Adeline #3

Adeline #3

A Chapter by ally B.

He touched me. Oh dear god he touched me. I don't let anybody touch me, nobody can ever touch me but he touched me. The moment his hand met my lower back my heart rate sped up and I could feel myself tipping over the edge. I could feel every point of contact, I could feel the places where the tips of his fingers pressed too tight and it scared me. I quickly step out of the reach of his hand and sit down next to his brother trying to re-gain my composure. My nerves were like a ball of fire twisting and turning like a wild beast. The last time somebody touched me I got slapped. It was one of the many slaps that came with my fathers scolding looks and my mothers sad frowns. It was a part of life but I still cringed away from any contact. I run a hand through my hair and let out a deep breath before looking into his eyes “ What’s your name?” I ask as the waitress turns the corner holding a little black writing pad and a bright pink pen. She was a plump women with a darker complexion and a frizzy ponytail swung from the top of her head like it was being controlled by a hypnotist. Her eyes landed on me and you see the visible force of her trying to hold her tongue, but after a matter of seconds it just all came spilling out in a jumble of words and all that I managed to catch was “ Missing, looking, prettier in person, and should I call the police?” My eyes widen and I look at him before standing up and taking the waitresses elbow gently and leading her around the corner “ If anyone hear’s I was here I will have to go back to my miserable life back in a little prep school where we all have to wear little pleated skirts and striped ties and look like real life barbie dolls. So If you could do me a favor and not tell anyone I was here it would help immensely.”  I stare into her eyes while saying this and give a loose smile hoping she would agree. She nods and I let go of her arm and return to the table and she follows a few paces behind to take our orders.



© 2015 ally B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
Added on December 31, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015