Reviews & me(reviewing reviews)

Reviews & me(reviewing reviews)

A Story by Akash gaikwad

Its has been an amazing experience on this website. I have received really valuable reviews which has helped me. Reviews has pushed me to rewrite some of the stories and make it better.

Reviews for me is exchange of ideas,pointing out grammatical mistakes, different perspective on the same topic,compliments and constructive criticism. I have managed to review 100 stories and poems.

Now I am unable to review anything. Which I don't know why. Most of the stories and poems that I have read their main ideas or the main messages are very similar. Which makes it boring for me. Reviewing poetry is more difficult for me compare to stories because lot of poetries are very personal.

Their are many poetries with new vocabulary which i don't read because 1) it takes time to understand 2) I have to open dictionary many times which makes it boring and waste of time when I am unable to connect it.

I have decided to stop myself from giving reviews.I write reviews with honesty and don't want to be fake.

One honest truth which i felt about writerscafe is that to get reviews you need to give reviews.

© 2018 Akash gaikwad


Author's Note

Akash gaikwad
Looking for opinions and suggestion which can be helpful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So, basically what you're saying is that you're too lazy to spend the time to progress your literary understanding and vocabulary to give any more reviews? Well, at least you're honest. (i'm only half serious about that... a tongue in cheek kind of thing)

You do speak the truth that most writers on this site, especially writers of stories, write about the same crap over and over again. It's the reason I don't review that many stories myself, I just can't get through them because it's so boring. They are mostly fantasy nonsense cloned from Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Hunger Games or Twilight vampire garbage etc.. And when it's not that it's just stereotypical teenage angst, generic love and/or depression, or just awful poorly written high school romance. You are right in saying it's a waste of time reading that crap in depth enough to leave a legitimate review. But to be fair... most of your stories are part of that crowd; you could apply this to your own writing which makes you either incapable of self reflection or a total hypocrite. Either way, your honesty is still refreshing and I'm glad that you wrote this. We all have our moments of hypocrisy and we all have blind spots in regards to self evaluation. (also only half serious about that)

The real problem this site has is that people take s**t way, way too seriously. Too many people here think they are future literary genius's about to be famous and garner worldwide respect. Not enough people realize that this s**t really is just a hobby and none of us are actually very good compared to proffesionals who write for a living. When I see people write crap in their about me section like "i'm a published author" and then find that their "books" are all published via a vanity press that they had to pay for it makes me cringe. Or when I see someone write "i'm a freelance editor" only to realize that means they review other people on sites like these for free. It's almost like a mental illness stemming from a severe narccissistic personality and delusional view of where they see themselves in this world. It's funny to me, but it does make me cringe sometimes.








Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Akash gaikwad

5 Years Ago

Empathy is word we both should learn here. Now that you have gave me a bit of context. I can see you.. read more
Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

I don't think you can see anything clearly beyond your own nonsense. Anyway, you've already showed m.. read more
Davidgeo

5 Years Ago

Oh, I get it now... you're trolling for traffic. You suck at life kid. Bye bye now.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

You are so smart: “to get reviews, you need to give reviews” . . . I was just about to go see if we are friends, becuz if we are, I’m going to unfriend you. Sorry about that. Even tho your confession here is delightful & enjoyable to read. I love your honesty. Reviewing is something that must be learned. You can always find something good to say about someone’s writing. If you don’t want to, then be honest about that (you were mostly honest, which I admire). You will find in life, there is NO ACTIVITY that’s going to feel worthwhile when you don’t give a damn about putting anything valuable into the situation. Whether it’s love or friendship or reviewing or a paying job – you get out of it, what you put into it. I know you know that. You are a smart person & it shows. I think you just want to take a time out from this website. Maybe you will rethink your attitude & return with new enthusiasm to learn & grow. I’ve learned more about writing from reviewing, than I do by writing myself. When I force myself to find things noteworthy about someone’s writing, then I also force myself to notice things I may not have noticed & which I also want to try using in my own writing. Even the most choppy boring writing has a lesson if you want to take the time to find it (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Akash gaikwad

5 Years Ago

You will find in life, there is NO ACTIVITY that’s going to feel worthwhile when you don’t give .. read more
barleygirl

5 Years Ago

And likewise, you made my day! *smile*
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Hahaha...boss the last line!! Actually giving honest reviews does makes a known existence of yours here...and so readers come to you....giving no reviews may end up making us totally a left out face...but maybe not at everyone's fate as many less -review givers (not intended to annoy anyone as it's their personal choice) are mostly well known here!!
Again some gives reviews and most reviews not in order to be reviewed...but to help the newbies and so their fellow writers!

For me giving review is to spread love and smile as am a novice so very few constructives I can give....but it's always been pleasure to read fellow writers writings and reviewing them!!
Am happy and elated that you chose something to write on your own experiences here...may the further be more merrier for you!! Enjoy only on at @writerscafe :))


Posted 5 Years Ago


Akash gaikwad

5 Years Ago

For me giving review is to spread love and smile as am a novice so very few constructives I can give.. read more
¿

5 Years Ago

Has always been and is my pleasure as I said friend!! You're mostly and heartedly welcome!😊

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2018
Last Updated on July 6, 2018

Author

Akash gaikwad
Akash gaikwad

mumbai, worli, India



About
Find you - A kid that misses his father Youth - story of a spirit monster Mate um bonito hone mesmo - not reviewed yet by anyone Cursed empathy - a poem about why am i empathetic. Bury the note - .. more..

Writing
u u

A Poem by Akash gaikwad



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Flutterby A Flutterby

A Poem by Saumya


Windswept Windswept

A Poem by MsJewel


Icarus Icarus

A Poem by Ana B.