The World of Magic

The World of Magic

A Chapter by barda421

        Jason opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. After a good night sleep, he felt refreshed and ready to conquer anything. He tried to sit-up but he felt some-thing adjust under his blanket. He lifted up the blanket and stared in horror.

       "WHAT THE HELL!" Jason yelled as he jumped out from under the covers

       Angel slept soundly in his bed. She had black hair with a silver streak down her left side of her head. When she slept she looked amazing, its was a little weird because she slept with her headphones on. Then the sun rose from the horizon, and she reflected it making her look like a doll with her pajama's on. That's when the door opened.

       "What's..." Derek began "Ohh, I see!"

       He began to laugh, but he got pulled out from the door and Katlin walked in.

       "Not again!" Katlin said "sorry about this, she does this out of habit."

       "Just for curiosity, why?" Jason whispered

       "Its a long story," Katlin said "But she thinks of you as a bigger brother or someone who can protect her."

       "Let me guess, its from yesterday?" Jason asked

       "Bingo, so you might as well get use to it," Katlin said "Because this won't stop."

       "Great..." Jason *signed*

       "Well, I've made breakfast for everyone, so you might want to take a shower, get dressed and eat because today is the basics!" Katlin said

       Jason noticed what she was wearing. She had an apron on, with her brown hair in a pony tail with one of those handkerchief hats on and she had a Spatula in her hand.

       "Yeah, sure." Jason said


       After Jason took his shower, he saw a note on the sink that said "Academy Clothes are in the closet, You must wear Academy Clothes during Academy hours, You can change into your regular clothes after Academy hours, from Mrs. Frigg." He took a pair of clothes from the closet. It was a brownish/blackish suit private students would wear, with a black tie. There was an insignia that had the letters "HA" on the left chest area. But he decided to wait to put it on until after breakfast. So he just put on a simple white T-shirt, with some PJ's so he could walk into the dining-room dressed and not naked.

         Jason walked into the dining-room and saw that Derek and Katlin were having a full-out conversation, while Angel just ate quietly, Sarah was eating too but she seemed to try to get away from everything and tried to eat at the opposite corner of them. Katlin saw Jason come in and she got up and walked to the kitchen, she came back in the room with a plate full of whoa... Pancakes, Bacon, Sausages, eggs, a cantaloupe slice, and a cup orange juice. She set it across from Sarah and moved back to her seat. Jason sat down and stared at the food almost forgetting his manners.

        He clasped his hands together and said "Thank you for the food!" and dung in.

        "Your welcome!" Katlin said before she went back to her conversation with Derek. Jason was half-way done with his food when he looked up at Sarah, and for the first time Jason felt uncomfortable. Which was funny because nothing made him nervous, but it wasn't a bad nervous more like a giddy nervous.

         "What are you looking at?" Sarah asked as she kept staring at him, that shook him out of his trance.

         "Oh, nothing" Jason said as he went back to his food

         "Well, then" Derek said as he stood up "I found these notes on my dresser, and they are assigned to everyone here. its basically tells you what classes you are going too, I've already given Katlin and Angel theirs so here you go." as he handed a paper to Sarah and I

         "Why do they hand out so many pieces of paper?" Jason asked

         "They probably got a deal from Office Depot" Derek said

         Jason looked at the piece of paper, and un-folded it. It read...


Academy Schedule


9:00

Mrs. H

Class of Magic


9:45

Mrs. B

Physical Ed


10:30

Mr. D

Meister Class


11:25

Mr. M

Fighting Class


12:00

Lunch/Free time


12:45

Mr. T

Protection Magic


1:30

Academy day ends/Job Board



         "Crap, what time is it?" Jason asked

         "Holy Sh- Its 8:40" Derek said as he jumped up and ran to his room, Jason following his lead.



         A few minutes later, Jason was dressed and was out the door riding his skate-board down the street. But he had no Idea were to go, that's when he saw a vendor. He had to ask for direction otherwise he might be late.


         "Hi there, would you care for some Lotus Chips?" The Vendor asked

         "No, not today I just need some directions to Miss. H: Class of Magic!?" Jason said

        "Well, I'll give you the answer if you buy a bag?" The Vendor said with a smile

        "Fine, how much?" Jason asked as he pulled the last bit of money from his wallet

        "Oh, its on the house!" The Vendor said as she pulled a bad of multi-colored flower shaped chips from behind and handed it to Jason "And the Classroom is just down the street to the right, then after you see the Legends Store take a left and follow it down and you'll be there."

        "Thanks...um..." Jason rubbed his head

        "You can call me Mite!" The Vendor Women said

        "Thanks...Mite, I'll be back again" Jason said as he rode his skate-board to the directions Mite had given him

        Once Jason got there, it seemed like a house to a mad scientist.

        "Well, how hard can it be!" Jason said as he walked into the building




        Derek had different classes than Sarah and Jason, but he had the same classes as Katlin and Angel. Katlin and Him had a very important talk this morning about Angel and why she was important to freeing Chaos. She explained how her father was one of the rare Male Empousa who married a female banshee, and when they have kids the blood of those children have unimaginable power. To him it didn't make sense, but he just shook it off. Another thing she told him was not to tell Jason about it, because she didn't feel right with someone holding Chaos in his body. Derek tried to understand but stuff like that wasn't his forte, He liked to move and feel free, he wasn't like Jason who was a person who could handle any situation. Katlin could see that Derek was trying to piece it together but she could only laugh.

       "What's so funny?" Derek asked

       "Oh, its just we only met yesterday, and your the first person to make me laugh" Katlin said as she laughed some more

       "Of course I made you laugh," Derek said while he fixed his shirt like a cool guy "Its what I do!"

       "Well, we are here!" Katlin said as she wiped a tear from her eye "Mrs. B, I wonder who that'll be?"

       "I don't know, but I bet she's hot!" Derek said with a grin

       "Perv, lets get to class!" Katlin said


       Derek couldn't say it was a class, because a class doesn't have an open room, with 70,000 seats surrounding them. It was either a stadium or a coliseum, but everyone in the class went oohh and ahhh. In the center on the Stadium was a course, like you'd see in boot camps, or movies, and at the beginning of the course there was a Cat standing in front of a line that said start.

       "Where's the teach?" Derek asked

       "I don't know, but while we wait names Caster Jems!" said a kid with red hair

       "I'm Derek, this doesn't look like a classroom does it" Derek asked

       "I'm with you there, I understand this is P.E but this a little much isn't it?" Caster asked

       "Well, I don't know about you guys but I want to test it out!" Derek stated as he started to take his shoes off

       "You can't!" Caster said

       "Why not?" Derek asked "It's not like there is anything else to do, I just want to get a warm-up!"

       "Well, what I mean is I want to join you"  Caster said

       "I'm up for that," Derek said "From the count of three!"

       "Three..." Caster began

       "Two..." Derek said

       "One!" said a new voice



      Derek and Caster froze and they tried to find the new voice. He doesn't know why he froze but the new voice sent chills down his back. He looked up to see a girl probably 17 or 18 using one leg to balance on a single pole. she was wearing a Baggy shirt with tight shorts. She had Carmel skin, but he saw something swaying from side to side, but he couldn't tell because the sun blinded him. He blinked the spots out of eyes and tried to look again but he was interrupted when he saw the girl straight in his face. She had golden eyes shaped like a cats, she had long brunette that ran half-way down her back, and on top of her head she had cat ears. That's when he saw what was swaying behind her, it was a cats tail. But Derek could only think of one thing...

     "Cat-women?" Derek asked

     "Well, that hurt!" said the girl "Do I look like some person from a made-up show?"

     "Well...no" Derek said

     "Okay then!" The girl said "geez, I don't know how people get me mixed up with that wanna-be!"

     "But, I'm guessing your having some naughty thoughts about me, eh?" The girl said with a grin

     "What, we just met, and who are you?" Derek said

     "Excellent Question!" The girl said "I am Bast, Goddess of Cats, and your P.E. Teacher!"

     "Shocker, apparently all the Immortals here are crazy!" Derek said

     "Say that to my face, Smart-A*s!" Bast said getting in Derek's face

     "You got a problem Dog toy?" Derek said a little louder

     "How DARE YOU!" Bast said "Cats are superior to Dogs!"


     "How'd this escalate so quickly?" Katlin asked

     "I don't know, but its a great show to watch!" Caster said as he watched some of the kids start to separate Derek from Bast

     "I know, you can run thirty laps around this coliseum" Bast said "That might teach you something, and note an entire lap is 3 miles!"

     "Holy crap, shes crazy" Caster said "That's Ninety miles in 45-minutes!"

     "Thats impossible, but being that I only just met Derek yesterday!" Katlin said but she looked over to Derek who was standing there yawning

     "Is that all?" Derek asked "Jason and I did walks like those when we were 7, we were always on the move before we got sent to a foster home!"

     "Fine you want a challenge?!" Bast asked as she snapped her fingers "Here! This is what I used to train with."

     Derek suddenly felt as if someone had put a fifty-pound punching bag on his chest. He tried to move forward, but his legs no ankles felt the same weight. He tried to lift his arms to feel his chest but they were having the same treatment. All he could do was look down, but he saw nothing.

     "What'd you do to me?" Derek asked

     " Like I said, I just put my equipment on you!" Bast said "Who's being a Smart-a*s now?"

     "Can't...you just...make...me...run..180 mi...les instead?" Derek said between breaths

     "Your no fun, but fine!" Bast said as she snapped her fingers again "and here I thought you could be a star student in this class!"

     "God, that sucked!" Derek said breathing heavily

     "Well, lets get started shall we?" Bast said as she turned her attention to the rest of the class, they all took a step back "What?, Line up!"

     The Whole Class line up, the smaller ones in the front and the bigger ones in the back, they were place in three rows of ten. Bast sniffed Katlin, Angel and Caster, which was a little creepy Derek.

      "Well, it seems like this years class has some potential!" Bast exclaimed "Now before Derek gets introduced to his Laps, I need to explain a few things first. There are Two important things that make you a user!"

      "huh?" some other kids asked

      "Well, apparently no one made a mention about this, here I go then!" Bast exclaimed "First things First, Your Aura! Its your life force that surrounds your body, you can control your aura but it also depends on your mental state. If your have a strong mental state then you have greater control over your aura, but if your aura is out of whack that's a different story! Your aura is what makes sure that your summons and spell casting aren't disrupted, so the stronger your aura the stronger monsters you can summon, and the stronger your spells will be because your aura is making sure that you can handle it!"

       "What happens when your aura is out of whack?" Caster asked

       "Well, how should I put it. If you don't control your life force...you'd end up six feet under!" Bast said "Now the next Important thing, Its called your Chakra. Your Chakra is what produces your summons and casting's, but it does use your Life force as well. While your aura makes sure that you don't implode on yourself, your Chakra is what...how should I say...feeds your summoning's and fuels your spells. But remember this, the Stronger your Summoning's and the higher spells you cast will drain even more life force from you!"

       "Yikes!" Caster said with sweat beading down his face

       "Well, now that we've got the boring stuff done and over with," Bast said "Derek, I think those laps are calling for you!"

       "Yeah, yeah!" Derek said as he started running

       "Now, lets get started!" Bast said as she threw her hands in the air



© 2015 barda421


Author's Note

barda421
So this one took me a while to complete (Because my internet keeps shutting down) because I had to redo half of my chapter over and over again. But back to the book! I will try to give the Other characters more time in the chapters, like explain more about Katlin and Angels past, Along with Sarah's Past. But I'm still hoping that this is a lot better than the last two chapters, so enjoy! In case if some readers were wondering, Katlin's name is pronounced like Kaitlin not Kat-lin.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your story is tracking a bit better now. I have a better sense of who the characters are, the setting sounds less like Hogwarts (a very good thing!) and the story is starting to pick up a little.

However, and these are some big ones.... The font changes are a huge distraction. Please fix this. Please. I'm very picky about grammar; some things I can let go in a rough draft, other things I can't. The use of "your" for "you're" is one thing I can't overlook and it squicks the HELL out of me. If you could go back and fix even a few of those, I'd be happy.

This line needs some punctuation:
"I don't know, but while we wait names Caster Jems!" said a kid with red hair

Overall, you've made good progress with your writing, and it shows in this chapter. It may need work, but the bones are improving. Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

barda421

8 Years Ago

Thanks for Reviewing it, it would've been a lot better when I first did it. But my internet keeps tu.. read more
EileenM

8 Years Ago

Try working in Google Docs. It autosaves every time you make a change in your doc. If you use Chrome.. read more
barda421

8 Years Ago

Thanks, that will really help me out.



Reviews

Your story is tracking a bit better now. I have a better sense of who the characters are, the setting sounds less like Hogwarts (a very good thing!) and the story is starting to pick up a little.

However, and these are some big ones.... The font changes are a huge distraction. Please fix this. Please. I'm very picky about grammar; some things I can let go in a rough draft, other things I can't. The use of "your" for "you're" is one thing I can't overlook and it squicks the HELL out of me. If you could go back and fix even a few of those, I'd be happy.

This line needs some punctuation:
"I don't know, but while we wait names Caster Jems!" said a kid with red hair

Overall, you've made good progress with your writing, and it shows in this chapter. It may need work, but the bones are improving. Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

barda421

8 Years Ago

Thanks for Reviewing it, it would've been a lot better when I first did it. But my internet keeps tu.. read more
EileenM

8 Years Ago

Try working in Google Docs. It autosaves every time you make a change in your doc. If you use Chrome.. read more
barda421

8 Years Ago

Thanks, that will really help me out.
i enjoyed the chapter,magic i guess caught my eye
it will be a great book

Posted 8 Years Ago


barda421

8 Years Ago

Thanks, I'm glad your enjoying it so far!
 wordman

8 Years Ago

you are welcome `waiting on part two

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 25, 2015


Author

barda421
barda421

Maquoketa, IA



About
I've got an active imagination, that's full of Idea's. But the problem is that I need to take each thing step by step or I'll mess up. I'll except any reviews, and any Comments that people post. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..