Monogamy

Monogamy

A Chapter by Little wanderer

Monogomy doesn't exist. In today's scoiety, singles base their life, their work enviornment, how they dress, what they eat, where they go out, and the extra curricular activies they participate in, based off of what they believe will be an attractive trait to the opposite sex. Basing your life, and your constant thoughts on gaining advanatgae to a unfeasible and unidealistic fantasy of a “white picket fence” and “city on the hill” is not healthy, nor is it benefical towards achieving happiness. Many people define happiness based on the way other's make you feel. Howver, happiness does not rely on others or materilistic items. In fact, happiness can be found and defined by the way you view your own thoughts, emotions, actions and perspectives. Only you can control your own hapiness. However many fail to realize this. Many seek out others to consume the empitness they feel, and to occupy their unanswered thoughts. Instead of being alone and finding inner peace, many base their actions on who they are surronding themselves with.


One of my favorite, and mentally stimulating, quotes reads, “knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others withour using them as a means of escape.” There is no comparison between this quote and my feelings on relationships and values regarding monogomy. In a society where people are constantly posting and sharing their life and feelings via social media, many struggle to achieve this sterotypical, and again, un-idealistically image of “perfection.” My question is, what defines perfection? Is it sporting the most expesive and trendy apparel, is it surronding yourself with, and poising in photographs that indicate who you are friends with? Or is it attending “popular” and over the top night clubs that cater to on demand interests? Regardless of the lesser, this style of “cool hunting”, which follows trends of new age music, favorible clothing style, desired mannerisms and material items, sets the tone for a very off balanced and egotypistical world.


Due to the fact that the majority of our society is constantly competing with looking the best, we always progressively move forward and desire more. There is no credibility to the past, and we as a society, aim to achieve more. With this in mind, many relationships fail due to expectational needs not being met, as well as seeking traits and characteristics that don't appear within our partner. However, we are all human and everyone comes with flaws. No one person is in fact perfect, no matter how glamorous social media may protray someone.


Every day we hope to be better than we were yesterday. We hope that within each day we preservere, eventually one day we will arrive at the fufillment we so desperately seek. However, through our struggles to be something different, to divert from the devil resting on our shoulder, and be better, we always end up repeating the same action that led us there in the first.


Two people can share the same heart, but there will always be something missing.



© 2015 Little wanderer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on December 28, 2015


Author

Little wanderer
Little wanderer

Boston, MA



About
Started as a way to quiet the noise inside my head. Instead, turned into an outlet to reflect on, and express my views of faith, society, life, romance, self help, and acceptance. more..

Writing