Chapter 2: Not So Exciting News

Chapter 2: Not So Exciting News

A Chapter by Fangirling Author
"

Kyungsoo takes in the pressure as their first ever comeback show: Growl, is nearing. Can he handle all of this? Or will he get devoured by his bitter past?

"
D.O's P.O.V

"Okay then Sehun you'll do the sign of E-X-O. After that, quickly form a circle where Chanyeol-," the words from the manager's mouth seem to be a blur for me. We've been rehearsing for months, preparing for our comeback. I've been always told to do it perfectly, 'cause my best isn't enough. Now that our first comeback showcase is nearing, nerves practically got the best of me.
I sit at the corner of our practice room, ignoring all the stares and confused look from the members. Exhaustion was never a problem, but right now I feel like I have to take a break even just for a minute. I crossed my arms on my knees, buried my face and closed my eyes. The ear-piercing silence in the room is making me claustrophobic but who cares, I'm tired and I need to rest.
"Kyungsoo-ah," Kris-hyung's voice breaks the silence, placing his 'beautiful hand' on my shoulders and slightly tapping it. I refused to look up, eager for just a few more minutes of resting. I guess he grew impatient 'cause I heard him release a very deep groan. I finally felt bad for delaying our practice and for being a hindrance to a much better performance. As I stand up, everybody went back to their places and we immediately resumed our practice.
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-
Hands in my pockets, I slowly walk trying to catch up with the other members. They stroll happily on the sidewalk as I just walk alone. Sigh. As I continued trying to catch up to them, Sehun looked back at me and slowed down his pace. I gave him a questioned look making him shift uncomfortably. "Hyung, buy me some ice cream. Jebal!" he pleaded with his puppy eyes. Sigh. 
"You know me too well that I couldn't resist your puppy eyes," as soon as I said that, he started jumping like a monkey. I really got used to this attitude of our maknae after  years of training with him. We approach the ice cream man and bought a Midnight Chocolate Chip for him and Dark Chocolate for me. After paying the man, we inhaled our ice cream while catching up to the others. They already seem so far away making us run. Our manager told us he will be revealing the concept of our photo shoot and comeback later on.
Sehun and I hop on the car, ignoring all their complaints about us walking so slow. Despite Kris-hyung's contagious cold aura, ice cream seems to cheer me up inside. The car starts moving and we're back to our own little world. For the rest  of the driving trip, we played games, cracked jokes and ate some snacks. We had so much fun that we didn't even notice we already arrived at the destination. 
Our manager greeted us at the entrance gate. Everyone was in awe about the fact that the concept will be 'students' as I just stand their in horror. You see, I wasn't really one of the 'popular kids' back on my school days. In fact, I'm actually the exact opposite. I didn't want my schoolmates to know that I'm training for SME. So as much as I could, I tried to avoid having so many friends. Every time they invite me to hang out with them, I had to lie. And I got bullied for being anti-social.
"Hello? Earth to D.O!" I snap back to reality as I hear Chanyeol's deep but playful voice. Then I see him waving his hand in front of my face. I cleared my throat and mumbled 'mianhe.' He just gave me a suspicious look, weirded out by my unusual actions. Manager-hyung finally led the way and introduced us to the camera man. We learned that he is one of the most popular photographers in the country. Guess there's some motivation to work my best.
Our make-up and hair-styling team suddenly sprang up to life and got to work. I was the first one, which was kinda good but I don't really like the idea of having too much make-up applied on my face. The make-up artist already knows this weird habit of mine, so she tries her best to rub the least make up on my face as much as possible. 
They swooped my red bangs to the side as they finish the last minute touch-ups. Suho rocked his photo shoot, so I tried to set aside all the bad memories of high school and just do my best. To my surprise, I really did a great job. Our photographer even complemented my modeling skills! I thank him humbly, really flattered by the comment.
Time went by really fast as I just slept in a corner of the room. The time a woke up, Xiumin was almost done with his photo shoot. I tried to go back to sleep, pushing aside the fact that I have to wake up after Xiumin's done. Apparently, I was right. They woke me up two minutes after I tried to go back to sleep. 
"D.O-shi," Umin hyung's soothing and unique voice entered my ears, finally waking me up. I quickly stood up and put on my coat. He just chuckled at my silly just-woke-up-actions. He puts his hands on my shoulders, shaking me lightly. I sleepily look into  his one lid eye. "D.O," he said excitingly. "We're going to Seoul Science University!" I just stared at him with disbelief. After I slightly recovered from the shock, I managed to choke out some words. "We're going back to school?" he just laughed at my 'priceless' reaction, as Chen would say. "No, we'll just finish our preparations for our photo shoot there. They said we'll really get into our concept if we are inside an actual school. And guess what, they picked the most prestigious school here in South Korea! I always wanted to go in there." Umin talks in front of me nonstop as my visions blur. Uh-oh.


© 2014 Fangirling Author


Author's Note

Fangirling Author
Hi bookworms! Sorry for the long update, I had to go along a family trip. Now I'm sunburned. Oh well, I hope you'll enjoy it and please review and rate! I'll post the third one ASAP.

✘ believingfangirl

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on May 5, 2014
Last Updated on May 7, 2014
Tags: do, kyungsoo, exo, fanfiction, one last encore, believingfangirl, kezia


Author

Fangirling Author
Fangirling Author

13, Philippines



About
Just as what my name says, I'm a weird writer. There are just times I feel the urge to write everything I feel into a fanfiction, imagine, or a novel. more..

Writing