Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Aekmy
"

Here is the first chapter out of eight. Please enjoy! :D Feadback is greatly appreciated.

"
Joey's P.O.V

The bus was being extra slow this morning. Every stinkin time a new light came into my view I got excited, but it was nothing, anything and every thing but my bus! It was freaking cold too! Jeeze it never, ever, got this cold in Tennessee, but then we have to move to freaking New Jersey! Stupid job and the stupid house, I kicked a rock. It flew across the road and stopped on the other side. The bus finally came creeping up next to the curb. Once the doors opened I jumped on and found my seat, then turned on my ipod. A few of my friends were talking about forming a band, back when I was in Tennessee. I played electric, Bethi was on drums and some other kid played base. We weren't very good, at all, but we still kept trying. I jammed away to my favorite songs on the way to school.

My school had to be the cleanest in Jersey. That's probably the reason why most of the monkeys didn't act up here. It was new and shiny, 'sanitary', and smelled of too much bleach. Way too much bleach. It was going on the second day of school for me and the New Year. I hadn't even gotten a 'hey, are you new here?' or anything like that. I wasn't surprised. Though I got a kick out of my mother when I told her, yeah she was even more surprised about the kids' reaction to me than I never would be. Mostly I just got ignored. It's something that you get used to though. Basically me with a school crowd is like that meth abuser with a whole bunch of alcoholics. Yeah, I thought I was kind of well actually really pathetic. My mother hadn't grasped the fact that I am a nobody. She had tried home schooling, but I was so socially inactive she got worried, so she put me in this dump.

First period, homeroom, was a nightmare. Why don't they just do away with it? Some kid looked at me weird and then others just pointed, whispered, and for their final act a few giggles. How surprising, not! It never got old. One of the kids looked at me, but not with a disgusted expression. His eyes ran down my figure and clothing and then back to my face. He didn't seem to know I was watching so he stared a little too long for comfort. I was actually surprised at him; his expression was more like 'I understand'. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. The idea of someone not thinking I was creepy was�well creepy and out of the norm. Honestly he looked a lot like me, clothing choice wise. I'll write about it later.

To pass the time I pulled all of the laces out of my black converses and re-laced them at least five or six times before the bell rang and when it did I grabbed my only thing, my agenda, and slithered through the crowds of people to second. The halls were already littered with trash. The teachers actually stood outside their doors and scanned the halls. A teacher took one look at me and fingered me over.
"I'm going to have to ask you to tuck your shirt in, miss." He pointed to my waistline, banned with a rainbow of neon colors on my belt. I could have told him 'okay well does that mean I have to do it because technically you never "told" me to', but instead I sighed noisily and pushed my shirt in. I'd un-tuck it later. That one kid glanced at me and then away when I got his eyes. They were hazel-ish with a bit of green, probably the prettiest I had seen in a while.
"Alright you may go." He waved me off, like I needed his permission, I walked off on my own.

It turns out that that same kid is in every single one of my classes except for my last. The day went by so freaking slow. I tried counting math books and pencils plus a few black ribbons, but nothing ever happened. I had given up on my sheep a long time ago.

Instead of taking the bus home I decided to walk. It was a pretty day outside and the house still wasn't together yet so I took my time putting one foot in front of the other. You won't guess who I saw. My hood was down and I was jammin' away to screeching guitars. Maybe it was a little too loud and that's why he said something.
"What are you listening to?" he nudged my arm. I pulled the ear phones out and looked at the artist.
"I, uh, don't know. Some one new." I looked up at him. Jeeze this kid is tall too!
"I'm, uh, Gerard Way. You go to my school." He stopped and extended his hand. Wow he was polite, that had to be a first when it came to guys. I hesitantly took his hand and shook. We let go and stuffed our hands in our pockets at the same time and kept walking, slowly. I kind of chuckled.
"I'm Joey, Joey Candice parker, but you can call me Joey or Joe for short."
"Not trying to be pushy, but it's kind of a guy-ish name, don't you think?" he peeked at me through his hair. He was so cute.
"Yeah I don't like girls very much. Especially the screaming and giggling ones, oh and you can't forget the ones with pom poms. They need to be pushed off into a ditch." He chuckled at my dark humor and I grinned.
"Well," I stopped in front of my mail box. "Um, I'll see you tomorrow?" I looked from my shoes to his face.
"Tomorrow is Saturday." He laughed at me.
"You think you're cute." I stuck my tongue out at him and proceeded up the drive.

Gerard's P.O.V
I watched her walk up the steps before I slowly started to move. She was cute, funny, and lonely. I could see it in her eyes. Talking to people didn't seem easy for her. She must have been frustrated; confused that someone took a little interest in her. If only she knew. I thought she was pretty cool. Maybe I would see her around the neighbor hood and definitely at school. She turned to look at me, but caught my gaze and quickly turned around. I smiled silently and wandered home.

Joey's P.O.V
I looked back and caught his gaze and ended up stumbling up the steps. I swear his cheek was turned up in a smile as he walked away. He was very indescribable, perfect, and dark in so many ways. After I said hello to my mother and father I walked up to my room and threw my school crap in the direction of my desk, grabbed my pajamas from a box, found my bathroom things and took a shower.

I felt so much better after I was out and clean so I took my worn out black notebook and plopped down on the bed. I flipped to the very back; sadly it only had one page left. Sighing, I took the pen from the spiral thing, kicked off my slippers and began writing.


Journal,
Today had to be the worst. This one kid would NOT stop staring at me, but the funny thing is he didn't like stare he just took in my appearance I guess. New Jersey so far sucks. Stupid job. The guy is so cute though. Just like adorable, oh and you should see him when he smiles! Gosh. I thought I was going to fall over and faint right there. He even lives on my street! What a coincidence, right? I don't think so that much. He seemed interested in me, but we know how that goes. Talk is cheep. I'll never trust him.
Joey ~~~~~<3

I finished up quickly and re-read the entire think over and over. Maybe he will like me. Eh, I won't get my hopes up. Ten o'clock came quicker than I thought it would. I skipped dinner and fell asleep with my notebook tight on my chest; the light was left on.

There he was, beckoning me to come with him. The direction in which he intended to go looked bright. Too many lights surrounding one area, he tugged on my shirt sleeve. I struggled against his grip.
"No!" I screamed and fell into the bright light. My skin burned while I rolled, hugging myself.

I woke up gasping, sweat drenching my clothes and face. Wow. That was vivid. I checked my arms and blinked twice. My feet found my slippers after I put away my notebook. It almost fell apart. I would have to duck tape it back together again later. Upstairs, I know it's weird my bedroom is downstairs; that's because it's actually like the basement, but anyway my little brother was already up watching cartoons. He was so cute. His little booties on his feet were green. I picked him up and threw him up like an airplane then snuggled him close to my chest on the way down.
"Hello Candice." I turned around and saw my father smiling at me, falsely of course. There always seemed to be something negative between us when we spoke.
"Good morning. Has jack eaten yet?" I propped jack up on my hip.
"No, your mother hasn't gotten out of bed yet. I'm afraid she has the flu." He looked down at his dress shoes. Where was he going?
"What makes you say that? She looked fine last night. Oh and where are you going?" I tried to look concerned as I wandered off to the kitchen to feed my little tiger some cheerios.
"It hit her hard last night. She started coughing and gained a runny nose. As for this," he gestured at his suit "I have a meeting this morning around two to three hours from here. So I must be off." He waved at jack and left, no good bye for me. Not even ten minutes after I had set the little rascal down to eat my mother was up.
"Oh you're the best Joey, but you don't have to do that." My mother was the only one who called me Joey. She gave me a quick hug and turned to Jacky, but she didn't look too bad. I'll come back later and help out after a quick walk around the neighbor hood, so I ran upstairs to get dressed.
I wondered, while I was getting dressed, if my father was lying to me. There's no reason to. I was going to see my mother sometime and he couldn't keep something that big from me. My father was and still is, an awful man. No one would ever know how unpleasant, but I let it go and continued to pull my favorite purple long-sleeve over my head. It had a singing dinosaur on it. While I was smoothing it out I noticed something; stupid deodorant marks. I found my smallest skinny jeans and slipped those on over my green Invader Zim socks. In the bathroom I combed out my hair and brushed my teeth before walking into my room to find my messenger bag.
"That is it!" I nearly yelled. I had everything in my bag except�for a phone. How the heck am I supposed to get in touch with anybody if I don't have a source of communication? I won't. So If I start to get mugged on the street I can't do anything about it. Lovely. In frustration, I jogged down the stairs and waved off to my mother.
"Wait Joe Hun, tomorrow we can look at getting you a phone. Okay? I am really sorry." She was changing jacks diaper.
"That would be great. Hey later I'll give you a reprieve and take the monster out for a walk, okay?" she nodded and turned back to jack who was reaching to play with his poop. EW.

The air outside was clean, fresh, and most of all, cold. I jumped down the steps and into the street. The birds were singing and the sun was shining. Now that was one thing I could do without, the sun. Sometimes it was just too out there. Like a kid that shows off at school with everything and doesn't give any one else room to shine. I thought of the kids at school. Except for Gerard and another group of people I had seen, no one really dressed up like me. The preps didn't even wear mascara. Not that I did either; I think make-up is stupid. No offense. It kind of made me sad for a split moment that no one was like me. Like I'm my own species, I sighed. I'll never fit in a big crowd of girls. I'm like a stick with no figure, my b***s are totally squished (like I don't have any) and my smile is all jacked up.

My untied shoelace sent me flying across someone's lawn.
"Uff." I rolled back over to dust myself off and heard laughing beside me; it was Gerard. He was getting such a kick out of my fall that he dropped the mail in his hand.
"Again, you think you're cute." I crossed my arms over my non-existent chest and tried to look mad, but he was so cute it was hard to.
"I'm sorry. That was mean. Are you alright?" he tried to hide his laughter as best as he could after he picked up the mail and walked over to sit.
"Yeah. I've had way worse." I examined my palms.
"Of course," He tried to seem serious now. "What are you doing up anyway?" he asked and unfolded the newspaper, peering into it like there was something interesting.
"Just walking around, would you like to join me?" I offered, using hand gestures.
"Lemme eat first. You wanna come in?" he pointed to the open front door with his thumb and closed the newspaper after shaking his head.
"Sure." His stomach growled and we both laughed. We got up and walked into his house. Once I closed the door it got really dark.
"My parents pretty much work all the time so they can pay for the house, so they aren't here." He clinked and clanked around in the kitchen.
"Whoa. No wonder. Your house is uh kind of bigger than mine." I dropped my jacket and bag by the door. He glanced at me, more like let his eyes linger but�
"Do you mind�?" I pointed towards my things.
"Oh, no you can keep them there and you don't have to take your shoes off either." He disappeared behind the cabinet. When I walked into the kitchen he had dug into a big bowl of cheerios. I smiled. He had a questioned look on his face.
"I fed my little brother some of those this morning. That's all." He nodded and swallowed.
"What's his name and how old is he?"
"His name is jack and he is I think a year and some change." He looked confused again.
"Change?"
"It's a southern thing." I laughed and finally sat down.
"Oh where are you from?" he stuffed more cheerios in his mouth, milk dripped from his chin.
"Nashville, Tennessee. My dad was offered a job here so we moved." I kept my eyes on the cereal bowl.
"You don't look or sound very southern." he ran his eyes along my figure again.
"Yeah I didn't inherit everything. My mother is though. She wears dresses a lot and my father�well."
"Well?" he urged.
"I uh nothing." I muttered. There was no need to open my big mouth to this boy I had just met and tell him my whole life story. Light footsteps came from behind me.
"Hey Mikey." Gerard finished his bowl, washed it out and handed it to Mikey.
"Who's this?" he set his hand on the back of my chair.
"This is Candice I mean Joey from school." I chuckled and then mikey lit up behind me and bound to the seat next to me.
"Is it Candice or Joey?" he extended his hand and shook mine, smiling the whole time.
"It's really your choice. At school I go by Joey and my mom calls me that, but my father calls me Candice."
"What's your real name?"
"Joey Candice Parker."
"That's a mouthful." He laughed and so did I.
"Well you have to have a mouthful for a handful. Ya know." I smiled and glanced over towards Gerard.
"So, are you ready?" he had donned his coat and changed while mikey and I were talking.
"Is some one going somewhere?" Mikey nudged Gerard on his way to the pantry full of food.
"Oh shut up. Joey and I are just walking around." He smiled and waved at me to come on.
"It was nice meeting you Mikey." I smiled as sweetly as I could manage before we walked out into the sunlight.
"Wow, it got brighter." I said, surprised.
"Yeah." He sounded as disappointed as I was.
"So�" I swung my hands around me.
"How long have you been moved in?" he looked into my eyes as he spoke.
"Only since like Monday and the house still isn't unpacked." I closed my eyes and shook my head.
"Maybe I could help with the larger stuff."
"My dad was going to�well you know you could help. My father is out of town and I'm sure my mother would love to have some help." My smile came out way fake.
"Is your father around much?" he seemed too curious.

Gerard's P.O.V
She swung her hands around again and stopped. She was so fidgety.
"Is your father around much?"
"Kind of." She sounded like she wanted him gone forever.
"Oh." I let it drop.
"So do you want to go to my house?" this time she looked up at me and spoke in my eyes. She had the most shocking pale blue I had seen. It was even more jump-out-in-your-face because her cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink from the cold and the rest of her face was so pale.
"Sure." I smiled. She started to pick up her pace.
"Whoa spider monkey we don't have to go that fast." I pulled on her shoulder.
"Sorry it's just the noise." She covered her ears. I didn't hear anything. The only noises were a few cars and a lawn mower going off a few blocks away. In the distance though I did hear a little girl scream, but it was of laughter. I could tell.
"What's wrong Candice? I mean Joey. Joey talk to me!" she had stopped to sit on the side walk and started hyperventilating.
"He's coming. He's coming to come get me." She whispered and fell over on her side and then started to cry softly.
"Who, what? Joey where is your house?" I moved the hair from her face.
"Sixty-two fifty-eight Wallow dr." I swung her arm around my shoulder and lifted her up into my arms. She was really light. I started walking her home. She would whimper every now and then.

Joey's P.O.V
My arm was swung around something and then I was in the air. Softly, the wind blew in my face. My eyes fluttered open and close. Gerard's hair was in my face. I had my cheek resting against his shoulder. I was in total shock. I was in his arms. How did this happen? What did I do? Did I hurt my ankle again? Oops, I guess I forgot to tell him I trip a lot. Then a few things started to come back to me. I was on the ground, crying. Why was I crying? After searching my brain for a few minutes I came up empty. So I finally gave up and closed my eyes. Gosh, he was so warm. Without thinking I snuggled closer and breathed in his scent. Yummy, he smelt good too. I thought I heard him chuckle, but before I could ask him I had somewhat fallen asleep in his arms.


© 2009 Aekmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"A few of my friends were talking about forming a band, back when I was in Tennessee. I played electric, Bethi was on drums and some other kid played base. We weren't very good, at all, but we still kept trying."
^ I love how this bit was randomly thrown into the first chapter.

"Basically me with a school crowd is like that meth abuser with a whole bunch of alcoholics."
^ Probably the most muffed up analogy I've ever heard. I love it.

"One of the kids looked at me, but not with a disgusted expression. His eyes ran down my figure and clothing and then back to my face. He didn't seem to know I was watching so he stared a little too long for comfort."
^ Is it weird that I find that awesome for the main c? =/

""Alright you may go." He waved me off, like I needed his permission, I walked off on my own."
^ Lmao...she so needed his permission...

""I'm, uh, Gerard Way. You go to my school." He stopped and extended his hand. Wow he was polite, that had to be a first when it came to guys."
^ YES! Another fan that agrees that Gerard is polite! Is he also shy and kinda klutzy and just damn adorable? Lol.

Joey Candace Parker... Wow. All my chicks in fanfics seem to have dude names too... =/ Maybe it's just the genre...

"Sighing, I took the pen from the spiral thing, kicked off my slippers and began writing."
^ Spiral thing?! Omg! I LOLed SO freakin hard at that!

"I found my smallest skinny jeans and slipped those on over my green Invader Zim socks."
^ I remember this! Echelon read this line to me in third hour at school... Invader Zim rocks.

"I crossed my arms over my non-existent chest and tried to look mad,"
^ Ech read me this one too! I LOLed for a loooong time...

""His name is jack and he is I think a year and some change." He looked confused again.
"Change?"
"It's a southern thing.""
^ So isn't. I've never heard that phrase in my life. 'Cept once...or twice...okay, maybe more than twice. Like...half a dozen, maybe two dozen times... ... Maybe four... That's all though... Sooooo not a Southern thing...

""Hey Mikey." Gerard finished his bowl, washed it out and handed it to Mikey."
^ MIKEY!! I had forgotten Mikey! How could I?!?! THANK YOU for bringing him in! Lol!

""Well you have to have a mouthful for a handful. Ya know.""
^ That line...is so...dirty. I LOVE it! Lol!

""Whoa spider monkey we don't have to go that fast." I pulled on her shoulder."
^ A Twilight reference? In a MCR fanfic? ... I don't know what to say to that.

The ending was...ugh...a cliffhanger. What's wrong with her? Why is Gerard so freakin hot? Will Mikey ever complete his bowl of Cheerios? Find out next time in........CHAPTER TWO!!

I loved it. Ech recommended it, and I'm glad I took her advice. Can't wait to see dearest Gerard in chapter deux

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is really good! I can not wait to read more of it! I wonder what was wrong with her? It did remind me a little bit of Twilight(ugh) but that's OK. Just a few little references and it actually made it better! I love this. Gerard is my fave. so super happy bout this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


"A few of my friends were talking about forming a band, back when I was in Tennessee. I played electric, Bethi was on drums and some other kid played base. We weren't very good, at all, but we still kept trying."
^ I love how this bit was randomly thrown into the first chapter.

"Basically me with a school crowd is like that meth abuser with a whole bunch of alcoholics."
^ Probably the most muffed up analogy I've ever heard. I love it.

"One of the kids looked at me, but not with a disgusted expression. His eyes ran down my figure and clothing and then back to my face. He didn't seem to know I was watching so he stared a little too long for comfort."
^ Is it weird that I find that awesome for the main c? =/

""Alright you may go." He waved me off, like I needed his permission, I walked off on my own."
^ Lmao...she so needed his permission...

""I'm, uh, Gerard Way. You go to my school." He stopped and extended his hand. Wow he was polite, that had to be a first when it came to guys."
^ YES! Another fan that agrees that Gerard is polite! Is he also shy and kinda klutzy and just damn adorable? Lol.

Joey Candace Parker... Wow. All my chicks in fanfics seem to have dude names too... =/ Maybe it's just the genre...

"Sighing, I took the pen from the spiral thing, kicked off my slippers and began writing."
^ Spiral thing?! Omg! I LOLed SO freakin hard at that!

"I found my smallest skinny jeans and slipped those on over my green Invader Zim socks."
^ I remember this! Echelon read this line to me in third hour at school... Invader Zim rocks.

"I crossed my arms over my non-existent chest and tried to look mad,"
^ Ech read me this one too! I LOLed for a loooong time...

""His name is jack and he is I think a year and some change." He looked confused again.
"Change?"
"It's a southern thing.""
^ So isn't. I've never heard that phrase in my life. 'Cept once...or twice...okay, maybe more than twice. Like...half a dozen, maybe two dozen times... ... Maybe four... That's all though... Sooooo not a Southern thing...

""Hey Mikey." Gerard finished his bowl, washed it out and handed it to Mikey."
^ MIKEY!! I had forgotten Mikey! How could I?!?! THANK YOU for bringing him in! Lol!

""Well you have to have a mouthful for a handful. Ya know.""
^ That line...is so...dirty. I LOVE it! Lol!

""Whoa spider monkey we don't have to go that fast." I pulled on her shoulder."
^ A Twilight reference? In a MCR fanfic? ... I don't know what to say to that.

The ending was...ugh...a cliffhanger. What's wrong with her? Why is Gerard so freakin hot? Will Mikey ever complete his bowl of Cheerios? Find out next time in........CHAPTER TWO!!

I loved it. Ech recommended it, and I'm glad I took her advice. Can't wait to see dearest Gerard in chapter deux

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1(Stupid job and the stupid house, I kicked a rock. It flew across the road and stopped on the other side.)1

2(To pass the time I pulled all of the laces out of my black converses and re-laced them at least five or six times)2

3(I tried counting math books and pencils plus a few black ribbons, but nothing ever happened. I had given up on my sheep a long time ago.)3 This is so something my friend Sara -xFaerieCorpsex would do. Once she got so bored during class, she counted the ceiling tiles and bricks in the room. HA!

4("Yeah I don't like girls very much. Especially the screaming and giggling ones, oh and you can't forget the ones with pom poms. They need to be pushed off into a ditch." He chuckled at my dark humor and I grinned.) Freaking ha ha thats so my opinion too!

5(Now that was one thing I could do without, the sun. Sometimes it was just too out there.)5 That's hilarious, I share this opinion.

6(My untied shoelace sent me flying across someone's lawn: I crossed my arms over my non-existent chest and tried to look mad, but he was so cute it was hard to.)6 That's freakin hilarious and I love these lines to much.



Oh no, What happened to her. It's ok, Gerard was there to save her! lol.
I only have time to read this chapter today it's almost 3 and I gotta go home. But I love it 'eep' ha ha. I loved your review by the way. Can't wait to read more. PEACE!! WOO!



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2009
Last Updated on April 9, 2009


Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy