You Must Have Read My Mind..by Michael

You Must Have Read My Mind..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Sally was missing a salt shaker which she needed for her lunch at a diner she was at. Her head looked to the left and saw one at another's table. Steve noticed her dilemma just a moment ago as he got up and placed his right on her table in front of her. "You must have read my mind", she said. He nodded with a smile. Sally stood in front of the cashier after opening her wallet and realizing she left her credit card home. "Lunch is on me", a voice from behind her said as Steve paid both of their bills. "You must have read my mind" she said with a smile. They held hands while walking out to the parking lot as if that was the natural thing to do. Maybe it was, for that was when they decided to see each other again. One particular birthday some two years later Sally made a wish the night before. Steve handed her a small box as she unwrapped it. She cried some tears of joy as he slipped the engagement ring on her finger. "You must have read my mind", she said with a smile. One year later he starred at his empty glass of champagne at their wedding table. Sally lifted the bottle and refilled his glass. "You must have read my mind", he said.......
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this :-)
I think its cute, it reminds me of a song with a sweet hook.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

See my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.net
This is extremely well written and a well thought out little story. Well done !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying it! See my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.net

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2015
Last Updated on October 22, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing