A Man "Michael died march 1st 2012"

A Man "Michael died march 1st 2012"

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Bearing for her life's burdens soothes the children of their tears Is the rock all others break upon leaves fond memories are his years

"


My son in law Michael Wellman walking with his daughter, my granddaughter Payton
This picture now framed hangs in his mothers atrium welcoming all who visit.

Michael Wellman
The Man
1979-2012
Son to Steve and Kathy
Husband to Jessica
Father to Payton
Best friend to all who knew him








© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Last Christmas I laid it out on canvas. It was given to Michael as a present. Little could any of us imagine how prophetic these lines would become. Yet none the less he remains the one deserving in my mind of such an honor. When I met Michael I thought he must have great parents". And so he does. Michael s life ended tragically a few days ago. What's left to say but we loved him we miss him. Nothing fills that void.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very beautiful. I think "like" it is not a good word for this poem. The music is perfect for the feelings you expressed so well here. The whole poem is beautiful. My favorite stanza is the second. And I am very impressed in the end, it is like a wise epitaph. I am very sorry for your loss.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
I can only dream ... they reminded me of My Dad. This is a great read. I have tried but I just don't have the words to tell you how much this meant to me. Thank you seems such a small thing to give you in comparison for what you have given to me.
che

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Beautiful work of loving art, Tate!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A tearfully prophetic and poetic tribute to a true man deserving. It seems to me the tragedy that befalls the great leave us lost to contemplate. The gap left with your family may seem un-fillable, yet to know and love one of such magnitude and purity is to have spent time with a guest from heaven now gone home to protect from above, never leaving totally just now unlimited abilities and love. Perfectly written and heartfelt beyond compare. Thank you as always for the amazing write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such a beautiful poem. How wonderful and sad at the same time that it found a home the way it did.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Absolutely, and stunningly beautiful! A short review but only because I cannot find the words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear Tate,

Another beautiful piece. I'm glad Michael was able to read this before he left the company of his family. I know he felt loved and had a full life. This was a tragedy, but he lived a full and successful life.

All by best wishes for you and your family.

Rick

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful..

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4042 Views
80 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2020
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan