Phantom Appendages

Phantom Appendages

A Poem by ali

Abstraction, like strings from a spiderweb

Tying my solar plexus to your solar plexus.

A whole room of people tied together with white lies,

Making a web where we are the intercepts.

All in a circle.

 

My arms are not circles

My phantom appendages fancied a spiderweb

There are lines for my father and lines for my mother

Lines for fools that I’ve loved….

Veteran lines from being in high school.

Most people- they’re scared of the spiders and spiderwebs.

I marvel at the structural, tactical achievement.

 

These lines are a mess, and I am the center of it.

 

© 2010 ali


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is absolutely beautiful. Am I correct in assuming this could be about self injury, or is that me reaching? Either way, a very powerful piece tied together with a concoction of perfect lines. My favourite line was definitely your closer, "These lines are a mess, and I am the center of it" - it just finishes the poem off so cleanly; but your opening was equally lovely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another Great Poem! Well Done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


ALi has now been dubbed the Black Widow. Two random choices and both spider related.
Smashing good time with some some real head checking lines. The usage if we are all the intercepts..and the uncommon use of the word form. Then to follow it up how we are all the intercepts in a circle. Quite the paradox from the Muse of Prince's country.
ALl good things coming from one central hub. Rock out. Thing was fire.

WOuld wann see some line splits. Not for a change, just would like to see this thing smashed in a spoken word field.

How's the weather in Utah?

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a powerful imagery of relationships! "A whole room of people tied together with white lies", "My phantom appendages fancied a spiderweb", "There are lines for my father and lines for my mother", "Lines for fools that I’ve loved….", "Veteran lines from being in high school". excellent stuff. love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
"Most people- they’re scared of the spiders and spiderwebs.
I marvel at the structural, tactical achievement."
~~i love this poem~~~ (wonderful line here!!!)

:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A wonderful abstract write made especially wonderful by the first line. It feels like an invocation preluding the poem itself.

I enjoyed the almost gory feel in the use of spiders and solar plexus etc.

Loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Tying my solar plexus to your solar plexus."

this is what you call visceral imagery. Fresh stuff.
Awareness and interpreting the abstractions is what it's all about. Nice piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Brilliant. A depth which i admire, analogies which are subtle and messed, and some great lines. " Lines for fools that I've loved"-loved it. Great job here..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! This was a great work of ink! I loved the flow and design and your topic and the way you presented it was fantastic.
I liked how it took things from real life and wove them into a world of analogy that was really well thought out.

Great Ink!
Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010
Tags: Spiders

Author

ali
ali

Salt Lake City/ Moraga CA, UT



About
I break everything electronic more..

Writing
No no no No no no

A Poem by ali


Cave in Cave in

A Poem by ali



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blur Blur

A Poem by MuSe Ampoule