My Son

My Son

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

How fortunate I am to be the father of this child

"



tate

Tatertot and I

first wife marsha and tate

tatertot and my mother

Tates final run in in his final game for his high school team
tate







Time runs like a river onto the sea.




© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I can't think of anything sweeter than to have your own child run down the hall screaming Daddies home.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good looking boy Tate, and your sentiments here are awesome. Who should be jealous of whom my friend, as I wish that I could own that honouring to have a son. To own that experience that has at this time of my life evade me. I least i can be happy for my friend and hope rises through that torch passed on. I wish him well and know he has a firm foundation in which to start having Tate Morgan, as a Father.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Touching, sentimental piece.. being a father of two boys, one younger, and another (man) who is now on his own.. I can really relate to this wonderful tease of words. I see the wonder of my oldest son, reflected back in my younger son.. My oldest son returns home often, and ALWAYS takes the opportunity to share some special time with his little brother.. It makes my heart swell with pride to see my oldest, love and care for his brother. Thank You for adding this reflection to my busy day...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're obviously a devoted Father, it's lovely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have three of them, Tate, so I know the joy of which you speak. When young, I would admit to learning little, if anything, from my dad, but now in later years, your statement "A boy will always remember the lessons" rings so very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Some people don't realize the importance of a male role in a boy's life. But you unmistakably do. Those wonderful values will forever reside in his mind and heart to guide him. Beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tate..this is so beautiful. Truly amazing. Well done :) x

Posted 13 Years Ago


My Son
A Poem by Tate Morgan
Has great feelings mixed with sadness, and kindness of a young child. The concepts of this poem is far greater than what one would think. The image is clear-- crystal.
Tate Morgan knows his family's and even better he knows the right words to bring them all together.

Well done, Tate. Bravo!

~S. D. Blankenship Freelance Writer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was beyond beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


absolutely beautiful~

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm glad I came to read this one. This is in perfect meter and does the poem a charm too! I only wish you continue writing in meter and keep the ancient spirit of poetry alive. :) A well deserved 100!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Touches the heart with gentleness, a poignant lovely poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

4287 Views
103 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2020
Tags: Poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan