Part 1

Part 1

A Chapter by Steve
"

I know you've all been waiting, so here is [part] of the story that goes along with the prologue. I hope you all like it!

"

 

Esme had been having these confusing dreams for weeks now, and she could do nothing to stop them. She had not told anyone, fearing that they might try to empathize, but no one would be able to understand her.
           She sat up and thought for a while about what the dreams might mean, and how she would interpret them. She wasn’t going to tell anyone, fearing that her dilemma might spread and turn into something it’s not. This was nothing unusual. Though she was popular, she was a very quiet person and kept to herself most of the time. Most people expect popular people to be outgoing and fun, but not at Rossvale High. No, being popular was about kindness, respect, and integrity. Esme had all of those qualities. Everyone loved her, yet in a way, feared her, like she was some sort of demon, or something.
            Could the dreams be some sort of sign? Esme wondered if maybe god or some sort of spiritual being was trying to communicate with her. Was bad luck coming her way? Maybe it had to do with the class trip in a few weeks. The ninth grade was going up to the mountains. Maybe I’m going to get lost, or fatally wounded, or…. Esme stopped herself before she thought of something really bad, and scarred herself for life.
            That morning, at breakfast, Esme’s parents were aware of her strange behavior, but they didn’t ask, because they knew that she wouldn’t want to talk about it. There was a strange, quiet ambience in the room, but this is how it was most mornings. Esme and her family hardly ever talked, and when they did it was usually, “Hi,” and, “Bye.” Sometimes you would have the occasional, “How was your day?” but mainly stayed down to goodbyes and hellos. Her parents were business people and were always gone during the week. And on the weekends the pair would lock themselves in their private studies to work endless hours ‘til exactly two o’clock. Esme didn’t really care. She liked more space and solitude, but sometimes she would miss her parents. The comfort of someone else at her side was gone and seemed like it would never come back. Maybe someone would come and take the place of that empty feeling in her heart, and maybe that someone would be Johnny.
            The most popular guy in school wouldn’t even notice her and was going out with the more than jealous Melissa. Esme threw the thought out of her mind. The feeling of looking into the face of that pure evil made Esme shiver. Melissa would stalk the halls every day and pick on any of the unsuspecting student body. She would pick and pick at anything on the outside and that was her weakness. Esme knew that Melissa depended on other’s emotional pain, but Esme would always say whatever when the devil’s daughter stopped her. This ticked Melissa off, so she would immediately go to the side of her…boyfriend.
Ugh, nothing would make Esme stand out without being called a freak. She had a little secret that no one knew, not even her loving parents (ugh, maybe they would pay attention to her sometime in the future). Esme could see the future and go invisible. The only way she could go invisible was that she would sit completely still and not make any noise, and she would eventually fade away. And she could only see future events when she really focused, none of that “visions” crap that everyone thinks happens. That wasn’t true, only in books, television, and movies. “Maybe those dreams are some kind of weird vision,” she said quietly to herself. No, they couldn’t be. She wasn’t focusing on anything except sleeping when that happened. “I’ll think about it after school,” she decided. Esme grabbed her backpack, got on her bike, and headed towards school.
The whole day, Esme felt like she was totally invisible, she wasn’t noticing anyone, and vise versa. She was too focused in deciphering her weird dreams. She was on independent study in most of her classes, so getting in trouble wasn’t the problem. Esme was so out of it that she didn’t even notice that someone had put a box of candy hearts in her locker. Out of it until Johnny stopped her in the halls.
“Hi,” he said.
“Hey,” Esme replied.
“You know, I broke up with Melissa.”
Omigod! This was too good to be true. Johnny was the one who broke up with Melissa, and Esme always thought it would be the other way around. “Well that’s too bad. You guys were so cute together,” Esme’s concern couldn’t have been faker.
“Do you, um, maybe wanna, uh, go out sometime?”
“I don’t know, you just broke up with your girlfriend of 6 months, don’t you want to recover a little bit first?” Esme was astonished. Johnny had showed know signs of knowing who Esme was. And now he’s asking her out?
“I never realized how mean she was to the student body, and I don’t like mean girls. I like you Esme.”
Esme was speechless. “I’d love to go out, Johnny. But we have to make sure to stay out of Melissa's sight. She’s going to be one mad girl when she finds out about this.”
“Of course.”


© 2008 Steve


Author's Note

Steve
Again, ignore the grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wel done! I know how hard it is to write long, detailed stories like this, and you've made a lot of progress on yours! Keep it up!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i thought it was good U STILL USEDS MY PARAGRAGH I WROTE AT YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THX THATS REALLY MEANS ALOT LUV U DUDE

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on May 25, 2008


Author

Steve
Steve

Camarillo, CA



About
I am an AWESOME person with AWESOME friends that has an AWESOME life and an AWESOME family!!!!!! div style="width:350px;"> *HUGS* TOTAL! give Beyourself24 more *HUGS* Get hugs of your own more..

Writing
School School

A Poem by Steve


Esme's Story Esme's Story

A Story by Steve



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Running Running

A Poem by sabrina


Wind Wind

A Poem by sabrina