Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Aekmy

 

Kyles P.O.V
The couch was lumpy and my clothes were too tight. I wished I was home. Sighing, I squirmed on the couch and twisted about. Something on top of me made that hard. I swatted at it uselessly and thought to throw it off, but I felt it for a moment, my eyes still closed, and realized it was a blanket. Someone had thought to cover me up, how sweet. I pulled a corner up to my nose and took in a deep breath; it smelled heavily of smoke and Gerard plus a little sweat. My fantasy was interrupted by a strange feeling: vibrations underneath me, I think. It’s probably my phone. I squirmed uselessly for five minutes and then decided to just get up. When I did my phone fell out of my shirt, how surprising. Picking it up, I checked the sender and then pressed send.
“Kyle?” Cindy yelled. I mentally hit myself for not calling her.
“hey.” I yawned.
“Where are you? Her voice still sounded alarmingly frantic.
“I’m,” I paused. “I’m at a hotel. I’m okay; I didn’t have a key and you were gone so…”
“I was worried sick about you. I called like fifteen times, but your okay, so it’s good. Did you have fun?” Somehow she smiled.
 
Gerard’s P.O.V
 Someone was moving around at the front of the bus, but I didn’t know how. I’m pretty sure I locked the door, but I got up anyway. My feet stumbled to the front. My breath caught when I saw a figure, and then I remembered Kyle. I breathed out and moved toward her, but stopped when she started to talk.
“Yeah,” she sniffled, rubbed her nose, and sat down. “The guys are great, like you wouldn’t believe. They’re all too sweet. Gerard and frank took me to the hospital and the doctor tightened my knee, it was great.” She stopped and looked around. There was a long pause.
“no.” she gasped, her hand flying to her mouth.
“How are they?” she blinked.
“Cindy, I am so sorry.” She paused and bit her lip. “Yeah, love you too. Bye.” Her fingers closed over the phone and let it fall to the floor, but her head fell into the cushions. I bit my own lip and walked over to her, kneeling on the floor.
“hey.” I whispered. She shot up really quick and dried her eyes, then smiled.
“I heard the whole thing, watched it, what’s goin on?”
“Cindy had a tragedy in her family and she’s moving outta state.” I didn’t know what to say.
“And I live with her and now I have no where to go.”
“oh.” Now I get it.
“So tomorrow I’m going to get my stuff and go,” her eyes wandered. “Somewhere.”
“Sorry bout that.”
“Pshhh.” She playfully pushed my shoulder and smiled. All traces of sadness left her face. I waved her over and she scooted.
“Why Kyle?” I blurted.
“What?”
“Your name.”
“Oh, I don’t know Sherlock my parents picked it.”
“That’s your real name?”
“No. my real name is too girly.” I gave her a questioned look. She sighed.
“It’s Cassandra.”
“I think it’s nice.”
“For pink dresses that make me puke and pretty bows that give me a headache. Perfect!” she retorted with heavy sarcasm; I laughed.
“Are you from here?”
“Yes.”
“I figured you were, accent, ya know.”
“And I’m eighteen, moved out two months ago and moved in with Cindy.”
“Whoa.”
“Yeah couldn’t stand my rents.”
“Rents?”
“Parents.”
“Oh.”
“I hate to be rude, but do you have any food?”
“Yeah, hope you don’t mind cereal.” I laughed and she followed.
“Anything.” Cheerios and Rice Krispies were her choices; she chose cheerios and dug in happily.
“Sorry about the lack of food. We usually eat out.” She shook her head and continued eating. I just watched her, thinking. Maybe I could have a fan friend. Maybe I could prove frank wrong, it is possible.
 
Kyle’s P.O.V
 Gerard’s face was thoughtful, so I didn’t bother him when I put my cereal bowl in the sink and washed it out. When I sat down he perked up and asked me if I wanted more.
“Crazy? I can’t eat all of your food. Sides I can pack it away.” I patted my stomach, giggling, while I made my way to the couch again. He followed like a loyal puppy dog.
“I hope you sleep well.” His usually velvet voice was raspy and quiet. To my surprise he brushed my bangs back and mixed it with the rest of my hair. I closed my eyes and smiled. Speaking of puppy dogs he was starting to scratch.
“That feels good.” I managed a whisper, resting my head farther into the cushions. After a moment the waves of sleep started drowning me. You know how you go in and out of sleep? Yeah well Gerard was achieving that. In between all of these mixed emotions he left, leaving me longing for his hands running though my hair.
 
 Apparently everyone was used to getting up really dang early because it couldn’t have been passed noon and I could hear everyone’s conversations. They were mostly about me.
“Dude, you know she can’t stay here. People might think we freaking kidnapped her.” I figured that was frank. There was a long pause.
“I have the perfect solution.” Someone piped in, I think it was mikey. No one spoke, waiting for him.
“We could tell the press she’s related to Gerard. I mean have you looked at her? Her hair is pitch black like his and the chin and everything. I think it’s full proof.” I look like Gerard? No way.
“Of course you do.” Someone got up and walked around. I was afraid to stretch, move or breathe.
“What if she doesn’t wanna stay?” frank asked.
“That’s crazy talk. Anybody would die to be in the position she’s in.”
“Sure. Whatever. I say she can stay as long as she wants. It would be nice to have company.”
“She’s not joining the band.” Frank stated with authority.
“I don’t think she plays anything and sides she doesn’t like to move a lot. Kyle wouldn’t be happy.” I identified that as Gerard. He sounded really disappointed.
“What’s her name?” ray asked.
“Kyle.”
“Interesting.” Ray muttered. I think he walked off. Okay, I’d had enough and let out a stretching squeal.
“Morning sleepy head. You sleep like a rock.” Gerard swapped his attention to me. I yawned and smiled then sat up straight.
“Ugh, I’ve had better sleeps.” I rubbed my eyes and jumped in front of gee.
“Wake up!” I yelled in his face.
“No!” frank yelled back, though I wasn’t yelling at him.
“And why not?” I asked more calmly.
“’cause I don’t wanna.”
“But I said so.” suddenly I flew backward and had to catch myself.
“I thought you said jersey was your last stop?” I yelled, well more like shrieked, at Gerard.
“Chill out. We’re making our way to your town smarty.”
“You scared me. I thought you were kidnapping me.” Frank gave Gerard a look and I knew why.
“I’m just joking ya know.” I laughed nervously, thinking I had said too much. Behind the bus I heard screaming.
“What the…?” Gerard followed me back, but didn’t say anything, like he knew what it was.
“wow.” A whole bunch of girls were in a car chasing the bus.
“Kind of cool and freaky.” He laughed.
“yeah.” I looked up at gee and smiled. It came out funny and left a taste in my mouth.
“Ya know Cindy won’t be home, right? I’ll be there all alone.” I said, sing song-ish.
“So do you wanna stay here?”
“Who wouldn’t?” I muttered. I had one hundred dollars with me, no keys, a jacket, and a purse, great.
“Frank thinks that people are going to think we kidnapped you.” He whispered.
“Wouldn’t I like that?” I muttered again, letting whatever emotion this was seep into my face.
“Hey!” he sort of yelled, grabbing my shoulder to turn me around and look at him. We were both sitting in the cramped space between each bunk. “What’s up with you?” he was acting more like my big brother than a friend right now. I rolled my eyes.
“It’s nothing.” I tried to get up, but big brother pushed me down again.
“I won’t ask again.”
“You shouldn’t care.”
“What do you mean?”
“About me. You shouldn’t give a s**t about someone like me.”
“Are you having self denials?”
“And what the hell is that supposed to mean?”
“Why shouldn’t I be interested in you?”
“It’s like the world stops spinning.”
“Don’t be dramatic, please.”
“Get over it.” I banged my head against the wooden post again and again and Gerard rolled his eyes, too. I felt much better when I was done.
“Alright I’m done.” I perked up and kissed his cheek. Because he was so shocked I didn’t have any trouble getting away.
“My turn: what the hell was that?!” he yelled.
“See!” I threw my hands up.
“What?” he asked, exasperated.
“Just let it go, kid!”
“I’m not a kid.” He said sternly. I turned to look at him. He looked so serious.
“Chill out.” I said calmly.
“Whatever.”
 
 No one dropped my butt off at Cindy’s so I kept going with the gang. We went to shows, trashed a few parties and made up for it because they played. Our argument seemed to have just blown over our heads. We hugged and walked and talked like nothing had ever happened. Though we never hit anything above little sister and protective brother, I was just fine.
“I am pooped!” I yelled. “Playing really takes it outta me.” I winked at frank who looked even more tired. Frank didn’t hate me anymore. All the fans thought I was his cousin so it worked out just fine.
“Jeeze.” Gerard came in, but I didn’t know it was him. His voice was really really hoarse.
“Whoa Gee lay off on the cigarettes.” Mikey yelled from the back. I smiled, but still got up. Gerard sat down and closed his eyes. The way he looked when he closed his eyes was too cute. When I couldn’t sleep on the couch I would watch him in his sleep, he still doesn’t know. Just for a joke, I sat down on his lap, facing him, and took his face in my hands.
“Poor poor Gee.” I laughed when he just peeked out of one eye and closed it again, but he still had a smile on his face.
“He hasn’t been laid in awhile. It’s called with drawls.” Frank said, grinning WAY too wide like he was implying I should full fill his needs. Gerard chuckled.
“Whoa, kid, don’t look at me.” I jumped off Gerard, but he caught my belt loop and pulled me back on him.
“Ya know I think franks right.” He grinned and before I knew it Gerard and I were on the floor. How ironic? He was on top, pretending to rub his face into mine. Frank just rolled on the couch and when bob walked in frank couldn’t hold it back. I thought he was going to like die of suffocation or something. Gerard didn’t get off when everyone left the room and went to the back.
“What are you still doing on top of me? I’ve got other people ya know.”
“Oh so you’re a prostitute now?”
“Am I a good one?” without thinking I literally pulled his pants down half way and pushed my way on top.
“So far…” he pushed his way into my jeans and rested his hands in my butt.
“Holy shiz your hands are cold!”
“Gotta deal with it.” He winked and pulled me forward. Our lips met. My hands dug into his back pockets. For lack of better explanation we almost did it right there, but I stopped him from removing my shirt in front of everyone. Gosh. When we were getting ready for bed he kept bumping into me on purpose.
“God, Gee your hands were cold.” I spit in the sink and lay down in his bunk.
“And the zipper on my jeans is broken.” He spit too and lay down beside me.
“Seriously? Damn, I did good, huh?” we both smiled.
“So, another show tomorrow?” I looked at him looking up at the ceiling.
“Yeah, but Kyles I need to ask you something.”
“Anything.”
“Will you stay on the bus for the show?”
“But that!” I retorted. “Why would I do that?”
“Because I don’t want you to get lost in the crowds of people. This is a really huge place for concerts and lots of people have been kidnapped.”
“Who would wanna kidnap me?”
“That’s a good damn question,” he grinned and patted my head then got serious, “but someone might and I don’t want you to get hurt.” Translation; we would have to find your sorry a*s and I don’t want to go looking for you. It would waste our time. Thanks.
“whatever.” I made my way out of the bunk and onto my couch.
 


© 2009 Aekmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on January 24, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2009


Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy