Chapter Five: The Brownie's Message

Chapter Five: The Brownie's Message

A Chapter by amdc101
"

When there is finally news of the prince, what will have happened to them?

"

Chapter Five

The Brownie’s Message


“I must go back to my daughters. Thank you for all your help,” Ange said as she rose to leave. She was now much calmer, and thanks to the young maids working in the kitchen, her pocket was full of coltsfoot.
“I’ll go with you,” Lia said. “I need to get back to my husband.”
“It’s too far. You can’t go that far by yourself.”
Lia sat back down.
“Thank you. I’ll send a brownie messenger when I get home.”
She smiled unconvincingly and turned to leave. Ange hurried out so they wouldn’t see her tears and hear her heart pounding. She left her daughters at home n this of all nights. The Lion Prince’s men were roaming in the dark. The Prince was missing. She ran to the stable an retrieved her horse, mounted and spurred it on, taking the shortest route she knew.
“Mama, mama!” Ange had just  burst through the door, and she sagged with relief as her daughters came running up. Sage coughed. She looked paler and weaker than before. Ange scooped her up an went into her bedroom.
“Mom-my,” Sage coughed.
“Shhhh. We’re gonna get you all better.”
“But-”
“Mommy!” Delphina yelled. “Glandias is here. Solin’s brownie! He has a message for you.”
Jenna held out her hand. A small thumb-length creature dressed in rags was sitting there, panting.
“Glandias! Whats wrong? Are Amaline and Solin okay?”
Amaline and Solin were some of Ange’s other friends that lived in Modet. Solin earned his living as a scribe in the market place. It was typical for him to have brownie to stir his ink, and tend his candles when he stayed up late at night finishing letters.
“It’s the Prince! Prince Calleo! He’s with Amaline and Solin. So are his wife, her maid, and their daughter. They decided it isn’t safe to go back to the castle. They will hide with the  Taining Folk. Only a trusted few will know!”
“Thank you for coming straight away!” Ange said. “Would you like some milk?”
“Yes please, thank you m’am.”
Ange returned with a few drops of milk. Glandias licked them up greedily.
“I must tend to Sage, then I can take you back.”
“Oh mommy, mommy! Can’t we come to? I want to see the baby!”
“Maybe next time Jenna, my darling. I’m sure now the Prince and Princess are very tired. They probably don’t want guests right now. Now run along back to bed, you too Delphina, and go back to sleep I’ll be back soon.”
Jenna’s face drooped, but she nodded and ran down the hall to her room with Delphina. Sage coughed again and climbed into bed, chewing the herbs her mother had brought back. Ange fussed over  Sage and tucked her in. Kissing her forehead she said, “If you need more colts foot, it’s on your desk, as well as a glass of warm milk. Try to sleep.”
Sage nodded sleepily and put her head down on her pillow, eye lids already drooping. Ange turned once again to Glandias, who was now sitting on the desk. Hands on her hips, she sighed.
“Shoulder or pocket?”


© 2011 amdc101


Author's Note

amdc101
Shorter than the others and not very intense...but I still hope you liked it!
Any comments please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Even if it isn't intense, it's still interesting and with good descriptions and characters. Well done, I love this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not very intense but still interesting! Your characters have such wonderful personalities! Sorry, but I like the shorter chapters... :) Very well written! Good job and keep on writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

amdc101
amdc101

CT



About
I love writing, all different genres-send me read requests and I'll read as much as I can. Message me about groups and stuff... Anything else? I don't know, check out my writing! more..

Writing
NIght NIght

A Poem by amdc101


Handlebars Handlebars

A Poem by amdc101