kicked him in the shin. I thought about commenting about how I missed having Josh around to take out my frustration on but decided against it, not wanting Jake say something that would make me miss Josh more, and possibly break a certain someone’s nose.

 

I laughed remembering fun inside jokes from past years, a tangent in my random mind. “See, even Jessica is laughing, if I had said something about her you would be laughing too, Brittney.” I shut my mouth and looked at Jake muttering random insults at him.

 

Amazingly this lunch was so distracting, I didn’t once think about Dakota. I leaned my elbow on the table, placed my chin and upper neck on my cupped hand and began to breathe slower, relaxing. Lunch was not the time I usually did this, but today I felt more drained than usual, as I drifted off into my dream world.

 

I snapped my head up, ready to curse as someone slammed their backpack back onto the table, only inches from my head. While opening my mouth to speak I heard a laugh, Dakota’s laugh. My eyes focused and I realized it was him. “Hey.” I smiled. He laughed once again before responding, “Hey, sorry about that. Were you sleeping again?” I looked up at the clock only a minute had passed since I laid my head down, “No, I was just,” I paused, choosing my words carefully, “dreaming.” He smiled at me again, and I wondered if he remembered what I said earlier, thinking he was a dream. Part of me wanted him to know, but most of me wanted to hit myself for saying it to him.

 

Jake opened his mouth, “Hey.” I couldn’t help but think about how much of an idiot he was, Dakota had been here for about five minutes and he was just now saying hi? “Hi.” Damn it. I knew that voice. I took my eyes off of Dakota and watched as Will sat down next to Jake, as another backpack was slammed down on the table, Chris’. Damn it. Just ten seconds later a red head appeared, Eric, and took a seat beside Will. This amazingly distracting lunch was now amazingly dreadful, even with Dakota sitting next to me.

 



© 2016 Jessica


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on September 11, 2008
Last Updated on February 18, 2016


Author

Jessica
Jessica

Atlanta, GA



About
I am a random person, and I sometimes keep to myself. I try to be more outgoing, but I can't seem to unless I am with my close friends. I do, however, become the most out going person you could ever m.. more..

Writing
Das Verdammte Das Verdammte

A Story by Jessica


A Day Dream A Day Dream

A Book by Jessica