A Man "Michael died march 1st 2012"

A Man "Michael died march 1st 2012"

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Bearing for her life's burdens soothes the children of their tears Is the rock all others break upon leaves fond memories are his years

"


My son in law Michael Wellman walking with his daughter, my granddaughter Payton
This picture now framed hangs in his mothers atrium welcoming all who visit.

Michael Wellman
The Man
1979-2012
Son to Steve and Kathy
Husband to Jessica
Father to Payton
Best friend to all who knew him








© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Last Christmas I laid it out on canvas. It was given to Michael as a present. Little could any of us imagine how prophetic these lines would become. Yet none the less he remains the one deserving in my mind of such an honor. When I met Michael I thought he must have great parents". And so he does. Michael s life ended tragically a few days ago. What's left to say but we loved him we miss him. Nothing fills that void.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a wonderful poem and seen in the light of the recent tragic development, what acute foresight here. I am truly sorry for your loss Tate but this poem is a glowing tribute to an extraordinary man who brought out the best in all around him...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing and beautiful. It was hard to read this and listen to the music as my children's father passed several years ago and this was his favorite song..he played it every day ...so fitting ...Bless your family Take.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful poem and a great expression!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am so sorry, my friend. May he rest in Peace.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think this is one of the most wondrous pieces I have ever read. The way it's simply portrayed is just gorgeous. The tragedy of it just really made it. Love it! I absolutely love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I still like this. had to come back and see it again.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


A true man is one that can touch others without asking for anything in return. What a beautiful tribute, amazing grace indeed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You bless us by sharing this an amazing show of love, and respect at a time when your heart aches.
I have read this several times, and the tears came as you describe with such warmth the passing of this good hearted man.
When things like this happen, in the way it happened it creates stress on many levels. You, and your family are being held in prayer as you go through this time.
This is one of the most beautiful tributes I have read! Well done! ~ Namaste ~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Somehow I missed this Tate...........so very sorry....but seems with my limited time on the Cafe, I don't get to all I should.

First of all, my sincere condolences for your loss - how very, very tragic! Secondly, your write and explanation of it, and the gift of it to this dear man is heart wrenching to say the least! I am pleased he was able to read the words of it before his passing.

God bless all of you! Thank you for sharing such a personal, and heart felt story!!

Sheila..........one who knows too well the heartache of losing a son!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You truly touch our hearts with this poem. At least you know that one of God's creations have gone home and are now enjoying that everlasting life we all strive for. Our lives are touched by those around us and you put all of that into your poem. A wonderful job. You showed me how blessed I am to still have most of my family living and praising God. Good job and keep on writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4042 Views
80 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2020
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan