A Man "Michael died march 1st 2012"

A Man "Michael died march 1st 2012"

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Bearing for her life's burdens soothes the children of their tears Is the rock all others break upon leaves fond memories are his years

"


My son in law Michael Wellman walking with his daughter, my granddaughter Payton
This picture now framed hangs in his mothers atrium welcoming all who visit.

Michael Wellman
The Man
1979-2012
Son to Steve and Kathy
Husband to Jessica
Father to Payton
Best friend to all who knew him








© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Last Christmas I laid it out on canvas. It was given to Michael as a present. Little could any of us imagine how prophetic these lines would become. Yet none the less he remains the one deserving in my mind of such an honor. When I met Michael I thought he must have great parents". And so he does. Michael s life ended tragically a few days ago. What's left to say but we loved him we miss him. Nothing fills that void.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh Tate I am so sorry for yours and your families loss. Sounds like God took one of his angels home. We aren't touch by such beauty often in our lives so when they do come, even for a short time, we are truly blessed.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Heartbreaking - A wonderful poem for your son-in-law .. beautiful presentation.
My prayers are with you all.

Posted 12 Years Ago


beautiful....

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is a beautiful and endearing testament to your son-in-law. I have a hard time reading the small print as it is laid out in the design. Is there a way to enlarge the visual? The music accompaniment is superb (love Southern Bluegrass) with the photo of your son in law and granddaughter.
So sorry for your loss. You did a wonderful tribute to him.

Posted 12 Years Ago


While your presentation (as always) is beautiful and thoughtful, I admit to having had significant difficulty in reading the small, stylized print. What of it I could read, however, was lovely, heartbreaking, actually. It's apparent that you put a great deal of effort and ingenuity into your presentations. Is your grown-up job media, or graphics, perhaps?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sweet Tate, this is so beautiful as is your heart. I am so sorry for your loss.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am sorry for your loss, and I pray for healing for you and this great man's family. The way that you capitivated his life and soul in these words shaped in such sencere love is breath taking. Such a man as you have described is worthy of this tribute with out a doubt. Thank you for sharing it with us :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Heartfelt piece. May Michael rest in peace. There are many heroes in this world and we can all be them if we just put our heart out there for the world to see.

Posted 12 Years Ago


That's a nice poem, Tate and a wonderful tribute for your friend. I too am very sorry for your loss.
xxx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Let me cry then for the men of the fallen, for the hearts of greatest courage and cowardice, at some humble level we are all the same and Michael will be missed. It's such a shame for him to part with the world in this manner. Sometimes it's the sensitive souls that die the youngest, for saints are usually more serious about their own sins.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4046 Views
80 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2020
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan