The Flower

The Flower

A Poem by Dara
"

Just a little ditty to help break my writer’s block…

"
If you were out walking
One day in the park
As the sun was slowly setting,
The sky getting dark
And saw a lonely flower,
Amongst tall intrusive weeds,
Would you bend down to pick it up
If it whispered “pretty please?”

© 2023 Dara


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd value the singular flower and transport it to friendlier sod. Flowers grow best in tended gardens. I enjoyed the read. Actually, I think it's illegal to pick flowers in the park so...maybe not. But I have transplanted a pilfered daffodil bulb that a squirrel left in my yard. They can't eat them as they are poison but it didn't stop the squirrel from stashing the bulbs. So, thanks to a crazy tree-dweller I have pretty flowers every Spring.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


Dara

1 Week Ago

Perhaps the squirrel thinks he is giving you a hand. :-) One never knows, lol. I can picture your lo.. read more
Inded a bright little ditty with a hanging chad of a question. Do you pluck up and kill that flower, or do you let it be?

Posted 5 Months Ago


Dara

5 Months Ago

Very good questions indeed. :-) Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me. Take care!
Dara, your poem speaks to me in so many ways.

It beautifully encapsulates the joy small, simple things can bring to your life if you only look at it the right way. Over time, I've realized the little things we do and see, and the little moments I share with people are really what matters.

I also feel that so many people these days are like the lonely flower surrounded by intrusive people all around but hardly anyone that genuinely cares to know how they are.

Thank you for this inspiring poem.

Posted 5 Months Ago


Dara

5 Months Ago

I had intended to be a metaphor for just that reason. You are right on! Thank you again for taking t.. read more
Your poem is a beautiful and thought-provoking reflection on the value of beauty and the importance of noticing and appreciating the small things in life. The way that you use the image of the flower amidst the weeds is both evocative and powerful, and I think it speaks to the resilience and beauty that can be found even in the most unexpected places. Your use of language and imagery is both evocative and precise, and I think your poem captures the essence of what it means to be a sensitive and observant person in a way that is both insightful and moving. Overall, I think your poem is a beautiful tribute to the power of nature and the importance of being present in the moment, and I hope that it inspires others to take a closer look at the world around them.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Dara

9 Months Ago

Many many thanks for this wonderful review. I am happy that you were able to take away such great ob.. read more
Too often in this noisy, frenetic world where we find ourselves overwhelmed by sensory overload, we pass beauty and never know it. A flower in the weeds, a stone on the ground, the cascade of a weeping willow, the sound of water splashing over rocks! Your poem is so elegant in its perfect brevity.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Dara

10 Months Ago

Oh my! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It is great to see you here. Yes, it is very com.. read more
Vol

10 Months Ago

Leonard Cohen says they are leaning out for love and they will lean that way forever... (In his song.. read more
Dara

10 Months Ago

That is beautiful!
I’d probably take a pic or pull the weed away
I loved this sweet little poem

Posted 11 Months Ago


Dara

11 Months Ago

What a wonderful solution. Leave the flower and pull the weeds allowing the flower to remain and flo.. read more
dear Dara... I would talk to the little flower and sing a
lullaby for sweet dreams... until tomorrow... wishing that a bird will nest close by
as the sky would have many Stars to cover the flower with a blanket of light. gently, Pat

Posted 11 Months Ago


Dara

11 Months Ago

That would one grateful little flower! Thank you for this special review. Hope all is well with you!
A lone flower amid the weeds. I would be sorely tempted but I have my grandmother whispering in my ear. Don’t pick the flowers. Leave them there for all to enjoy. Good to read you Dara. This was a giving poem. It gave me much in a few short lines. Have a great day.

Chris

Posted 11 Months Ago


Dara

11 Months Ago

Your sweet grandmother was right. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my little ditty. Whe.. read more
Chris Shaw

11 Months Ago

I remember that tune 🙂 It is so cute 🌺
Your flower could be there for a reason. perhaps to drop seed and mix its lot with those weeds which,deare Dara, as you know, can help with so many ills if research/learning be used. Your words are thought words, meant to be shared, to insppire. You have always had the ability to inspire.. and yet again, dear lady, you have. Hugs on the wing.. .. .. to you. xx.

Posted 11 Months Ago


emmajoygreen

11 Months Ago

Not having that, Dara, think I learned from you way. way back and am still trying to make sense of m.. read more
Dara

11 Months Ago

Your support means the world to me. Thank you! Sending you a big hug from ‘across the pond.’
emmajoygreen

11 Months Ago

And not a bit damp - magic indeed! Many thanks, :)
Perhaps, I would pick it up, perhaps, I'd be wary. It would most certainly be a compelling invitation. Yet it would depend a lot on my state of mind whether cautious and wary or receptive and relaxed after whatever like was the day. This poem brought with it a lot of thought and was irresistible in its pull and so engaging. I think you'll be over the block soon. All the best from me!

Posted 12 Months Ago


Dara

12 Months Ago

Thank you so much! This is definitely helping me. Your supportive words and visit mean a lot.
DIVYA

11 Months Ago

You're most welcome. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2023
Last Updated on April 26, 2023

Author

Dara
Dara

NC



About
I am a retired teacher who has just recently discovered the joy of writing poetry. Formerly known as Passion Flower, I decided to publish using my own name. My poetry is simple and from the heart whi.. more..

Writing
Sister Moon Sister Moon

A Poem by Dara


Left Behind Left Behind

A Poem by Dara



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Slant Slant

A Poem by DIVYA


BELIEVE BELIEVE

A Poem by Chris Shaw