Chapter One: Lost and Found

Chapter One: Lost and Found

A Chapter by Luna

                “Come on Samuel! You said you knew the way! You idiot, now we are going to be late and it is only our first class!” I storm off, turning down a hall and running right into another person, probably the twentieth person today. She falls backwards and glares at me. I instantly start to apologize, helping her stand and gather her books up. She brushes the dust off of her and huffs off, her nose held high. Behind me, Samuel laughs at me.

                “She seemed happy to see you, though you did knock her off her feet. You klutz. And I do know where I’m going! I mean, we are heading to room 498 and that is down this hall!” He grabs my arm and drags me down another hall as I roll my eyes. People are standing against the wall as if they have plenty of time. He lets go of my arm and stops but I don’t notice. I keep walking forward and run right into a boy standing in the hallway, talking to his friends.

                “Hey!” He exclaims as I drop all of my books, my Calculus work that had been nicely tucked into its textbook scattering around the floor. I fall backwards, Samuel catching me at the last moment. The boy looks at me, a pair of Mediterranean Blue eyes that match me and my brothers’ stare at me, two dimples forming next to his slightly curved lips. I’m almost positive that my cheeks are a shade of bright pink, my eyes quickly changing to an embarrassed brown. I stand up, Samuel laughing behind me, and start to gather my papers. His friends leave and he stands their watching me.

                “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to run into you. Are you all right?” I ask and he lets out a small laugh, his eyes sparkling, complimenting his tan and dark curls. A red streak shines in the light and I gasp, realizing that he is also a gypsy, or at least partially.

                “I think I should be asking you if you are all right. You are the one who fell and dropped all her stuff. Here, let me help you.” He takes some of the books that have overloaded my arms though I protest. I don’t like carrying a backpack because my shoulders have an odd slant that makes them uncomfortable so I always carry them in my arms, making it a pain. “Are you new here? You seem lost?”

                Letting out a sigh, I say, “Yes, I’m new. This school is much bigger than our old school and I just can’t seem to find this independent study classroom. Could you by any chance point us in the correct direction?” His eyes flick back to Samuel, his blond hair having fallen into his face lazily. The boys eyes darken to an emotion that I’m not sure of, one that almost scares me.

                “I’m in the same class. I’ll take you there. My name is Daniel by the way. Please follow me.” He says in a monotone voice, all the charm having left it. Samuel lets out a grunt of appreciation as we begin to walk, Daniel’s long legged stride leaving us behind, causing him to have to stop at corners to allow us to catch up.

                “I really appreciate this. My name is Laurel. I’m so glad to finally meet a nice person here.” I smile at him charmingly, trying to get the dark look out of his eyes. Jealousy…  I think to myself, finally realizing what the look is as we arrive at the room. Samuel charges in, pushing against my shoulder so I run straight into the wall, my thin frame snapping. I let out a groan of pain.

                “Are you all right?” Daniel rushes to my side, gingerly touching my arm. “That was kind of a jerky move for a boyfriend to do. I thought their job was to protect the girl, not hurt them.” I burst out laughing, the thought of Samuel as my boyfriend being hilarious. “What did I say?” A confused glow comes to his eyes.

                “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be rude but Samuel is not my boyfriend. I would most likely shoot myself if he was. I mean, he’s my friend but I would never in my dreams date him.” I giggle as his face becomes increasingly red. He takes my hand and helps me back to my feet.

                “Wow… That’s embarrassing. You two just seemed so close that I thought you were dating. Can I ask why you two are so close?” His eyes take on an embarrassed sheen, giving away exactly what he is feeling at the moment.

                “Well, that is an easy question. When I moved here from Europe five years ago he lived next door. Neighbors usually tend to become friends but he can be a major jerk at times.” I smile at him, his hand still clasping mine, making mine look even more like the baby hands they are. The thought that they could make a home in his hands crosses my mind, turning my face a bright pink again. When I am standing, our bodies are only inches apart and I imagine him wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close so I can feel the muscles on his chest. His eyes stare into mine intensely, causing me to turn away in embarrassment.

                “Hey look! It’s Laurel the Loser! I didn’t think you would end up here! Why don’t you just go back to Europe? You know that  no one wants you here!” A girls voice calls from the doorway to the classroom. Lacey. Her blonde hair falls in a snarled ponytail down her hair as she flips it over her shoulder, showing off all the knots in it, trying to flirt with Daniel who is completely ignoring him. The bell rings overhead and she scurries into the classroom, looking over her shoulder to see if Daniel follows in after me. I sit down as the late bell rings, dreading the class even before it began. Daniel slides into the desk next to me and I know that is just going to make it worse. I tuck into my book, ignoring everyone around me, even the little balls of paper hitting my head.



© 2010 Luna


Author's Note

Luna
Haha, I know the title is really lame. If anyone else could give me any ideas I would owe you forever! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lacey. Her blonde hair falls in a snarled ponytail down her hair as she flips it over her shoulder, showing off all the knots in it, trying to flirt with Daniel who is completely ignoring him. ~~ think that last word is suppose to be a her

Posted 14 Years Ago


Don't know if you notices but the main character never tells Daniel which room she is headed to,... maybe its just me but I got a bit confused when he said “I’m in the same class. I’ll take you there. My name is Daniel by the way. Please follow me.” but otherwise great :))
LOve ya!! ~Rose

Posted 14 Years Ago


Another thing to add! LOL i thought this was funny, it's so true, too! It's really how people speak today... xD " “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be rude but Samuel is not my boyfriend. I would most likely shoot myself if he was. I mean, he’s my friend but I would never in my dreams date him.”" lol. Good job ;D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha, she needs to stop bumping into everyone xD
Anyway, i just read half of it :( sorry (i'm not a big "story reader", i'm more a poem reader on W/C), but what i did read was so cute! I wonder if she's gonna fall in love with the guy she bumped into... :) good job 100/100!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2010


Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hypocrites Hypocrites

A Chapter by Luna


The Doctor The Doctor

A Story by Luna





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5