Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Cracked Glass

Cracked Glass

A Poem by Elizabeth


cracked glass
click clack
heels pass doorways

perfect echo
perfect girl        
catwalk hallways

heads turn

they stop
they stare
they wish
they don’t dare

to ask
why the shaded eyes?

painted face
made of glass

swishing skirt
pouting lips
perfect thighs

click clack
cracked glass


© 2010 Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is powerful and told an entire story to those that can hear.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What others see is rarely how we see ourselves, as this points out in such a vivid, creative way. In a world of mannequin worship, it's almost blasphemy to remove one's airbrushed lenses and take a closer look at the flaws, the cracks... and realize there's more to see... nicely written...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You can fool others with your reflection but never yourself... some try to hide their shallowness beneath a glamorous facade and it works cause so many like them without reason or rhyme.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. i was watching the miss universe pageant yesterday ... (no criminal minds because of it) ... and i couldn't help thinking aloud ... "what the hell's going on?" i said ... and then ... in the final round ... william baldwin ... one of the judges ... asked a contestant about a mistake she made and what she did to fix it ... and she said ... 'thank you for the question. good evening, las vegas. i haven't made any major-major mistake so far and i'm really happy to be here' ... and then she waved to the crowd ... all the while tormented by the smile and the make up she had to keep intact ... in short ... you write brilliantly ... paul is never wrong ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


really amazing, your stuff. love the line: they don't dare

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


click clack
cracked glass


I really enjoyed the rhythm-beat of this short piece which
speaks volumes in few words, cracked glass-click-clack, how catchy

much enjoyed reading this onE!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
sharp and strong images conjured..good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked when you said painted face made of glass.It kind of pulled in the entire essence of your words here.This seems so easy on the eye and yet has an intricate 'cracked' or 'broken' feeling hanging on to it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have the sense of a story being told in as few words as possible, and that's good. It has a little rhythm that'd be apparent to anyone...and I don't know if this is weird, but just the sound of the words 'cracked glass' gives me chills. Fantastic!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

767 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2010
Last Updated on August 7, 2010

Author

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Wonderland, TN



About
I am Alice through the looking glass...I mix my metaphors with barbiturates. I take my mania with a glass of milk and I rarely look before crossing the street. Walk a mile in my mary janes, friend. .. more..

Writing
Bones Bones

A Poem by Elizabeth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..