Magic is the World

Magic is the World

A Chapter by barda421

“Today was hell!” Derek said as he slouched in the cafe chair

        “Isn’t that the truth!” Jason said as he rubbed his left side “I was attacked by dwarfs!”

        “Wow, you’ve met our P.E. Teacher Bast right?!” Derek asked

        “Yeah, for some reason she made me run thirty laps, because I smelled like you!" Jason exclaimed

        “Yeah, she doesn’t seem to like me” Derek said with a stupid grin “So what is the Magic Teacher like? I’m just wondering because you were in her last class and it blew up!”

        “Well, I guess you could say it got a little wild?” Jason said

        Well, Jason’s first impressions of his teacher Hecate was … how should he say … interesting. He walks through the door of his class and immediately gets snarled at by a black Great Dane/Mastiff that suddenly appeared before him. He knew it was a Great Dane/Mastiff, because his one and only Foster Mother had one that guarded her front door at night. He stopped and froze in place as kids kept walking in and just stared at him and the dog.

        “Down Hecuba!” said a woman who was coming towards Jason

        She wore a simple shirt that said Everyone must choose their own path, with a simple blue jeans. Which was weird because most of the people he met were on the crazy side. She also wore clear glasses. Finally a regular person is this whole Island!

        “I told you that a kid that smelled weird would show up in my class today!” said the women

        “What?” Jason said as he smelled his clothes “These are brand new!?”

        “Oh, you smell wonderful!” said the women “It’s just your aura stinks of sewers and death!”

        “My aura…” Jason said “As in life force aura?”

        “Bingo, I’m surprised though!” the woman said “Most kids these days don’t know what an aura is!”

        “Before we talk any further, what’s your name?” Jason asked

        “Ohh, I haven’t properly introduced myself....” the woman began “I am Hecate, Greek Goddess of Magic and Witchcraft.”

        “Well, that fits the title of the classroom.” Jason said “Still not the weirdest meet and greet!”

        “I’m glad to hear that!.” Hecate said

        “So, whats so important about my aura?” Jason asked

        Long story short, Hecate explained how the Aura is your life force that keeps your chakra in check, and how your chakra uses his life force produces the power to summon monsters and cast spells.

        “So the more powerful my aura the more powerful my Spells will be, right?” Jason asked

        “Exactly, you catch on quick!” Hecate exclaimed

        “Sounds like a game of Monsters & Magic.” Jason stated

        “Those creators only get their idea’s from our world!” Hecate said “And besides, your aura may stink but if you didn’t have it contained as it is right now your Aura would spread like a bond-fire!”

        “Its that big?” Jason asked as he lifted and turned his arms as he looked them

        “Well normally it would be smaller, but it seems your getting…” Hecate began as she pulled her glasses down revealing black voids where her eyes should be  “How should I say… Insurance from another source. You know what I’m talking about right?”

        “Don’t you immortals try to not bring that up!” Jason asked

        “We do, but where’s the fun in that?” Hecate asked

        “Sick sense of humor!” Jason muttered
        “Well, I think we should get started with my class already!” Hecate said as she disappeared and appeared in front of the classroom “Hello, Class!”

Jason noticed that the seats were arranged like a dome cut in half. And at Hecate's desk there were markings all over it.

        She explained the same thing she just explained to Jason to the rest of class, but she seemed a little annoyed because none of them knew what an aura or chakra was. She explained that the Monsters we summoned are based on our personalities, like if had a Bold and Honest personality that person would be able to summon a Griffon. She also explained that the spells we cast can be forced through the mind, but to make the spells stronger you would need to chant lines.

        “As an example, I’ll summon two of my servants.” Hecate said just as smoke appeared in front of her

        “Mi lady!” said a small monkey looking dwarf that bowed at Hecate

        “Miss Hecate!” said another monkey dwarf as he bowed with his hat

        “Students this is Akmon and Passalos, say hi!” Hecate gestured

        “Hi…” said a groggy crowd

        Jason saw that the students closest to the monkey dwarfs were holding their noses and leaning back in their chairs.

        “Why hello” said one of the monkey dwarfs “I’m Akmon!”

        “I’m Passalos!” said Passalos

        “And we are the Kerkopes!” The said together

        Akmon was about three feet tall. He wore a skittle green top hat, with matching clown shoes. He also wore a loud multi colored fleece over a white dress shirt, with baggy bright red pants. He had a misshapen face, with one eye green and the other blue, plus he had a tail that had a bow on it.

        Passalos was the same height as Akmon, but he wore a skittle tropical purple beret, with a brown and baby blue suit followed up by a multi-colored tights you would see at ballet. His face was also misshapen, but instead of green and blue eyes he had pink and yellow eyes.

        “I would like to have a volunteer to come down here and test what they have learned!” Hecate said

Nobody Volunteered.

        “Jason, thank you for volunteering!” Hecate said

        “But I...” Jason began

        “Now!” Hecate said again

        “Coming!” Jason said as he jumped out of his seat and ran down the stairs

        “I want you to try to make sure that they don’t take anything from your being, so try to conjure a defence or an offensive spell!” Hecate explained “and to make sure nobody gets hurt…” as she put up a glass wall that blocked the chairs from the ground floor

        “Um...Thats glass!” Jason proclaimed

        “Unbreakable glass, now back to class and begin!” Hecate said

        “Wait…!” Jason began as he was interrupted

        “This is a nice watch!” Akmon exclaimed as he was looking at a new piece of jewelry he hadn’t had before.

        “Yes, and look a this locket I got!” Passalos said as he held up his hand

        “Hey that's my Grandmothers and Grandfathers stuff!” Jason said as he chased the dwarfs

        They just jumped out of the way and bounced in different directions.

        “Now you have to play the game by the rules!” Passalos said

        “Or you won’t get these back!” Akmon finished

"Come on!" Jason looked at Hecate for help but she was only smiling

        Jason’s head was getting warm and fuzzy, like someone had taken a piece of soul away. He was getting mad because he was being used for a goddess amusement and he knew it. He was angry because his grandparents left him a piece of their memories on their death-beds, and he managed to have his possession's snatched by smelly dwarfs. This time he charged Passalos, but both of them jumped again and landed right next to one another. Jason anticipated this and turned around fast and jumped towards them. They had a slower response and they tried to jump out of the way, but Jason caught Passalos left ankle and Akmons right wrist.

       “Drop it!” Jason growled

       “Hey that's not the rules!” Akmon yelped

       “Yeah, you have to use magic!” Passalos finished

       “Hows this!” Jason said as his hands started to glow

       After that Jason blacked-out and awoke in the nurse's office (He called himself Asclepius) and told him to get lunch, and after that to go to his apartment and rest for the day. He also explained to Jason that he had to tend to a few of his classmates because they got wounded through the exercise with Jason and the Kerkopes.

       “Thats all I remember!” Jason said

       “Well, it seems like I’ve got to keep my belongings in check before I go to her class!” Derek exclaimed

       “You don’t care do you?? Jason asked

       “You’ve had a bad few days, you probably were stressed enough and you just passed out from the pressure!” Derek said

       “Well, I guess you're right!” Jason said as he got up “I’m going to go to the house and go take a nap!”

       “Okay, then!” Derek said as he looked around “I’m going to see if I can land a date with one of these lucky ladies!”

       “Good luck on that.” Jason said as he got up and left table


© 2015 barda421


Author's Note

barda421
I hope its as good as the last chapter, because later today I have to do my Segment 2 Exams for an online LA3 course so I wanted this to be done before that happened. I know I said I would include the points of views of Katlyn and Sarah and stuff, but this was just a finish of the last chapter. So I hope you enjoy, and feel free on giving me tips on what I messed up on and how I should fix it.

P.S. I noticed some things that I should enhance and fix (Like with the fight with the Kerkopes) so I should be able to fix that really soon...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on August 19, 2015
Last Updated on August 22, 2015


Author

barda421
barda421

Maquoketa, IA



About
I've got an active imagination, that's full of Idea's. But the problem is that I need to take each thing step by step or I'll mess up. I'll except any reviews, and any Comments that people post. more..

Writing