What's good for one!?

What's good for one!?

A Story by James Lark

 I can admit that I have cheated on almost every woman I have been a relationship with. Now that’s not something I’m overly proud of, but it happened. The worst part of it is most of the time it was out of boredom or it was just to easy to pass up the  opportunity. It sounds fucked up but keep reading. (Karma)

 

   I got married at an early age and at the time I was still involved in somethings that some might call questionable. (F**k it I was in the street.) Because of this I had to travel and spent a lot of time away from home. In my travels I made some female friends that occasionally kept me company.  OK it was more than some, I was young, getting money and high all the time. It was the late 90’s. So while I was out doing my thing my wife decided she wanted to get back into modeling. I figured what the hell, if it keeps her happy and makes what I do less noticeable I’ll pay for some pictures and trips to New York. 

 

   It seemed like the perfect arrangement until I noticed that I stopped getting a phone bill and I didn't see any pictures. At first I didn't think much of it because the bill got paid and there are a lot of photography scams out there. Besides that’s the mother of my children, and I tend to put the women that I care about on a pedestal. It wasn't until I came home early from a trip and found out that she left the kids with her mom and spent the weekend in New York. I am not even going to lie I flipped the f**k out. But the thought of her actually cheating on me never crossed my mind.

 

   It wasn't until she got home and told me the whole story that my whole world just crumbled. I was financing my wife affair. Every time she went to New York she was spending time with an ex-boyfriend from when she was a kid. She even told me it was my fault, I was never home, put my friends before her and she knew about a couple of the girls I was chilling with on the side. The funny thing is when she started doing her thing I was in the process of stopping all the extra s**t I was doing. To hear her tell me that she was cheating on me really had me fucked up. I mean I almost lost control and at that time in my life I was grimey. See at first she didn't tell me who it was and when I was trying to piece things together I thought it was my cousin. And we both were on some wild west s**t so it was going to get ugly real quick. So before it came to that she told me the truth and I can admit I cried like a little girl. The one person who I trusted more than anything did to me what I had been doing to her for years. 

 

  I was so messed up. I lost like 20lbs from stress, was drinking everyday, even thought of just crashing the car into one of the dividers on the expressway. That was the first and only time I knowingly smoked a dirty blunt. I just didn't care anymore and if it wasn't for her cousin I would really be in jail right now. He took me to dudes house (because I asked him to) then talked me out of doing some dumb s**t. I was a very different person while I was dealing with that.  I probably would've gotten away with it. But f**k it, dude only did what she allowed him to and honestly I would've done the same. 

© 2013 James Lark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Karma is, like everything, in constant flow. Where we create our own present and future by the choices we make in each moment oblivious to the outcome it may bring (good or bad). Except after the deed has been done the damage is irreparable . It is only then one has to accept their situation in life as being of their own making. With choices made comes with it cause and effect. All the time you were ‘doing your thing’ causing unnecessary heartache to your wife the affects where manifesting themselves in the fact that she knew all along and went to seek ‘her needs’ in the arms of another man....her ex.
Sadly, the Karma here is.....that she probably loved you more than you realised....and when you did... it was too late!
Yep... they do say...Karma is a b*~@*... I hope you managed to work things out..

A very heartfelt and honest write....

YB


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes, I am having the same problem. geometry dash

Posted 1 Year Ago


Karma is, like everything, in constant flow. Where we create our own present and future by the choices we make in each moment oblivious to the outcome it may bring (good or bad). Except after the deed has been done the damage is irreparable . It is only then one has to accept their situation in life as being of their own making. With choices made comes with it cause and effect. All the time you were ‘doing your thing’ causing unnecessary heartache to your wife the affects where manifesting themselves in the fact that she knew all along and went to seek ‘her needs’ in the arms of another man....her ex.
Sadly, the Karma here is.....that she probably loved you more than you realised....and when you did... it was too late!
Yep... they do say...Karma is a b*~@*... I hope you managed to work things out..

A very heartfelt and honest write....

YB


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 15, 2013

Author

James Lark
James Lark

Bethlehem, PA



Writing
Moments Moments

A Screenplay by James Lark