Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by Aekmy

 “You aren’t,” I swallowed. “breathing.” She sighed as a look of remorse crossed her beautiful freckled face.

“no.” she stated.

“How does that work exactly?”

“Look, I can’t answer all of your questions okay? I’ve never been around any others and frankly I’m on my own! I don’t know what to do now that peter has poisoned me. For all I know I’ll be dead in a few days unless I feed! So – just – quit with all the questions.” Immediately, in one moment I didn’t catch until she was practically falling, she had gotten up to make it to the other side of the room.

“Ava.” I spoke softly and caught her unsteadily. She grunted until her pale hands found the edge of her counter.

“Gerard,” she stated, choking up and her voice got all squeaky, the way a girl does when she’s about to weep. “I don’t know what’s happening to me.” We both inched to the ground in a huddled together heap of misery.

“We’ll figure it out.” I rubbed her icy clothed back and rested my cheek on the top of her head.

“No, I can’t put you through this.” She scooted closer in my lap and placed a cold hand on my chest, rubbing her fingers against my warm shirt in a circular motion.

“I only want to help.” I soothed. She huffed and cried tearless sobs, which I still didn’t get, and we sat there almost all night. She would start crying again and I would tell her ‘I will always be here for you’ and then she would say ‘no I can’t put you through this’ with a bunch more b.s. I continued rubbing circles into her back while she played uselessly with my hair. We were both content. Notice I said ‘content’, we weren’t happy, but we were together and that was all that mattered.

  It was the first time I’d ever felt this cold in awhile. My body started to shiver and the more I pushed it back the harder I shook.

“I’m sorry.” Ava started to back away, but I told her no I’d be fine. Rolling her eyes, she sighed. I blinked, seeing her in front of me and then blinked again and she was holding a blanket, already wrapping my in it.

“tttt-hankkkk yyou.” I chattered and she laughed a whole, cold, hearted laugh and continued being content. We started rocked slightly and my eye lids got heavy. I started wondering why she hadn’t gone to sleep yet, but it was too late to ask questions. My uselessness got the best of me and I went out, holding onto her cold hand being content.

 

  I woke up in a state of confusion. My body was covered and I was laying on something soft and I could’ve sworn last night I was on the ground. Light poured in from a window. I looked around; a couple of shelves lined the walls with books crowding there limited space, clothes scattered along the floor, and other various odd things, but the things that caught my eye most was a desk and on this desk, clean unlike most things in the room, there was a small, white, paper leaning against the wall. Unwillingly, I crawled from the warm bed and stumbled out of the room; it was then that I realized I had been in Ava’s room.



© 2009 Aekmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on May 24, 2009


Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy