Just like...

Just like...

A Poem by Blue
"

a summer memory

"
I gave you my trust.
You broke it.
Just like how you broke my innocence
ten summers ago
between the numbers of hide-and-seek
behind the bushes
while twilight embraced the earth.
Just like how you embraced me
from my back
as you whispered in my ear
a plea to keep quiet
so as not to be discovered.
I stayed silent.
Just like how you silenced yourself
when you pressed your weight
on top of me
and your hands explored
what's beneath my clothes.
I looked at you.
You smiled.
Just like how you used to smile
during those innocent days
of climbing trees
and chasing rainbows.


You're the older brother I never had.

I ran away.
Just like how I run away
from affections of men,
still scared and scarred...

And summers were never the same again.
Just like me.

© 2014 Blue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

My Sweet friend, this piece is powerful and quite frankly enrages me.
I know this was a hard piece to write, a truth bared as you also exposed a painful moment that did not flee as moments often do but instead lingers still in the scars you incurred.
I give you this my brave girl, embrace your scar for they are what shows YOU how far you have come in this world that has a constant disease of ripping away at the innocence of others. But you must remember, those scars should never define you nor have they truly stolen your innocence. You are still innocent, it is the beast of betrayal who is not, innocent. Your innocence remains deep within where your Soul is filled with the Light of a girl who can shine as brightly as the Sun once you acknowledge that which has harmed you is dead and gone. beneath the scars lies the strength for you to rise within yourself and conquer the demons who diminish your spirit, Love.
XOXO

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

I almost cried when I read this, Priscilla. I'm touched, really. Thank you so much for sharing your .. read more
Priscilla Sayers

10 Years Ago

Only truth Sweet Arzel. You are most welcome, it was an honor to read.
XOXO
A heavy sigh in reading this one, hoping it's just a poet's imagination bleeding on the pages, an extremely affecting read Arzel.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Frieda.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Always a pleasure to read you Arzel, happy Friday. :-)
A touching, heartfelt and emotional piece that reads well and transcends human expectation, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Thomas.
Oh my, this my friend is heart breaking. This type of thing should never be forced on anyone, the pain, the fear, the internal sickening feeling...you poem stirkes a chord, rips the tears from my eyes and paints darkness on my mind. Very well written, extremely deep and dark and innocent. Sadness flows from your pen.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Jack.
Your poem robbed me of words.... Its like truth slapping on your face.. But one thing I will like to say..Make yourself stronger ..that strong that you can forgive...and I wish and pray you are able to love again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

You are kind, Avinash. Thank you.
This piece is deeply disturbing. There's nothing more tragic than to be betrayed by someone you trust. i don't really like the content per se (for being so painful) but you penned it so well. Blue, your writings stirred different emotions in me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Gab.
A fruit not yet ripe when plucked doesn't get a chance to ripen ... until ... we learn the flavor of ripe fruits ... on other trees. Then maybe we might fruit again. A bold poem Arzel ... Happy Valentine.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Dayran.
oh....so sorry for this. A gloom writing on own pain...but this is life and it is carry on... love to read you writing dear....nice crafted.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Ssadd.
One incident and nothing is ever the same again. Scaring of the soul is permanent and the damaged is done beyond repair. The innocence is lost. While reading this poem I felt pangs of self loathing. It’s pretty complicated, but that’s how I felt. Having gone through such a situation myself I felt my heart speaking the words you have written. It takes much time to nurture a relation but in an instant everything is destroyed. I think it is the most awful thing I hope and pray no one goes through. For me life has never been the same. I have difficultly trusting people. I feel insecure. I am emotionally unavailable. I get depressed instantly. I am a maniac depressive. When one half of me rejoices the other half cannot join in. There are at times I feel to escape, to run away from all the men and the trouble they bring.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Anna... You are so brave to share this experience in public. I empathize with you. I'm really sorry .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1260 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2014
Tags: summer, trauma, sexual harrassment

Author

Blue
Blue

City of Love, Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
Hi, there! I don't know who I really am but let's start with my name. I am Arzel Joy, otherwise known as Blue here in WC. I have more pressing matters at hand so I have reduced my time spent on th.. more..

Writing
Please Tell Him Please Tell Him

A Poem by Blue


Sank, Saved Sank, Saved

A Poem by Blue


Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Blue



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..