Cradle of Humanity

Cradle of Humanity

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

How is it that the continent from which we all must have come Is only now finding freedom out from under a despots thumb

"

photo by Dan Heller

In the twenty first century

freedom looks to finally find

The cradle of humanity

come to test the ties that bind

 

How is it that the continent

from which we all must have come

Is only now finding freedom

out from under a despots thumb

 

We have surely come full circle

circumnavigating the world

Bringing us back where we began

while enlightenment is unfurled

 

The masses cry out for relief

they ache for the chance to breathe free

They want self determination

all deserve it as much as me

 

We lend our hearts to Africa

let them hear voices cry aloud

That they may know we weep for them

in suffering they may stand proud

 

Tate



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
It is the one place we all can say touches us all.We all have our roots in the African nation.
May they find peace and freedom.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my gosh, Tate. I could not love this piece more! Out of all the nations, Africa has a very special place in my heart. I came incredibly close to joining the peace corp several years ago because of my passion for the people, culture and what they suffer daily. What is sad, is the pictures we see in National Geographic, the images of crying children that flash across our television screens, is the truth. At times our eyes do not betray us and what is happening every moment in Africa lives with me. Illness, starvation, slavery, persecution, murder...the list goes on and on. Incredible poem, Tate. Really, really, really.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

is our motherland that has always helped stand proud while she struggles at the end of our ropes. Wonderful job As our mothersland who stands proud and tall its up to us to give back for she can proud too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
nice!! you're expressing sentiments about the cries of the world - a tribute to those - a call for freedom perhaps!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great work! Egypt has been a great sign to those who oppressed and the waves of that stand are spreading throughout this world!

Posted 13 Years Ago


the cries are heard and felt world wide , it is the spirit of man shining brightest .. to rise from the depths of oppression

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the tribute to our friends in other countries. This could be extended to many other countries with deep histories and violent pasts and uncertain futures. Nice writing Tate, has your signature caring touch.

Posted 13 Years Ago


great write tate flows nicely.. I unfortunately don't watch the news & so I am not someone up to date with current life around the world. 70% of news is bad talking about death & fighting & crime 20% is weather, sports related & 10% is humorous, family fun related.
I am someone who can't comment on this because I just don't know & don't follow the world & it's probs. I don't vote & don't complain either.. Politics & World is something I am not interested in.. Evangelizing, Peoples pain in the now & Prayer is more my thing..

Posted 13 Years Ago


You know Tate, I have talked about Egypt as of late, because they are a true inspiration. If people want freedom they need to take it; those who protested tyranny in a peaceful manner, and overcame its suppressive grasp, I hold in high praise. Egypt has sent out a calling to the world, and I heard it loud and clear. We here in the good O'L USA, can learn from this as well. If we want change, we need to be the ones to bring it about, and not leave it up to the government to do the changing for us. "Power for the people by the people."

Amen Brother!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


As in all of your poems, the emotion is very well presented through beautiful words! :) I especially liked this one, because our distant roots is something most of us tend to overlook, or even forget about completely. thank you for reminding everyone, and thanks for sharing!!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


My prayers go out to them...they are struggling to find a government right for them, everyone deserves equal freedoms. You showed you care. Beautiful joB~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Our prayers and hopes and wishes go out to the people crying for liberation where all of us find our roots... Powerfully expressed, Tate, with that longing sense of freedom we all desire. May we not forget how sweet it tastes...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3824 Views
92 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Died On Stage Died On Stage

A Poem by OT


Pieces Of String Pieces Of String

A Poem by OT


I I

A Poem by Robin


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT