My Children

My Children

A Chapter by Alexa Louise Mendoza
"

Chapter 11

"

I went at Stuyvesant High School at exactly six and a half in the morning. When I entered the school, I was amazed because it's so beautiful. On my right, there's the school and in front of me was a hall with a shed and on its side is a bench. This hall leads to a place that has many nipa huts for the students to hang out and there's the canteen.


I find my classmates. There are many students there because MTAA is from Grade 1 to 4th year high school but the Elementary students are on the other side of this school. Finally, I saw two of my boy classmates but I think they are having a "boy talk" so I just sat on one of the benches in front of the school. Inside the school was the stair and beside it was the rooms. I'm waiting for my girl friends. I just looked at the gate for me to easily see them when they come.


After a few minutes, I saw Hephaestus. He's fixing his things while entering the gate. He's with his twin siblings: Apollo and Artemis. They are so cute and both had a blonde hair. Hephaestus walked in front of me. He smiled at me, maybe waiting for me to greet him like to say "Hi" or "Hello" but it's not what you're thinking because he's just friendly and humble that's why most of my classmates knew him. I just smiled at him because if I greeted him, he'll think that I really liked him and I'm also doubting if he still don't know that he's my crush. I also smiled at Apollo and Artemis and they smiled back. Then, they went inside the school.


When I looked at the gate, Athena was there so I called her and she sat beside me. I told her that we have a camping and I'm really excited about it, but Mrs. Clinton is still not sure if we have because she's still asking for the permission of the principal. Then suddenly, I heard someone calling my name then when I looked, it's Jane (my classmate).


"Aphrodite, I will tell you something" she shouted while running towards me. She looks like excited.


"What is it?", I said.


"Yesterday, Sharon and I talked to Apollo and Artemis. We asked them if whose person they want to be their father just for fun. They both said they want Hephaestus. I looked at Sharon and we're thinking the same thing. She said to the twins if it is okay for them if you'll be their mother. They agreed but they don't know you so we promised that we'll introduced you to them", she said gasping.


I'm so surprised. I can't think of anything to say. I just smiled. Then Athena said:


"Nice Aphrodite, you already have children", she smiled.


I saw Dionysus and my classmates at the gate waving at us. They went to us and Jane told them the story. Suddenly, we saw Hephaestus going downstairs. They teasing and laughing at me. Hephaestus seems shy because of my classmates. All of them greeted him, saying "Good Morning", "Hi" or "Hello". They are all looking at me: waiting for me to say something. I just smiled and say "hello" then they teased us again.


It's already 8am so we went to our room. First year is on the ground floor, the room beside the stair and 2nd to 4th year is on the second floor. The stair is at the side of the wall and our room is next to it. The middle room is for juniors and beside it is the room of sophomores.


The class gets started. MTAA is a seminar or like training, as you would say, about Mathematics. It is half day and every Saturday for seven sessions. And at the last Saturday, you'll take the examination about the lessons that you've tackled from the first session. The first three who got the highest score will be the representative of our region in Math Contest to compete on the other. Athena is always the one who answered the questions. She's really cool and intelligent. I'll not be surprised if she's one of our representatives.


During our break time, we went in the canteen to buy our foods. It's so crowded. Then, Jane called me. She's with Apollo and Artemis. When I went to her, she said:


"That's your mother, okay?"


"Okay, she'll be my mother. She's so beautiful and I like her for my daddy Hephaestus" Artemis said. I think I'm blushing..


"Yeah, my sister's right", Apollo said.


"Hello Apollo and Artemis", I waved at them.


"Hi mommy", they both said.


I smiled and a little shy to them. They know it's just a joke but they just go with the flow.



© 2014 Alexa Louise Mendoza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on December 24, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2014


Author

Alexa Louise Mendoza
Alexa Louise Mendoza

Canada



About
Hi I'm Lec! I love to write stories and "anything under the sun" topic. I love feature writing. I started writing when I was in high school. I hope you appreciate my work. I made most of it during hig.. more..

Writing