Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Saved

Saved

A Chapter by Belle

     White blinding light. That was all I saw as I awoke. My mysterious savior sat across from me. I was laying in a hospital bed, that much I know. I sat up and looked at the handsome guy across from me.

     He grinned at me, " You're awake." I nodded; I still didn't really trust this guy, but who would? "How do you feel?" he asked. looking worried.

     "I'm fine. Just thirsty and confused," I said looking around for a nurse.

"Here's a bottle of water," he said handing me a Dasani water bottle, "What questions do you have?"

     "Well first off, tell me about yourself," I said shooting him a look that said he had better tell the truth.

      "Okay fair enough. My name is Jasper Hansen. I do not go to a school as I see no reason to. I have been taught by my aunt and uncle. I currently live by myself as I have no family left; my aunt and uncle died a year ago. I don't want to go to foster care so let's leave that little part to ourselves," he said with a wink, "One more thing, I am a dragon."

     "Huh?" was all I could manage to choke out. I mean really a dragon? How stupid does this guy think I am? He's lying. This can't be true. He laughed and shrugged like he didn't care.

"I know what you are thinking, and it's true. There are four dragon sanctuaries. They all are very secret, but I choose not to live in them for the simple reason of I don't want to," he said. 

"Why are you telling me this and why don't you have wings and stuff?" I asked. If this was all very secretive then why was he telling me?

"Hmm, that's a good question. Well, there is something special about you. I could sense it when I found you being attacked, and that's why I saved you. As for me being in human form, I can assume this shape when it suits me," he said. 

My head was spinning. This was crazy, maybe I hit my head a little too hard. No, he was telling the truth I could sense it. I have this weird ability to sense whether people are telling the truth, and my instincts are better than most peoples. 

A doctor walked into the room interrupting my thoughts, "Looks like you are going to be just fine. You are a lucky one, Brooklyn. I will just need to bring your paperwork, and you and your friend can be on your way." I nodded, and Jasper stood up.

"I'll take care of the paper work for you Brooke, you can go get dressed," Jasper said. 

They left the room, and I grabbed my clothes. I walked to the bathroom. I took off the hospital gown, and threw it to the floor. I stepped into my jeans and pulled my navy knit sweater over my head. I stepped into my nice soft warm boots, and opened the bathroom door. Jasper was waiting outside on me. He smiled when he saw me, and took my hand. At first I was hesitant, but I figured this guy was off his rocker anyway so whatever. He led me to his car, and opened the door for me like a gentlemen. Afterwards he climbed into the driver's seat, and then the engine roared to life. He pulled the car out of the parking lot, and I realized I have no idea where we're going.

    "Jasper, where are we going?" I asked. I really didn't even care where we were going, I had no other friends or family.

"To my house," he said looking sideways at me, "Are you okay with that?"

      "Wait. First you have to prove you're not crazy. Show me that you're a dragon," I demanded.



© 2012 Belle


Author's Note

Belle
As always, honest reviews(: ~all glory to God~
-Belle

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just re-read it and looooved the extra little detaild you addaed:) Don't be shy with them, they give your story an nice personality!

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow that was a very big twist indeed. I'm intrigued to see where you will take this. Very nice chapter, though I think it could have been a little drawn out. Maybe showing us Jasper's inner struggle with telling her? Overall nicely done though:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012


Author

Belle
Belle

About
Hey, I am a Christian. I love God; He has done so much for me and in my life. Jesus is my inspiration. They have all the glory for everything I do. like to read, write, and play sports. My favorite c.. more..

Writing
Memories Memories

A Poem by Belle


My Best Friend My Best Friend

A Poem by Belle


Magic Magic

A Poem by Belle