Flower

Flower

A Poem by light and ashes

She was a flower waiting to bloom.
Constantly waiting.......
Waiting on the right type of lighting. Waiting on the right angle of the Sun.
She was lighting in a bottle, but no one knew it.
They were only left to examine her and ponder over this unique type of flower.

© 2023 light and ashes


Author's Note

light and ashes
This was actually written about 3 months ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the metaphor here Light and Ashes. The flower represented a she who had yet to grow to her full potential. Nicely penned.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


light and ashes

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much, as always, Chris Shaw.
Ah yes, flowers need just the right amount of sun and water to flourish and so do people! Your words are always beautiful. Lydi**

Posted 1 Year Ago


light and ashes

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much.
a mysterious flower that has all the right nutrients...but know one knows exactly what it's called; was she really lightning in a bottle? how bright this strange flower must be.... nice word choice and a bit puzzling.
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


A unknown flower. Always a wonderful surprise. I am retired now. I have my garden now. This year I want black/purple roses. I am trying to buy the seeds. Thank you dear friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote


Posted 1 Year Ago


A nice subtle piece that packs a big message, the poem itself blooms before our eyes.

Posted 1 Year Ago


light and ashes

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your kind and clever review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2023
Last Updated on January 27, 2023


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Flower The Flower

A Poem by Dara


Murder of Crows Murder of Crows

A Poem by carl