Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Chapter by Aekmy

 Gerard’s P.O.V

  I kept a protective hand on Ava’s back as we walked through the store. For some reason Peter had gotten back into my head, making me – almost overly protective of her. The window incident had my wondering. What was she doing on the sidewalk? Had he pushed her out? And if he did then why was the glass in one piece. Ava was fine by all standards, but watching her pop and shove bones back in place made me wary to let her go.

“I haven’t been here in so long.” She muttered as we walked through the make-up isle.

“You know you can get a few things, but we still have to get food.” Her pale fingers wrapped around a skinny bottle of perfume.

“And maybe a few forks and bowls and stuff.” She shrunk from me playfully, smiling, turning up her little freckles.

“You don’t have anything, do you?”

“Sorry kid, but no not really. You have to take a few things into consideration.” She looked around at a few things and made me let go of her. People were looking at us sceptically. People by stuff all the time! Go away! My mind yelled, but they didn’t go away. I figured it was Ava’s perpetual beauty that had everyone staring. Sometimes it had me staring, too.

“Alright. I got it.” She chirped up cheerfully in her British accent and grabbed my hand, snaking it around her cold waist again, pushing the cart charitably. After we made it through the clothes, sunglasses, bracelets and such we finally got to the meat. She had acted like a little kid in a candy shop back there.

“Whoa, do you smell that?” She inhaled greatly, eyes closed, grinning oddly. I had only seen that grin, but once, and it left as quick as it came. A few nights ago when she tried to take a snap at me…

…To get what it wanted.” Suddenly she stopped and swallowed.

“Different subject?” I asked worriedly.

“I’m afraid so.”

“I’m sorry.” Ava started to back away, but I told her no I’d be fine. Rolling her eyes, she sighed. I blinked, seeing her in front of me and then blinked again and she was holding a blanket, already wrapping my in it.

“Tttt-hankkkk yyou.” I chattered and she laughed a whole, cold, hearted laugh and continued being content. We started rocked slightly and my eye lids got heavy. I started wondering why she hadn’t gone to sleep yet, but it was too late to ask questions. My uselessness got the best of me and I went out, holding onto her cold hand being content.

­­­­

  I hated it when my mind ran over special memories. I loved the last the best the best for some reason. That’s the closest I had felt to her that night. Ava’s finger nails digging into my arm brought me from her warm living room and back into the blank grocery store.

“It smells so good.” Her whole body shook. Finally I figured out what it was; we were just two isles from the meat. She smelt the blood in the meat. I leaned down to her ear and whispered quietly. I hoped she could hear me.

“How about you go get me some shampoo or something and I’ll pick up a few packages of beef.” She gasped in a surprised manner.

“Gerard, I’m sorry. I had no idea what it was, but I think that’d be best.” She bit her lip and hesitated beside me. I looked down at her and finally she kissed me. We could have made out right there, but I pulled her away, grinning, and walked with the buggy to the meat. I hopped she liked what I picked out. I laughed at myself.

Vampires like blood, none the less where it came from. My mind countered.

Go away. I don’t need your help.

Oh yes you do. You’re going out with a vampire for god’s sake! It yelled.

But I love her.

But does she love you?

It doesn’t matter.

Then why are you thinking about it?

Shut up! You’re the one who brought it up.



© 2009 Aekmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 24, 2009


Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy