Can't Wait

Can't Wait

A Chapter by Alexa Louise Mendoza
"

Chapter 10

"

The next Friday, Science Club Officers had a meeting in Chemistry Laboratory. I'm excited because Hephaestus will be there and when I went upstairs, we're only four: me with my classmate Rachel, Hephaestus and Sam (his classmate). Mrs. Clinton, our Science Club Adviser, is already there. I told her that Dionysus cannot attend because Mrs. Schulz, our Assistant Principal, is looking for him. Then, the meeting gets started.


There's a table in the laboratory with a wood in the middle that holds the light which is used in the experiment. Hephaestus is in the side of the table and Sam is beside him. I'm between Rachel and his classmate, Sam. Mrs. Clinton is in front of me so when she's talking, she is looking at me but she bent downward because we can't see each other because of the wood in the center. I also can't see Hephaestus because the wood is blocking him. I can only see the side of his face, not his eyes.


Mrs. Clinton is discussing about the Science Clubbers Camping. She hoped that we can join there. She'll asked permission to the principal if our school is allowed to join. While she's discussing it, my brain becomes so active. I'm thinking of the possible things that can happen when that camping will be approved. I can be friends with Hephaestus, we can be close and we can tell jokes and stories to each other. I didn't realize that the meeting is already finished. Mrs. Clinton is asking me to get the money (of our club) that we earned in Intramurals from Dionysus. But he told me a while ago that he already gave the money to our treasurer, Sam. So, I told her about it. She wants me to get the money from Sam so I ran to reach Hephaestus and Sam who are still going downstairs. I asked Sam about the money and while I'm talking to him, my best friends passed by. Persephone pretended to cough to tease me. I'm a little shy but I pretended that I didn't hear anything, for Hephaestus not to notice.


"Just give the money to Mrs. Clinton, okay?" I said, but I don't know if I'm florid because Hephaestus is looking at me.


"Okay..", Sam replied.


Then I went to our classroom. I find Dionysus to tell him that we have a camping. I'm so happy then, I found him doing something.


"Dionysus, we have a camping. I'm really excited", I said happily.


"Yeah, we have a tent in our house. We can use it.", he said.


"You already know it?", my smile faded.


"Yes, Mrs. Clinton told me the topic of our meeting since I can't attend"


"I thought you'll be surprised and I want to see your reaction", I smiled.


Dionysus laughed, "Next time".


Then Mrs. Lorenzo, our Math Teacher, entered our classroom so we went to our proper sits.


"Okay Class, I will just announce something. Who wants to attend MTAA (Mathematics Teachers Association of America)", she asked.


I raised my hand because I need it for my co-curricular.


"You should attend tomorrow in Stuyvesant High School at 7am, okay?"


"Yes, Mrs. Lorenzo", we said.


"Don't be late..", she reminded.



© 2014 Alexa Louise Mendoza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on December 24, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2014


Author

Alexa Louise Mendoza
Alexa Louise Mendoza

Canada



About
Hi I'm Lec! I love to write stories and "anything under the sun" topic. I love feature writing. I started writing when I was in high school. I hope you appreciate my work. I made most of it during hig.. more..

Writing