Windows to the Soul

Windows to the Soul

A Poem by Amanda

Windows to the Soul

 

 

It is said that the eyes

Are the windows to the soul

What is in one’s heart, one’s mind,

Can all be seen if one takes

The time and care to look…

 

The joy and pain,

The happiness and sadness,

The events that have shaped

What you have become,

In the here and now…

 

 

 

The perception and understanding

Wound tightly around the central core,

Held close, not wanting to be revealed

Essence of heart and soul,

Warily glancing outward through jaded eyes…

 

As she peers into the gazing visage,

She sees what he has attempted to hide

His past, her future intertwined

Becoming one in the love

That burns brightly in his soul…

 

 

 

Agt   2 June 2009

 

© 2009 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Personally, I've never seen much in the eyes of others, but then again I've never really looked. This poem though, is quite something.

'The perception and understanding
Wound tightly around the central core,
Held close, not wanting to be revealed
Essence of heart and soul,
Warily glancing outward through jaded eyes...'

This was definitely my favorite part. And how you said that the understanding wound tightly around the central core was just amazingly written. Then to say it was held close so as to not be revealed just added to the splendor!
Fantastic piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
For me Amanda I cannot get past verse 1. I like it so much. There is a great truth written in it. One that I didn't think about before. I now know the moments when I am sure my wife loves me. I look through her eyes. The poem would be even stronger with the looks between Mother and Child; Hillary and Bill Clinton! Jesus and Herod? Cracker Amanda!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You can tell so much just from looking into a person's eyes. Beautiful piece, I love the imagery you set up and the deep emotions you bring to the reader. Lovely!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aw thats really wonderful, I love the pictures and your poem flows so nicely. The eyes truly are the window to the soul :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Magically and inexlicably eyes not only see but, feel and hear .. consequently, they show emotion .. there's no hiding what - that's what makes them mirrors to every part of a human being.

If the the power's not on, the light doesn't shine ... and the message goes back to sender.

Thank you for sharing, dear friend

Posted 14 Years Ago


"It is said that the eyes
Are the windows to the soul
What is in one's heart, one's mind,
Can all be seen if one takes
The time and care to look�"

Just when I read these lines, I realized that this will going to be a great piece of writing....and I was right!
I loved each and every line equally and the way you have captured your emotions in this poetry in beyond my comprehension.
I may have written this before, but I guess this is one of your best till date..
Great work Amanda :)


Posted 14 Years Ago


the perilless gaze into the eyes of lovers.

Beautiful write amanda.

I'm a strong believer of this concept "windows to the soul" After truly taking that time, i've been touched so deeply without a word spoken.
Sadly most of the time that touch is a wrench of pain followed by a wish to be able to take it away from them.

thank you for sharing my dear, sorry for the delay

much love n respect

-Lalli

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very beautiful and it flows so elegantly. I have always found it true that people can be read by their eyes. Every emotion is written out so clearly but many do not pay attention. This is a brilliant write...

Voice


Posted 14 Years Ago


This is wonderful Amanda. It really gets me thinking. Such depth in the storyline, and certainty in the words.

Much enjoyed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


'The time and care to look' seems to be at the heart of the poem, revealing the right approach. By taking this approach you see behind the life jaded eyes to a more fundamental state of being. Very perceptive indeed.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2009
Last Updated on June 2, 2009

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sometimes Sometimes

A Poem by TamiViolet