Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Luna

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 6.



            “Soups down!”Pratt calls as he storms into the room. “But Maria, Cap’n won’t let you ‘ave food down ‘ere ‘till you eat with ‘im.”

            “Then tell him I will starve because I will not eat with a man who wants to put his vile hands all over me! And if he so much as touches a hair on me or the middies, he won’t be alive much longer!” I explode in anger.

            “Ah, Miss, it couldn’t ‘ave been that bad.” Pratt says, trying to calm me down.

            “If already being drunk when I arrive and trying to get me in his bed after only a few moments is not bad, then no, it wasn’t that bad.” Anger radiates in my voice and from my eyes.

             “Oh, then maybe it was bad. I ain’t thought of that.” Pratt says with apology in his voice. He thinks over what I said before he continues. “I brought the extra water for ‘im. ‘Ow is ‘e doin’?”

            “Well,  if having stitches in his face and some broken ribs is alright then he is just dandy. I had Maden put him on the sick list for today and tomorrow so he will be out for awhile.” Anger was taking over me until I glimpsed some worry and care in Pratt’s eyes. Loosening up a bit, I allowed him to speak.

            “Can I see ‘im?”

            “Sure, but he is asleep.” I explain to him, trying to make him change his mind.

            “That’s all right.”

            “This way please.” I say, leading him into Travis’ room even though I didn’t want to.

 

 

            As I walk out of Travis’ room just as all the boys enter the berth. They had all went into their room with their food so they could eat silently, alone.

            “Is he gone?” Steven asks me from the door to his room.

            “Yah. And Travis is awake now. Now everyone of you better have eaten all of your food. You have been through a lot and need all of your strength. I am going to go help Travis. He needs to eat and drink at least a little bit to regain some of his own strength.” I explain to them as I pick up Travis’ food and walk to his door. I knock and then enter.


 



© 2009 Luna




Reviews

I think you should combine chapters 6 & 7 and make it one chapter. Since this chapter flows right into the next one. Like Moyo said it's a bit plain and nothing major happens but by combining the two of them I think it would make for a great chapter.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


To tell you the truth, this chapter was a bit plain, nothing major happened. You should try to look over it and see if you can add something that makes it more interesting.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2009
Last Updated on December 25, 2009


Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Last Summer Our Last Summer

A Chapter by Luna